We come to the Ft twice a year for 10 days. We are here now but leaving on Friday 😔 went to two parks just for dinner. Too much construction everywhere. Plus wait times are more to allow social distancing. Here at the Ft there no carriage rides or campfires. Thank goodness there are a lot of decorated sites😊. But where are the regulars and their decorations? Usually the ones on the corners with beautiful decorations. Maybe people don’t want to take a chance? Hopefully things will be different when we come back. 

I was recently at the Fort over the Halloween Season and noticed the same thing.  I also noticed that many of the more permanent residents were not there as well.  Maybe they all had to leave when they closed the Fort down at the beginning of this pandemic.  I'm not sure.  I'm hoping it wasn't some new management policy that encouraged them to leave.

36 minutes ago, DinDavie said:

I was recently at the Fort over the Halloween Season and noticed the same thing.  I also noticed that many of the more permanent residents were not there as well.  Maybe they all had to leave when they closed the Fort down at the beginning of this pandemic.  I'm not sure.  I'm hoping it wasn't some new management policy that encouraged them to leave.

From what I had read previously on various sites, the Fort was shut down completely in the early stages of the pandemic and everyone had to vacate the premise.

The lack of the regulars and their decorations may be due to a variety of issues.

Travel bans

Not thinking the restricted policies/lack of being able to enjoy all the past perks are worth the $$$

Health issues @ home

Not wanting to take the risk of getting sick due to FL's lack of taking the pandemic seriously

We were in the 2000 loop for Halloween and the Fort seemed to be pretty busy.

Did miss the cart parade and the usual Halloween campfire programs.

But the Headless Horseman did come thru the loop a day or two before Halloween.