Sitting in our "site" at the St. Augustine Flying J eagerly awaiting tomorrow morning when we can make the short hop on down the road to the Fort!

This morning in SC we met a new motorhome owner who is an avid Disney fan who just completed her first trip to the Fort.  I told her all about our group and also about our site app, which she promptly downloaded.  Her name is Michelle, and she and her family drive 1600 miles from Maine to the Fort.  Hopefully you will see her here soon!

5 hours ago, CCIntrigue...aka Gwen said:

Sitting in our "site" at the St. Augustine Flying J eagerly awaiting tomorrow morning when we can make the short hop on down the road to the Fort!

This morning in SC we met a new motorhome owner who is an avid Disney fan who just completed her first trip to the Fort.  I told her all about our group and also about our site app, which she promptly downloaded.  Her name is Michelle, and she and her family drive 1600 miles from Maine to the Fort.  Hopefully you will see her here soon!

Safe travels, Gwen.  Hope you have a wonderful time!

7 hours ago, dblr....Rennie said:

Enjoy your time at the Fort!!!!

Thanks, Rennie!

1 hour ago, fladogfan aka Gretchen said:

Did you bring the nice weather?  Thanks Gwen.

What nice weather, Gretchen?  I had to wear a sweatshirt even today.  It's much too cold here for me, and next week is gonna be just awful.  If i wanted to be cold, I could have stayed home!  But at least I'm at Disney.

Rode around the Fort this afternoon.  Lots of people left today, more leaving tomorrow.  Around 2/3 of the people I saw were NOT wearing masks, and no one was enforcing it..  Hand sanitizer is indeed everywhere.  

Exhausted.  Goodnight, all.

16 hours ago, CCIntrigue...aka Gwen said:

Thanks, Rennie!

What nice weather, Gretchen?  I had to wear a sweatshirt even today.  It's much too cold here for me, and next week is gonna be just awful.  If i wanted to be cold, I could have stayed home!  But at least I'm at Disney.

Rode around the Fort this afternoon.  Lots of people left today, more leaving tomorrow.  Around 2/3 of the people I saw were NOT wearing masks, and no one was enforcing it..  Hand sanitizer is indeed everywhere.  

Well I'm one of the people who are thankful for cooler weather after so many months of 90++ degree weather.  Hope you still have a good time while here.

27 minutes ago, fladogfan aka Gretchen said:

Well I'm one of the people who are thankful for cooler weather after so many months of 90++ degree weather.  Hope you still have a good time while here.

I love FL weather (most of the time) but as I get older the heat is getting harder to handle.

I'm looking forward to the cooler/lower humidity weather coming this week.

On 11/29/2020 at 8:44 PM, CCIntrigue...aka Gwen said:

Thanks, Rennie!

Site 706... enjoy!  Seems like our time with you in the 700 loop, was a lifetime ago.  I hope your trip is fantastic.    Happy to hear that folks are not wearing masks.  Masks inside do not work at containing virus particles so that's irritating enough, but masks outside make absolutely NO sense.   Either way, I know you both love it there so... ENJOY.  Miss you ❤️  

On 12/2/2020 at 10:21 AM, twiceblessed....nacole said:

Site 706... enjoy!  Seems like our time with you in the 700 loop, was a lifetime ago.  I hope your trip is fantastic.    Happy to hear that folks are not wearing masks.  Masks inside do not work at containing virus particles so that's irritating enough, but masks outside make absolutely NO sense.   Either way, I know you both love it there so... ENJOY.  Miss you ❤️  

Oh, NaCole, we so wish you and your family could be here with us again!  

Wow the weather sure doesn't like you folks who have come down here for sun and warmth.  Suppose to warm up to the 70s tomorrow or Friday.  Of course Disney loves cold or wet weather, out come the sweatshirts and during rain there are rain ponchos in piles at the registers.  Hope the sun made your day a little brighter, still chilly tho.

Beautiful clear day, sunny but started at 40 degrees and I think it made it to the 50s.  I'm layered up. 😎

I have a friend that lives in Lakeland, and our running joke is that Floridians burn their furniture to stay warm when the temps get into the 40's...

So I guess the furniture stores will see an uptick in sales while the temps are cool...

On 12/9/2020 at 5:19 PM, fladogfan aka Gretchen said:

Wow the weather sure doesn't like you folks who have come down here for sun and warmth. 

The weather must really hate me!  I've been miserably cold the entire time we've been here.  Wishing I'd brought my heavy coat.  Yesterday I wore thermals, a turtleneck sweater, a sherpa-lined hooded sweatshirt, and still froze.  I just hope you're enjoying this, Gretchen!

5 hours ago, Duane said:

I have a friend that lives in Lakeland, and our running joke is that Floridians burn their furniture to stay warm when the temps get into the 40's...

So I guess the furniture stores will see an uptick in sales while the temps are cool...

My aunt and uncle lived in Lakeland before they passed away.  They never admitted to having cold weather down here.  They just called us whenever we had snow and laughed and told us how warm their weather was!

If you all need a good laugh, my 72 year old husband just got carded at the trading post when he tried to buy a bottle of wine!

16 hours ago, CCIntrigue...aka Gwen said:

The weather must really hate me!  I've been miserably cold the entire time we've been here.  Wishing I'd brought my heavy coat.  Yesterday I wore thermals, a turtleneck sweater, a sherpa-lined hooded sweatshirt, and still froze.  I just hope you're enjoying this, Gretchen!

My aunt and uncle lived in Lakeland before they passed away.  They never admitted to having cold weather down here.  They just called us whenever we had snow and laughed and told us how warm their weather was!

If you all need a good laugh, my 72 year old husband just got carded at the trading post when he tried to buy a bottle of wine!

I'm very happy for the layers I bought the year I went to Nome, AK for the Iditarod...in March.  They get used a few times each year.

Gwen, last year Bill and I went to the GG in Tenn. late Sept.  Nice weather there, then on to VA, PA and ended up in NH at the sled dog trade fair.  It was so cold (at least to us use to much higher temps)  And I had thought about taking my warmest jacket.  Sure wish I had done so, so I understand about your wish for your warm heavy coat.  I am wearing the top half of long underwear under my long sleeve tee shirt. and a denim jacket :ROFLMAO-1:  So yes I do enjoy the cold, but then think of so many people who are homeless and dealing with this cold weather.

17 hours ago, CCIntrigue...aka Gwen said:

While I've got a ways to go to get to my 70's I've been carded as an obvious senior as well. Its usually a new cashier trying to do everything by the book. To needle them a little bit tell them after a certain age it is no longer a compliment to be carded for that well deserved container of alcohol. 

Wish we could go to the Fort but it doesn't look like we will be going for quite some time due to family changes. I have become the daytime caretaker of DD2's 3 month old while she is at work and she doesn't have oodles of vacation time so Rene and I can take off. We did suggest we could take granddaughter with us but I can't repeat the response here. So until some future point our camping trips will be limited to places we can get to within and hour or two on a Friday evening.

18 hours ago, CCIntrigue...aka Gwen said:

Gwen they didn't card him because of his age, they probably wanted to do a credit check so you could complete the mortgage papers on what that wine was gonna cost!

21 hours ago, CCIntrigue...aka Gwen said:

I had that happen at K-Mart about 10 years ago when I bought some beer, Linda thought the cashier was blind.  When I asked why she said "We have to card everybody!"

So Gwen I saw on one of the Facebook groups you had mentioned more Fort time and less park time this trip. I know that is a huge change for you. Before you had mentioned going to the parks every day for a little bit. Positives and negatives you observed for this trip in light of your typical Disney travel?