WDW stops selling new APs. Renewals only allowed

12 minutes ago, AuburnJen said:

Someone needs to learn how to write a title to an article to a story.  That story was all about California.  Ugh

That's what happens when you no longer have actual reporters/journalists.  They are all now copy writers.  No looking for the facts anymore...

Off my soap box.......

4 hours ago, Grumpy and Grandma said:

That's what happens when you no longer have actual reporters/journalists.  They are all now copy writers.  No looking for the facts anymore...

Off my soap box.......

True journalism is hard to find anymore... it left our country a good decade (if not two) ago.  Now it's all about the number of views:  sensationalism/fear brings those in.  Facts do not matter and we've gone from a society where apologies are issued (when false or poor information is given out) to glazing over with absurd justifications.

1 hour ago, Travisma said:

Weren’t they just suspending sales previously?  Looks like they made a decision to end sales now.

Disney is allowing renewals. Also I believe they are allowing new sales for children in families with APs who are now turning 3 years old. The article as of my just reading it now does state the WDW program is suspended but not cancelled. 

Disneyland has cancelled all sales and renewals of APs they will be revealing a new program later on. Probably closer to when they know they can ope and at what capacity they can open. 

Just my speculation here, I have no inside info, but I could imagine them applying a DVC-style points model for APs, where instead of blackout dates, you get a limited pool of "park points" that would allow you to enter the parks. Low-traffic days would be cheaper in "points" than high-traffic days, to encourage AP holders to come when crowds are lower. The most expensive new "Annual Pass" would provide you with enough points to attend 365 days if you wanted, but would be "if you have to ask" expensive, where cheaper APs would give you enough for maybe a few days a month, or a longer vacation once or twice a year.

23 hours ago, AuburnChris said:

Just my speculation here, I have no inside info, but I could imagine them applying a DVC-style points model for APs, where instead of blackout dates, you get a limited pool of "park points" that would allow you to enter the parks. Low-traffic days would be cheaper in "points" than high-traffic days, to encourage AP holders to come when crowds are lower. The most expensive new "Annual Pass" would provide you with enough points to attend 365 days if you wanted, but would be "if you have to ask" expensive, where cheaper APs would give you enough for maybe a few days a month, or a longer vacation once or twice a year.

That's just convoluted and confusing  enough to be something that the bean counters would come up with.  And since I'm in the "if you have to ask" category I shudder to think what it would cost.

On 1/18/2021 at 3:38 PM, AuburnChris said:

It sounds like a way for Disney to incent AP holders to visit on slower days without the backlash of blackout dates. If they set the points low enough I could also see this as having the potential of attracting visitors to their resorts during the slow times too.

On 1/18/2021 at 3:38 PM, AuburnChris said:

Sounds like the old A thru E ticket books!