A while back I asked if anyone had an old Fort Wilderness pennant that they would want to part with. While I didn't have any luck here I was able to snag one after a very long and exhaustive search. Now one may ask why I wanted a pennant from the 70s but I had my reasons. I am doing a redesign of my den since I am pretty much working from home for the foreseeable future.

We built and moved into our new house in 2015. Since then the den has been the go to crap catcher room and it was a mess. After banishing the wife and kids from the tables we had setup for them to do their work, I redesigned my den. And redesign I did. While I am not ready to post pictures of the entire room, I am ready to share one of my most prized possessions.

After some crafting work with a shadowbox, here is my daily reminder of the Fort....

IMG-20201028-195010.jpg

For those wondering, I was able to locate both the pennant and an unopened bolo tie of musket mickey that was used as part of the cast costumes around the Fort. While those displayed nicely the crown jewel is the red Fort Wilderness sign. I was lucky enough to find it in an online sale of items that were removed from service at Disney. This particular red sign was used on the bus directional billboard at Hollywood Studios right outside of the gate. I snagged it as soon as it hit the sale listing.

Needless to say I am very happy with the turnout. Now to find my railroad spike that I was gifted from TCD a few years back. It's in another part of my collection and I need to add to this display. At that point it will be complete.