On 12/14/2020 at 11:35 AM, momof3kids-Yvonne said:

So Gwen I saw on one of the Facebook groups you had mentioned more Fort time and less park time this trip. I know that is a huge change for you. Before you had mentioned going to the parks every day for a little bit. Positives and negatives you observed for this trip in light of your typical Disney travel? 

Yvonne, this is a difficult question to answer quickly.  I think I'm gonna do a mini trip report because I have a lot of pros and cons resulting from this trip that I'd like to share.  

On 12/15/2020 at 4:51 PM, mouseketab.....Carol said:

Hope you enjoy your stay! Do you still have an Annual Pass? Or did you have to buy regular tickets? Is that why you have the fewer park days?

Unfortunately our annual passes expired at the end of our 2019 trip, and since we thought we wouldn't be back for nearly a year we didn't renew.  So we were stuck paying nearly half what the AP would have cost for just a 7-day ticket.

On 12/11/2020 at 1:26 PM, keith_h said:

Wish we could go to the Fort but it doesn't look like we will be going for quite some time due to family changes. I have become the daytime caretaker of DD2's 3 month old while she is at work and she doesn't have oodles of vacation time so Rene and I can take off. We did suggest we could take granddaughter with us but I can't repeat the response here. So until some future point our camping trips will be limited to places we can get to within and hour or two on a Friday evening.

But what a wonderful time you will have not camping!  Such a special time in your lives!

On 12/11/2020 at 2:21 PM, Duane said:

Gwen they didn't card him because of his age, they probably wanted to do a credit check so you could complete the mortgage papers on what that wine was gonna cost!

ROFL!

On 12/16/2020 at 10:36 AM, fladogfan aka Gretchen said:

Gwen, just noticed you were scheduled to be here til Dec. 15.  Hope your trip home is/was uneventful and that storm leaves you alone.

Gretchen, we had an accumulation of freezing rain at home on Wednesday morning, but thankfully by the time we made it home in the afternoon the temperature had risen enough that everything had melted enough for us to safely make it home.

We're still getting Dolly unpacked and situated for the winter.  (Thankfully we had her winterized right before we left the Fort).  Unhappily settling back into home.  Those of you who know me well understand that Mother Nature and I aren't happy with each other right now.

Anyway, I'm getting my photos off my laptop and onto my desktop ... starting to go through and edit them.  Didn't take nearly as many this trip.  As soon as I can get a handle on them i plan to start a mini trip report.  This was a trip like no other, both good and bad.  Both disappointments and pleasant surprises along the way.  We would absolutely go back and do it all over again.  But at the same time this trip has forever changed our perception of future trips.  Will explain more later.