After a horrible year just two questions

Hi guys Well we had our cruise cancelled for the end of this month. So when we rebooked, lost the room we prefer.  We didn’t get to renew our Florida annual passes. But we still are coming the first week of December. Two questions, can you still fax site request? Also have they relaxed on the mask mandates when riding around on your golf cart? We have a 4 year Autistic grandson who will not wear a mask. So he won’t be going into parks. So now we are concerned about going to the park or even riding around in our golf carts looking at the Hooday decorations. Thank you in advance

Yes, you can still fax site requests. 

No, they have not let up on the mask rules. In fact, they are using new signage identical to the signs they are using in the parks that say you will be asked to leave if you are not wearing your mask properly. That said, we were there for a two night stay last weekend, and compliance and enforcement were practically nonexistent.  Guests were blatantly ignoring the mask rule. On a previous trip over Labor Day weekend, there were castmembers stationed at the four way stops of the major roads monitoring mask compliance. Last weekend, there were no castmembers stationed anywhere. So, it’s likely no one will say anything about a four year old not wearing a mask. 

TCD

5 hours ago, jlf said:

Hi guys Well we had our cruise cancelled for the end of this month. So when we rebooked, lost the room we prefer.  We didn’t get to renew our Florida annual passes. But we still are coming the first week of December. Two questions, can you still fax site request? Also have they relaxed on the mask mandates when riding around on your golf cart? We have a 4 year Autistic grandson who will not wear a mask. So he won’t be going into parks. So now we are concerned about going to the park or even riding around in our golf carts looking at the Hooday decorations. Thank you in advance

I'd be concerned about taking your grandson, unless you're prepared to stay at your site.  While they might not say anything, until they drop the mask mandate who knows what could happen.  No doubt it would be very upsetting if you get there and find that they have gone back to strictly enforcing this rule.   I've heard stories of CM stopping guests driving their own golf carts, riding their bike and even a guest walking his dog alone...all required to mask up.  Personally, I find it insane and we will not go back until the mandate is dropped.  I'm not going to put a mask over my children's face.   But, we're okay with not going back... this year we've traveled over 7k miles and spent time in 10 states (outside of the time we've spent camping in our home state of Georgia).  Not only did we not cover our faces, but we were looking at the other smiling faces around us.

Another thing to keep in mind, is I'm not sure if they've re-opened the playgrounds at the Fort??  If Disney has decided to keep those closed, and your grandson loves to play on them, he probably won't understand and it will be upsetting.   Not sure there, but just a thought.

They might not say anything... but if they do, it would be upsetting.    I hope whatever you choose, you're blessed with your time with your little guy.   

4 hours ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

I'd be concerned about taking your grandson, unless you're prepared to stay at your site.  While they might not say anything, until they drop the mask mandate who knows what could happen.  No doubt it would be very upsetting if you get there and find that they have gone back to strictly enforcing this rule.   I've heard stories of CM stopping guests driving their own golf carts, riding their bike and even a guest walking his dog alone...all required to mask up.  Personally, I find it insane and we will not go back until the mandate is dropped.  I'm not going to put a mask over my children's face.   But, we're okay with not going back... this year we've traveled over 7k miles and spent time in 10 states (outside of the time we've spent camping in our home state of Georgia).  Not only did we not cover our faces, but we were looking at the other smiling faces around us.

Another thing to keep in mind, is I'm not sure if they've re-opened the playgrounds at the Fort??  If Disney has decided to keep those closed, and your grandson loves to play on them, he probably won't understand and it will be upsetting.   Not sure there, but just a thought.

They might not say anything... but if they do, it would be upsetting.    I hope whatever you choose, you're blessed with your time with your little guy.   

Thank you for info. My son is a Lt with the Fire department and his beautiful wif is a nurse on the front line After the long hours they have put in in the last 8 months we all need to get away. Even if it means staying at the Ft at our site. We are working along with his teacher to teach him to wear the mask. We shall see  

I

5 hours ago, Travisma said:

We just came back from a Halloween stay.  Do to some issues we mostly stayed at our site, but on one of our wanderings, I did hear a CM on a golf cart tell a passing guest on a golf cart to put on his mask.  I saw maybe 95 to 99% compliance on adults and kids.

Thank you for the infoHopedully in the next month maybe things will be a little bit more normal 

On 11/2/2020 at 3:23 PM, Tri-Circle-D said:

Yes, you can still fax site requests. 

No, they have not let up on the mask rules. In fact, they are using new signage identical to the signs they are using in the parks that say you will be asked to leave if you are not wearing your mask properly. That said, we were there for a two night stay last weekend, and compliance and enforcement were practically nonexistent.  Guests were blatantly ignoring the mask rule. On a previous trip over Labor Day weekend, there were castmembers stationed at the four way stops of the major roads monitoring mask compliance. Last weekend, there were no castmembers stationed anywhere. So, it’s likely no one will say anything about a four year old not wearing a mask. 

TCD

Hey Andrew. Nice to see you’re still enjoying the fort.  This is the first time on this site for me in well over a year.  We miss camping at the fort, owning the TT and the memories we made there. But, with this crazy year, the TT would have been in storage for over a year without use.  Disney will never be like it was even without the pandemic.  We enjoy remembering how it was instead of what it has become. Have fun in your future visits. 

On 11/2/2020 at 2:41 PM, jlf said:

Update as of November 11th:  We have a friend staying at the Fort right now; he has been stopped by a CM twice and required to put a mask on.  The first time he was riding in a personal golf cart (so not a Disney rental) and the second time, he was exercising by riding his bike.   Just got back on to let you know that as of today, they were enforcing that you cover your face.

On 11/8/2020 at 7:54 AM, Starbuc71 said:

Hey Andrew. Nice to see you’re still enjoying the fort.  This is the first time on this site for me in well over a year.  We miss camping at the fort, owning the TT and the memories we made there. But, with this crazy year, the TT would have been in storage for over a year without use.  Disney will never be like it was even without the pandemic.  We enjoy remembering how it was instead of what it has become. Have fun in your future visits. 

Good to see a post from you Dave. You’re right, the Fort we knew and loved is just about gone. What’s left is a nice but overpriced campground. We still like to visit, but not anywhere near as often. 

38 minutes ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

Update as of November 11th:  We have a friend staying at the Fort right now; he has been stopped by a CM twice and required to put a mask on.  The first time he was riding in a personal golf cart (so not a Disney rental) and the second time, he was exercising by riding his bike.   Just got back on to let you know that as of today, they were enforcing that you cover your face.

This is consistent with what I posted upthread. Your friend is one of the many guests who choose to blatantly ignore the mask rule. A CM asking him to follow the rules didn’t work the first time. And it probably didn’t work the second time. I don’t consider that enforcement.

TCD 

4 hours ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

As people have previously posted here and on numerous FB groups, everyone knows the rules before they arrive, or at the very least when they check in.  If they choose to ignore the rules and get reprimanded I have no sympathy for them.

Do the cart and exercising mask rules make sense?  Maybe, maybe not but it’s Disney’s property and Disney’s rules and if you can’t abide, don’t go.

5 hours ago, Travisma said:

As people have previously posted here and on numerous FB groups, everyone knows the rules before they arrive, or at the very least when they check in.  If they choose to ignore the rules and get reprimanded I have no sympathy for them.

Do the cart and exercising mask rules make sense?  Maybe, maybe not but it’s Disney’s property and Disney’s rules and if you can’t abide, don’t go.

I agree keep your mask on or stay home rules are rules.

8 hours ago, LONE-STAR said:

I agree keep your mask on or stay home rules are rules.

While I don't disagree.... I don't believe that this gentlemen knew the extent of the rules.  Unlike some on this forum, he does not stock Disney or the Fort's activities/policies.  He was invited to join some friends who have a rig. He would not have checked in, but rather gone through the gate.  My friend is a retired professional and not one to purposely buck the system.

14 hours ago, Travisma said:

No, of course they make no sense, which is why I'm not sure (as I stated above) that he realized that the idiotic rule of covering your face applied to riding your bike.

12 hours ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

While I don't disagree.... I don't believe that this gentlemen knew the extent of the rules.  Unlike some on this forum, he does not stock Disney or the Fort's activities/policies.  He was invited to join some friends who have a rig. He would not have checked in, but rather gone through the gate.  My friend is a retired professional and not one to purposely buck the system.

No, of course they make no sense, which is why I'm not sure (as I stated above) that he realized that the idiotic rule of covering your face applied to riding your bike.

I agree on the cart it should be a personal decision. We actually put our masks on tonight and drove our cart around to see how bad it will be at the Fort. I really didn't enjoy it because I felt like I was at work and I like drinking a diet coke when I drive around.  

23 hours ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

They only reason I can think of them enforcing the cart/bike/jogging masks, is to make it simpler on the CMs.

The rule as it stands, is the only time masks aren't needed is on your site or unless you are on the pool deck.

Human nature and a lot of entitled Disney goers are always looking for loopholes and stretching the rules.

So it will go from  no masks on carts to no masks walking up stairs to .... you get the picture.

People tried to skirt the early mask rules about eating/drinking at Disney Springs and the parks and that ended up with stricter rules/enforcement.

And over Halloween weekend the rules were on pretty big signs at the entrance to each loop and at the bathroom bulletin boards.  I have a feeling they are there until this mess clears up.

A few times I started leaving my site to head to the bathroom and had to turn around because I forgot to grab my mask.

1 hour ago, Travisma said:

They only reason I can think of them enforcing the cart/bike/jogging masks, is to make it simpler on the CMs.

The rule as it stands, is the only time masks aren't needed is on your site or unless you are on the pool deck.

Human nature and a lot of entitled Disney goers are always looking for loopholes and stretching the rules.

So it will go from  no masks on carts to no masks walking up stairs to .... you get the picture.

People tried to skirt the early mask rules about eating/drinking at Disney Springs and the parks and that ended up with stricter rules/enforcement.

And over Halloween weekend the rules were on pretty big signs at the entrance to each loop and at the bathroom bulletin boards.  I have a feeling they are there until this mess clears up.

A few times I started leaving my site to head to the bathroom and had to turn around because I forgot to grab my mask.

I agree with all of the above. The other reason for having to wear masks while on golf carts and bikes is laziness and lack of leadership by Fort management to craft specific rules for the Fort. This is another example of them just using the rules for hotel rooms at the campground. In the hotels it’s easy enough to say that the rule is all guests must wear masks when they are outside of their rooms. That doesn’t make sense for certain activities at the campground, where the common spaces are vast, and guests can participate in outdoor activities where they are not likely to come in close contact with other guests. 

But just because the rule is stupid doesn’t mean that guests get to ignore it or do what they want. Like the teapot says in the video, wear your F***ing mask or stay home. 

TCD

8 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

I agree with all of the above. The other reason for having to wear masks while on golf carts and bikes is laziness and lack of leadership by Fort management to craft specific rules for the Fort. This is another example of them just using the rules for hotel rooms at the campground. In the hotels it’s easy enough to say that the rule is all guests must wear masks when they are outside of their rooms. That doesn’t make sense for certain activities at the campground, where the common spaces are vast, and guests can participate in outdoor activities where they are not likely to come in close contact with other guests. 

But just because the rule is stupid doesn’t mean that guests get to ignore it or do what they want. Like the teapot says in the video, wear your F***ing mask or stay home. 

TCD

That would require some thought and initiative!

And since they are using specific pamphlets printed for the Fort, all they would have to do is modify the wording.

It's not like they are using a generic one from another resort.