Are CATS allowed in the pet friendly cabins?

Hello - I have appreciated FF for all of your helpful info over the years, but have mostly been a by-stander as it was so easy to find the answers to my questions without asking outright! Now I have a question that I cannot find here - that's new! I had a reservation for a pet friendly cabin for 2021 which we cancelled when we thought our plans would change due to COVID. This reservation was for a pet friendly cabin, and the agent said we could bring our dog and ALSO OUR CAT - we have a diabetic cat that needs insulin and he doesn't like house-sitters much. The agent who helped us book over the phone said not many agents knew about the cats being allowed, but she even said she put it in our res that we were permitted to bring our cat. Due to COVID we cancelled that res, but now that vax out trying to rebook and of course the agent we got tonight to rebook said cats are NOT allowed. Might you experts know the facts? Our first agent said that not many Dis staff even know that cats are now allowed, so wishing I had gotten that first agents extension! Originally had even found some info online about cats being allowed in the cabins and yet of course I cannot find that back either - argh!!! ;)

Many thanks for any help you might offer on this not-so-common question! :)

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/rooms-packages/hotels-pet-friendly/

Rooms & Packages – Frequently Asked Questions

Q.  Do you have any pet-friendly hotels?

A. Yes. As part of an ongoing pilot program, 4 of our Disney Resort hotels have designated dog-friendly accommodations, including:

These rooms have easy access to outdoor walkways for exercise and to green spaces with pet relief areas. Upon arrival, dogs and their owners will be greeted with a complimentary Pluto’s Welcome Kit.

At this time, dogs are the only pets allowed, with a maximum of 2 permitted per Guest room. Dogs are expected to be well-behaved, leashed in public areas and properly vaccinated.

While certain floors or sections of these Disney Resort hotels are designated as dog-friendly, the majority of areas remain canine-free to protect Guests with allergies. Other than service animals, dogs are not permitted in theme parks, water parks or common areas such as restaurants, pools and recreational spaces.

For more information, call (407) 934-7639. Guests under 18 years of age must have parent or guardian permission to call.

• 4 months later...