If your Traveling to the Fort on I-95 you need to know about Buc-ee's

OK so I got my shots, I'm retired but we still need to wear a mask out in public and we can't get into the Magic Kingdom because of it being the Easter Season.  I had to get out of the house.  You know you are bored silly when the only thing you can think of doing is going to a new gas station that's 45 miles away.  And that's how we found ourselves at Buc-ee's.  If you are traveling south to I-4 you will drive right by it.  Exit onto LPGA Blvd which is just a few miles north of the I-4 turnoff.  The place is huge.  It has 104 fueling pumps and 53,000Sq ft of retail space inside the store.  Gas is cheap by comparison.  The price for regular at the Race Track station in Winter Springs on March 24,2021 is $2.79 and at Buc-ee's its $2.56.  This is not a truck stop so you will not be competing with big rigs for space at the pumps but it you are driving a big Class A and towing a trailer you might want to rethink your visit.  I did see Class A's getting gas however.  Once you walk inside you understand where the real profits are made.  It is a very efficiently run operation with well over 200 employee's.  When I was in there at 1:00pm there were around 1000 customers looking at food, snacks, clothing, toys, and other household items.  I like to think of myself as someone with strong control over my impulses but after only 1 hour in the place I had dropped over $120 not counting gas.  In my defense I was with my wife.  Try to imagine a giant Cracker Barrel inside a Bass Pro shops with an upscale surf shop and Texas BBQ.  After sampling some of their signature sandwiches I think the BBQ Brisket sandwich will have you coming back on your return trip home. The only downside is they do not have any tables or seating so it is all take out.  Did I mention that the rest rooms are huge, clean and they sell art work in them.   

I am hoping to stop in there next Tuesday on my way north for diesel fuel, the ones in Texas have been known not to let setups like ours in their property. We tow with a Kenworth tractor towing a 43' 5th wheel both tagged as a rv, I am thinking as new as it is they might not enforce that yet, they do allow other rv 's but it must be the truck they don't like but we shall see. Wish me luck

10 hours ago, DinDavie said:

Try to imagine a giant Cracker Barrel inside a Bass Pro shops with an upscale surf shop and Texas BBQ.  After sampling some of their signature sandwiches I think the BBQ Brisket sandwich will have you coming back on your return trip home. The only downside is they do not have any tables or seating so it is all take out.  Did I mention that the rest rooms are huge, clean and they sell art work in them.   

That sounds like completely insane shopping amusement park... annnnnnnd I'm writing it on my list for our next trip.  
:ROFLMAO-1:

We visited a Buc-ees when we were in Texas.

Agree with everything previously posted.

The closest thing in the rest of the country would be a Wa Wa, but Buc-ees is about 10 to 20 times larger and sells just about everything under the sun!

It's hard to see from one end of the store to the other.  You will get your daily steps in !

Carol (Mouseketab) and I stopped at the one in Macon on the way to WWW2021 in January. My daughter and I stopped by the one in Leeds, AL on our way home from our out of state college campus visits. It was packed. Of course we are smack dab in the middle of spring break season here. So many breaks were either at the end or beginning depending on where you live. 

4 hours ago, Travisma said:

We visited a Buc-ees when we were in Texas.

Agree with everything previously posted.

The closest thing in the rest of the country would be a Wa Wa, but Buc-ees is about 10 to 20 times larger and sells just about everything under the sun!

It's hard to see from one end of the store to the other.  You will get your daily steps in !

I introduced my daughter Rachel to Wawa on the above college visit tour that I mentioned. One of the colleges she is looking at is Salisbury University in Maryland. It is actually where I got my Bachelors Degree. 

9 hours ago, dblr....Rennie said:

I am hoping to stop in there next Tuesday on my way north for diesel fuel, the ones in Texas have been known not to let setups like ours in their property. We tow with a Kenworth tractor towing a 43' 5th wheel both tagged as a rv, I am thinking as new as it is they might not enforce that yet, they do allow other rv 's but it must be the truck they don't like but we shall see. Wish me luck

Many have posted no MDT or HDT towing a fiver allowed.  My guess would be because of how much fuel you would  put in your tank vs a pick-up.

1 hour ago, DinDavie said:

Not sure I would try with such a large rig.  They have signs up at all the entrances stating no Trucks allowed.  They do have diesel and DEF and I did not see anyone actually enforcing any rules.  I didn't see anyone helping because it is all self serve.

I have  never been in one but watching all the local news the lots look very large and easy to maneuver in I guess the truck thing is what they would argue.

32 minutes ago, Grumpy and Grandma said:

Many have posted no MDT or HDT towing a fiver allowed.  My guess would be because of how much fuel you would  put in your tank vs a pick-up.

I have seen that about when they were only in Texas, not sure why they would complain about how much fuel I would BUY, but after checking Gas Buddy the Racetrack station near them looks to be lowering their price to compete, I bet they will like my money. If I fuel up there because the price is low I will not need to stop again for fuel until I am back home in De. 😃

5 minutes ago, dblr....Rennie said:

I have seen that about when they were only in Texas, not sure why they would complain about how much fuel I would BUY, 

To me it could be a concern about inventory.   50 trucks like yours would cause them to bring in fuel more often, the same as 200+ pick-ups.  

Just thinking out loud....

13 hours ago, Grumpy and Grandma said:

To me it could be a concern about inventory.   50 trucks like yours would cause them to bring in fuel more often, the same as 200+ pick-ups.  

Just thinking out loud....

Good point did not look at it that way but I have a feeling they probably already get a lot of the fuel delivery trucks there. I think they just do not want it looking like a truck stop as some that I have seen looked pretty nasty :cantbelieveit:

I also think it is easier for them to make a blanket statement about large trucks. They let in RV pulling MDT or HDT then someone pulling a similar sized commercial trailer decides if they can use the pump so can I and eventually the employees are having to spend their time policing what is allowed and what isn't. The way they have it is cut and dry and leaves no room for interpretation.

6 minutes ago, keith_h said:

I also think it is easier for them to make a blanket statement about large trucks. They let in RV pulling MDT or HDT then someone pulling a similar sized commercial trailer decides if they can use the pump so can I and eventually the employees are having to spend their time policing what is allowed and what isn't. The way they have it is cut and dry and leaves no room for interpretation.

You mean like how the Fort enforces rules by the book? :ROFLMAO-1:

Ok so I did a drive by today and they had small signs at the entrance saying NO SEMI'S so went to Racetrack instead, diesel was the same price but very tight trying to get fuel, ended up blocking part of the lot but no one came and complained. It would be much easier with all the room at Bucee's to get fuel, hopefully they will realize we are not truckers and would end up leaving lot's of cash for the beaver :ROFLMAO-1:

Well I sent Buccee's a email regarding my situation regarding our tow vehicle to see if maybe they would exempt us and let us use their locations, I hope they do as seeing they are building a lot more locations north and east and will fall into our travels plans. Will let you all know the response.

On 4/5/2021 at 1:56 PM, dblr....Rennie said:

Well I sent Buccee's a email regarding my situation regarding our tow vehicle to see if maybe they would exempt us and let us use their locations, I hope they do as seeing they are building a lot more locations north and east and will fall into our travels plans. Will let you all know the response.

Good luck to you.  I hope they allow you to spend $$$$$ at their stations.  I want the tater chips!

16 hours ago, fladogfan aka Gretchen said:

Good luck to you.  I hope they allow you to spend $$$$$ at their stations.  I want the tater chips!

Thanks Gretchen I do too. Been about 6 days since i contacted them and still no answer. With all the room on their locations just the safety factor for us is a plus, then they are usually cheaper on fuel but after we would get done shopping in their store whatever we saved on diesel would probably be left in their store.:ROFLMAO-1:

On 3/25/2021 at 2:18 PM, momof3kids-Yvonne said:

I introduced my daughter Rachel to Wawa on the above college visit tour that I mentioned. One of the colleges she is looking at is Salisbury University in Maryland. It is actually where I got my Bachelors Degree. 

Huge WaWa fan here in Maryland.  My mom also lives near Salisbury.