I'll just leave this here

I think it would be easier if Disney just did not allow the party of the maskless people to get the picure, but did allow a fully masked party on the same ride to have theirs if they want it. 

20 hours ago, ThemeParkCommando said:

I think it would be easier if Disney just did not allow the party of the maskless people to get the picure, but did allow a fully masked party on the same ride to have theirs if they want it. 

May be a moot point now, and maybe why they stopped the photoshopping

Magic Kingdom Stops Coasters When Guests Remove Masks

If there is a company that has taken health and safety measures seriously this pandemic, it is most definitely Disney. Having spent a large portion of the pandemic in Florida, I can easily say there is not another place I felt safer than Walt Disney World. One main reason of this is because Disney’s mask policy is like no other. 

We recently reported and were on the scene at Magic Kingdom when Disney halted the Carousel of Progress attraction midway through the first of four acts when a Guest removed their face mask. When a Guest removes their face mask during an attraction, from our experience, Disney will stop the attraction, and warn the Guest to put their mask back on in order to continue the attraction.

Carousel of Progress is seemingly an easy attraction to not only stop but catch Guests who are not complying with Disney World’s health and safety rules since it is an attraction that is either moving at a snail’s pace or not at all. Now, it seems we have confirmation Disney World will not only stop a slow-moving theatre attraction when a Guest removes their face covering, but Disney will also stop a roller coaster.

BlackbeardMatt (@BlackbeardMatt) was at Magic Kingdom yesterday and experienced the same attraction stopping scenario when someone was caught after removing their mask.

Was riding a rollercoaster at Disney’s Magic Kingdom today and it stopped dead mid ride. Someone had taken their mask off on the ride so they shut the ride down. Disney be serious. #WearAMask

Was riding a rollercoaster at Disney’s Magic Kingdom today and it stopped dead mid ride.

Someone had taken their mask off on the ride so they shut the ride down.

Although BlackbeardMatt did not mention the coaster at Magic Kingdom where this happened, it seems that Disney has no issue stopping a fast-moving attraction in order to ensure Guests are keeping their masks on.

Coffin Stuffer (@Coffin_Stuffer1) replied to the tweet saying:

When you said stop dead, I envisioned the ride just coming to a complete stop after 60mph. There were no survivors but at least you had your masks on!

To which BlackbeardMatt responded with “Definitely seemed like it”.

When you said stop dead, I envisioned the ride just coming to a complete stop after 60mph. There were no survivors but at least you had your masks on!

— Coffin Stuffer (@Coffin_Stuffer1) December 15, 2020

Considering the stop was described as abrupt, it seems that the coaster in question was likely one of the more intense options at Magic Kingdom. Personally, if I were to guess, I would think that the coaster was either Space Mountain or Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, solely because there are more cameras that surround these two attractions, allowing Cast Members to catch Guests who are trying to be sneaky. However, at this time it has not yet been confirmed which coaster was stopped due to the mask removal.

That being said, we now know that Disney World will seemingly stop basically any attraction to make sure Guests are complying with the safety standards. Please remember that if you choose to visit Disney World during the pandemic, proper and approved face coverings must be worn at all times over your mouth and nose. Failure to comply could have you removed from the park, or in the case of doing it on an attraction, highly embarrassed as well as knowingly being the one to ruin everyone else’s experience around you.

Face coverings are required for all Guests (ages 2 and up) and Cast Members. Please bring your own face coverings and wear them at all times, except when dining or swimming. You may remove your face covering while actively eating or drinking, but you should be stationary and maintain appropriate physical distancing.

All face coverings (whether disposable or reusable) must:

• Be made with at least two layers of breathable material
  • Fully cover the nose and mouth and secure under the chin
  • Fit snugly but comfortably against the side of the face
  • Be secured with ties or ear loops and allow the Guest to remain hands-free

At this time, based on guidance from health authorities, neck gaiters, open-chin triangle bandanas, and face coverings containing valves, mesh material or holes of any kind are not acceptable face coverings.

Costume masks are also not considered appropriate and are prohibited from being worn, in alignment with our existing rules.

The use of face coverings is not a substitute for physical distancing.

UPDATE:

After talking with BlackbeardMatt on Twitter, we discovered it was indeed Seven Dwarfs Mine Train that was stopped.

Seven Dwarfs Mine Train in Magic Kingdom. Right at the top after going through the mine they stopped it for about 30 seconds.

While we were at the Fort in November, there were CMs posted at the 4 way stop and another at the cart path leading to the Settlement Trading Post, checking cart riders for masks.  They did call out to riders who were either mask-less or did not have the mask on correctly.

As an aside, I talked with a Disney bus driver on a near empty bus, and asked him how he felt about working during the pandemic and being around so many people.  His reply was essentially, "I have no problems coming to work here, it is probably the safest place on earth right now.  You should see how serious they are about this and how much time they spend cleaning and sanitizing everything".

9 minutes ago, PghBob said:

While we were at the Fort in November, there were CMs posted at the 4 way stop and another at the cart path leading to the Settlement Trading Post, checking cart riders for masks.  They did call out to riders who were either mask-less or did not have the mask on correctly.

As an aside, I talked with a Disney bus driver on a near empty bus, and asked him how he felt about working during the pandemic and being around so many people.  His reply was essentially, "I have no problems coming to work here, it is probably the safest place on earth right now.  You should see how serious they are about this and how much time they spend cleaning and sanitizing everything".

My wife felt safer there a couple weeks ago than any store we have been to.

We were waiting in Pandora for my nephews family and were sitting in an alcove with smooth flat rocks for seats.  As soon as another family left the area a CM came over and sprayed down the seating area.

We had seen the same thing earlier, as soon as someone left a table it would get sprayed down.