Not sure if this has already been addressed. I didn't see it anywhere and it has been a while since I have posted on here. Long story short, kids are missing Disney. Who can blame them? We are heading to the area anyway and I thought, forget it, I am going to go ahead and get some annual passes to be ready for the 50th. Got online and saw that they aren't being sold. I have purposefully stopped following a lot of Disney news because I got so outpriced with annual passes that we always used to keep. I had full intentions all along of getting them again for the 50th and then covid happened. We have stayed at the Fort once during the pandemic without parks. We were just happy to be there. 

My question is--what do you predict for Disney as things become closer to normal again? I predict I will have to make a big decision on the passes if they even return. I think they will go to 2,000 a ticket. I think they will try to keep numbers down by major price inflations. Makes me sad. What are your thoughts/predictions for what is to come?

I personally think one reason they stopped sales is due to the Reservation System for the parks and the various tiers.  AP holder, On Property ticket holder and Off Property Ticket Holder, with the AP reservations filling up regularly, so additional sales weren't needed at the moment.  If they kept selling passes and a large majority couldn't get a Park Reservation there would be all kinds of complaints...  "I have a pass, but I can't use it"..... especially during the peak times. All existing passes can still be renewed, both resident and non resident. 

Just my 2 cents..  

I think the park reservations are going to be here for a long time if not permanently.

I had posted that idea a while ago even before Covid, as a method Disney would use keep the crowds manageable along with yearly price increases.

Lot less expensive then expanding the parks or adding new ones.

WDW has been bursting at the seams for the past few years pre Covid.

They sure have been busting at the seams. I guess if its your once in a lifetime trip then you wouldn't mind it, but it is sure hard if you are a repeat visitor. I am just happy being there usually but my kids are at that age where it is all about the rides. 

I don't completely hate the reservation system but I do see where that could be a complaint if you have a pass and can't use it. We like to be last minute decision makers so that would have to change. I can remember times that we took the kids into the park to just watch the ducks or bunnies for a while and came back to the camper. That is sort of the part I will miss..now it is more like the days when you packed for sun up til sun down. 

It would be awesome if they would offer a deal where you could buy tickets up front for multiple times a year instead of an annual pass. Like for us, it is a 12 hour trip but we are there typically 3-4 times a year. Don't really need an "annual pass" but also don't want to buy multi day tickets 3-4 times a year.  A modified pass like that or seasonal would be great for out of towners and would tie up less possibility of using tickets 365 days a year.

11 minutes ago, Travisma said:

YUP!

Just wait until they go back to the ticket books! :foolish:

We're at the point that we don't do many rides, just walk around and do a few shows.

Would be thrilled to be able to have a cheap admission ticket just to walk around

I'd love to see a return to ticket books or a limited ride pass that was reasonably priced. Like you we spend more time walking around and go on a few of the classic rides before calling it a night.

A family friend who was a CM that was laid off has been informed she may be called back to work in April.  I think before they open up the parks by increasing the daily reservations they may have to open more of the restaurant and show options to absorb more of the crowd.  I also think that the local vaccination rate is being closely monitored and when the new infection rate shows a steady decline we may have even more opportunities to go back.  I noticed that even with the reduced capacity the parks still seem crowded because there is less things for people to do.  I'll be happy when the trams start again and the fireworks come back.

39 minutes ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

I'm seeing a number of CMs on FB reporting in just the last week or 2 that they're getting called back.

Also heard that they are booking Special Events again for the  remainder of the year.

My predictions are that much of the plexiglass will not go away.  I hope they loose the plastic barriers in the monorail when the A/C's cant work properly.  The cast members in the shows may be the last ones back but they will be back.  There is a lot of stimulus checks out there burning holes in peoples bank accounts and new RV's waiting to be taken to the Fort.  I bet it will be difficult to get in for at least a year, even in September.  Life will be wonderful again when Trails End opens.

On 4/2/2021 at 5:42 PM, fladogfan aka Gretchen said:

A friend who 'helped' Tigger got a call back for a job of loading rides.  Not what she is trained to do.

Yeah that is also the thing I'm seeing in some of the people being called back - they're being called back for jobs other than what they were doing before.

One person claimed that Disney called them 4 times.  

20 minutes ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

Yeah that is also the thing I'm seeing in some of the people being called back - they're being called back for jobs other than what they were doing before.

One person claimed that Disney called them 4 times.  

Better than no job.....Their original position may not need to be filled at the moment.   Gretchen mentioned "asst to Tigger", well Tigger isn't out meeting guests so that position doesn't need to be filled. 

52 minutes ago, Grumpy and Grandma said:

Better than no job.....Their original position may not need to be filled at the moment.   Gretchen mentioned "asst to Tigger", well Tigger isn't out meeting guests so that position doesn't need to be filled. 

They can always use more stroller wranglers/hiders! :lol:

3 hours ago, Grumpy and Grandma said:

Fair point. And they may be calling people back in a particular order as jobs open up (seniority, availability, etc.) - i.e., not necessarily who had the job last but who is at the front of the line to call.

5 hours ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

Fair point. And they may be calling people back in a particular order as jobs open up (seniority, availability, etc.) - i.e., not necessarily who had the job last but who is at the front of the line to call.

This is what is happening.  They are also moving people who are currently back at work all over the place.  

18 minutes ago, djsamuel said:

This is what is happening.  They are also moving people who are currently back at work all over the place.  

Sorry, but I have no sympathy for the prima donnas who say "NO" because they aren't getting their "OLD" job back.  Many years ago I changed jobs and took a cut in pay because cuts were coming.  Best thing I ever did....the new position opened up a great opportunity and I never looked back..

13 hours ago, Grumpy and Grandma said:

Sorry, but I have no sympathy for the prima donnas who say "NO" because they aren't getting their "OLD" job back.  Many years ago I changed jobs and took a cut in pay because cuts were coming.  Best thing I ever did....the new position opened up a great opportunity and I never looked back..

So the old saying is true, when one door closes another opens!!! :bravo:

16 hours ago, djsamuel said:

Not surprising. That's a LOT of people to sort out and get in place all at once, and I'm guessing that's a bigger priority that what it will take to retrain a bunch of them in new positions.

On 4/5/2021 at 8:17 AM, Grumpy and Grandma said:

And my friend is lucky, she is in a position to wait for the job she loves to be available.