Kitchen Questions for Tent Camping Loops

My wife and I our coming back to the Fort in April, and are planning to do some cooking at our tent site. During previous trips, we haven't done any cooking, so we know that there is power and cold water at the tent sites. The concern becomes how to maintain a clean site afterwards (dishes in particular). We brought our own hose and bucket before, so now its just adding on some kitchen tools to our packing.

The question I have is what do people do with the dirty dish water after you are done cleaning up? From what I recall, there isn't a drain anywhere at the site. Is there a dump spot that dirty water can be disposed of properly, without letting it go outside of the sand area.

Thanks, Derrick

1 hour ago, madcouch2017 said:

My wife and I our coming back to the Fort in April, and are planning to do some cooking at our tent site. During previous trips, we haven't done any cooking, so we know that there is power and cold water at the tent sites. The concern becomes how to maintain a clean site afterwards (dishes in particular). We brought our own hose and bucket before, so now its just adding on some kitchen tools to our packing.

The question I have is what do people do with the dirty dish water after you are done cleaning up? From what I recall, there isn't a drain anywhere at the site. Is there a dump spot that dirty water can be disposed of properly, without letting it go outside of the sand area.

Thanks, Derrick

They don't have a dump station. You could take it to an empty site on a site that has sewer and dump there. As far as I know illegal to dump on the ground and the big sink in the comfort station laundry is a laundry sink so not really good to dump there either. It's one reason I try to get at least a Full Hookup level campsite just for the sewer convenience. 

Welcome to Fiends btw!

22 hours ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

They don't have a dump station. You could take it to an empty site on a site that has sewer and dump there. As far as I know illegal to dump on the ground and the big sink in the comfort station laundry is a laundry sink so not really good to dump there either. It's one reason I try to get at least a Full Hookup level campsite just for the sewer convenience. 

Welcome to Fiends btw!

Thanks for the welcome 🙂 

I didn’t think about the comfort station toilets. It might be odd walking a bucket into the stalls, but It would work. 
I remember seeing a lot of the tent sites with kitchen setups, so i figured I’d ask. I have read somewhere else (Facebook most likely) that people have dumped at open sites with sewers. 

3 hours ago, madcouch2017 said:

Thanks for the welcome 🙂 

I didn’t think about the comfort station toilets. It might be odd walking a bucket into the stalls, but It would work. 
I remember seeing a lot of the tent sites with kitchen setups, so i figured I’d ask. I have read somewhere else (Facebook most likely) that people have dumped at open sites with sewers. 

I know if you have tanks the Fort directs you to find an empty site to dump. That’s why I mentioned it.