Birthday Weekend

Currently at the Fort.  Want to give some updates.

Bus between the Fort and Wilderness lodge is running on the access road.  Walking trail is still closed and is torn up in a couple of places.

Liberty Belle is back in the Rivers of America and operating.  There is an article in the Orlando Sentinel about its trip last night getting back.  I can’t read it because I’ve visited their site too many times.

2000 loop at the Fort was pretty deserted yesterday Thursday 2/4.  Filling up today.  Not sure if they are reading their faxes.  I asked for 2025, then 2027.  Checked in and they gave us 2045, but 2027 was open. 

That’s it for now.

But it’s my granddaughter Olivia’s 12 birthday if anyone wants to wish her a Happy Birthday!

39 minutes ago, Love Ft Wilderness said:

Thank you for the walking trail update.  I can't understand why it takes so long to finish it.  From the Wilderness Lodge end of it, this past December, it looked like they were smoothing that part out.  I hope they can get it open again this year.

It was closed due to the Reflections construction.  There was a truck crossing the path not sure where it was heading.  Until they figure out that mess I doubt it’ll reopen

23 hours ago, Travisma said:

When did they move the Fort and Lodge boat landings at MK?  Now they are near the monorail and share the entrance to the new GF walkway.

Last time we took a boat, the launch was closer to the ferry dock.

The dock reassignment coincided with the closure of the Polynesian Resort monorail station in November. I’m guessing they needed a bigger covered waiting area for the Polynesian guests, and with only the DVC rooms open at Wilderness Lodge it made sense to give the Polynesian the bigger dock. 

21 hours ago, Travisma said:

It was closed due to the Reflections construction.  There was a truck crossing the path not sure where it was heading.  Until they figure out that mess I doubt it’ll reopen

I agree. If the exercise trail was going to reopen, it wasn’t going to be until after the Reflections construction was completed. Now, I doubt there’s a plan or any money budgeted to reopen it.  It will probably remain closed until someday long in the future when a new DVC resort is built. 

TCD

4 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

The dock reassignment coincided with the closure of the Polynesian Resort monorail station in November. I’m guessing they needed a bigger covered waiting area for the Polynesian guests, and with only the DVC rooms open at Wilderness Lodge it made sense to give the Polynesian the bigger dock. 

I agree. If the exercise trail was going to reopen, it wasn’t going to be until after the Reflections construction was completed. Now, I doubt there’s a plan or any money budgeted to reopen it.  It will probably remain closed until someday long in the future when a new DVC resort is built. 

TCD

Trail is totally torn up and looks wider.

What’s really troubling is the paved part ends a little past the new barn.  At that point the old trail is totally gone, been all leveled out, and it’s all grass for quite a ways until the torn up part starts.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

I found too it cut down on the No See Ums

Someone on a FL camping site posted that this stuff, said it works great for no see ums, biting flies, mosquitos.

No Mosquitoz or No Natz.  Both work on everything just different formulas, and both all natural.

Available on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/MOSQUITOZ-Repellant-Hand-Crafted-Hypoallergenic-Non-Greasy/dp/B082DNCHBP

some Wal-Marts

or their webpage nonatz.com

We had used Repel natural lemongrass and Cutter Skinsations on a recent camping trip against no see ums.  Both work OK, but I just ordered the no mosquitoz to give it a try.

10 minutes ago, Travisma said:

Someone on a FL camping site posted that this stuff, said it works great for no see ums, biting flies, mosquitos.

No Mosquitoz or No Natz.  Both work on everything just different formulas, and both all natural.

Available on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/MOSQUITOZ-Repellant-Hand-Crafted-Hypoallergenic-Non-Greasy/dp/B082DNCHBP

some Wal-Marts

or their webpage nonatz.com

We had used Repel natural lemongrass and Cutter Skinsations on a recent camping trip against no see ums.  Both work OK, but I just ordered the no mosquitoz to give it a try.

Let me know how it works for you. I am one of those people that if there is a biting insect within 3 miles they will skip all other targets to come after me. 

5 minutes ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

Let me know how it works for you. I am one of those people that if there is a biting insect within 3 miles they will skip all other targets to come after me. 

The woman that posted it and someone else that replied both gave it glowing reviews.

The OP did say that it didn't work on her husband until he rubbed it it.  She thinks it didn't penetrate past his hairy arms and legs. :lol:

I'm hoping it works on those nasty biting 3 cornered/green flies that hang out at the Fort.

They were terrible there one year.  My daughter had a welt on her foot for over a month from a bite.

10 hours ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

Same!  And for whatever reason, FL bitey things affect me worse than here.  I end up with welts and one trip my foot blew up so much I could barely get my shoe on.

13 hours ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

Same!  And for whatever reason, FL bitey things affect me worse than here.  I end up with welts and one trip my foot blew up so much I could barely get my shoe on.

One trip my legs looked like I had the plague. I still have scarring. Worst thing ever and the Benadryl barely touched it. It was the first time something like that had happened so not I am super cautious. 

Just now, Katman1356...Jason said:

One trip my legs looked like I had the plague. I still have scarring. Worst thing ever and the Benadryl barely touched it. It was the first time something like that had happened so not I am super cautious. 

Sounds familiar!  I finally figured out that the bites on my feet were from walking the dogs out along the canal in just crocs, no socks.  Started putting socks on and that helped a bit. It honestly looked like my feet had the chicken pox and they were the itchiest bites I've ever had in my life. Benadryl took the edge off a bit, but really didn't help much.

And while mosquitos love me up here in NH, when I get bitten in FL I end up with nasty bumps that take weeks to go down.

And then there's DH, who gets nary a bite anywhere.

I tell him he's just not delicious.  ;)