Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hello to all,

I’m preparing to arrive at the fort with my new travel trailer on Dec 20th. I have been to the fort many times on family Rv trips (as a child), in the cabins, and in rented RVs. 
 

For our upcoming stay, I have a premium meadow site. My trailer is just shy of 31 feet long. What I’m wondering is how much length is needed at FW in terms of electric power cord, sewer hose, and water hose with my set up? 
 

I have been ordering things over the past few weeks as I await taking delivery on my trailer this upcoming week. If there are any other items that are typically overlooked for a new trailer owner, I would be happy to hear about them.

Thanks everyone,

 

Brian

Link to post
Share on other sites

I always had 2' 25 water hoses, 2 10' sewer hoses and an 30' power extension cord.(Actually more since we did a lot of Fairground Rallies)  The other 64 thousand dollar question is where are the connections are your rig. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Grumpy and Grandma said:

I always had 2' 25 water hoses, 2 10' sewer hoses and an 30' power extension cord.(Actually more since we did a lot of Fairground Rallies)  The other 64 thousand dollar question is where are the connections are your rig. 

I agree with this.  Unless you have some really unusual connections, these lengths should be fine.  My sewer hose is 20' and on a couple of occasions where the hookup was more towards the front, I was glad I had the twenty feet.  The power is usually more to the rear and the water near the front; but as stated above that can vary.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, djsamuel said:

I agree with this.  Unless you have some really unusual connections, these lengths should be fine.  My sewer hose is 20' and on a couple of occasions where the hookup was more towards the front, I was glad I had the twenty feet.  The power is usually more to the rear and the water near the front; but as stated above that can vary.

Also depends on how you plan to situate your rig on the pad.  We were in a full hookup a few years ago on a super long site. We needed to leave space at the back for a tent so the camper was fairly far forward on the pad.  Water/sewer wasn't an issue, but electric was at the very back corner.  DH was glad he brought the 50' cord.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Grumpy and Grandma said:

It all depends on which site you end up with, the FORT has no set location for the utilities. Some are in the middle some are near the rear.

Some are in the front as well. 

It depends upon where you wish to trailer on the pad and where your connections are. We like to be all the way back on the pad and I've needed 30 ft of sewer hose to go from the back of our trailer to the sewer hookup. The same for our electric service where I needed to use our extension chord. Water and cable have never been problems as I carry a 50 ft water hose and cable cable in addition to 10 footers of each.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Travisma said:

Well I know you don't fit all of that in your [email protected], so that Sport Trac must be pretty full! :lol:

Actually I do 🙂

The power cords go in this hatch under the bench.

12513831_10205557105070217_6632952489805

The water hoses go inside this hatch under the bench

994435_10205557105110218_860157478200545

The coax goes in the small inside cabinet above the TV 🙂

37712906_10212099015933900_8298410010291

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, mouseketab.....Carol said:

Actually I do 🙂

The power cords go in this hatch under the bench.

12513831_10205557105070217_6632952489805

The water hoses go inside this hatch under the bench

994435_10205557105110218_860157478200545

The coax goes in the small inside cabinet above the TV 🙂

37712906_10212099015933900_8298410010291

We don't have those hatches.

 

My power and hose go in a metal bin on the tongue that's just behind the jack and in front of the plastic tub.  I have the [email protected] power cord and a 50 foot extension in there along with other assorted items.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Travisma said:

We don't have those hatches.

 

My power and hose go in a metal bin on the tongue that's just behind the jack and in front of the plastic tub.  I have the [email protected] power cord and a 50 foot extension in there along with other assorted items.

I added those hatches. I don't have a furnace so have the under bench space. I also don't have the front bin or plastic tub. The frame on mine doesn't have room for a front tub.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mouseketab.....Carol said:

I added those hatches. I don't have a furnace so have the under bench space. I also don't have the front bin or plastic tub. The frame on mine doesn't have room for a front tub.

I thought I could add at least a hatch on the passenger side, but I would have to mess around with the Alde hoses, so I passed on that idea.

All the modern conveniences sure eat up a lot of the storage spaces.

Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Travisma said:

I thought I could add at least a hatch on the passenger side, but I would have to mess around with the Alde hoses, so I passed on that idea.

All the modern conveniences sure eat up a lot of the storage spaces.

Yes they do 🙂 That's one of the reasons I'm saving up to spend a fortune at the factory to have mine refurbed from the frame up and new floor. I like the heavier frame, and front platform and bins, but don't want an Alde, Bath, cassette toilet or the new Air8 air conditioner.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...