Do we have to leave?

Hi, we are back sadly! We had a reservation starting on Saturday the 15th. Are plans changed at the last min. I called on the Thursday before to see if we could get in Friday for a extra day. Was told was full and keep trying and keep checking the website. Nothing ever should up not a big deal we made it work.

Saturday late morning got are site number I think it was 2029, we wanted the 1500 loop. I called and put in a site change and waited for a call back. We arrived around 2pm and went to look at that site. It was ok close to the bathhouse but right up against the road. We then went over to look at the 1500 loop. There was a family just setting up and looked to be about 7 open spaces. We then went up to the office and I asked about switching and that I put in a request. A guy who looked a little official was wearing a suit helped me. He looked at his computer and told me nothing was available. I told him about the empty sites and, about someone just setting up. He told me that they would be shutting the loop down halfway into are stay for maintenance. They were going to be putting in better lines for cable and internet and, maybe that family was going to be gone by then. I left and we went back to the assigned site. 

We just  backed in the camper just where we wanted it when my phone rings. It was about my site change request. My husband already stared to unhitch. I put up my hand for him to stop. They wanted to know where we wanted to switch. I did not say that I was just told no I wanted to see if what she would say. She was very happy to help me asked if there was a site number I wanted. I said we would take anything and yes would hold. By now my husband just wanted to get set up and relax and just forget it. I understood I did also but something told me to wait. 10 min later she came back on apologized for the wait and said computers were running slow and, here was are new site number 1508.

We hitched back up and went to find are new site. The whole time setting up I kept waiting for the call that we would have to move there was a mistake. Nothing happened. Now I'm thinking maybe we will have to move mid-week or they would work around us would we have the loop to are selves for a few days.

We changed into are swimsuits and went up to the pool. It was packed! We did not go in but sat on chairs and relaxed. The hot tub did open up for a bit and I was alone in it for 15 min.  Showered had dinner rode are bikes around watched the boat parade and went back for bed. There was a family playing music ,talking and,  singing  but was all quiet by 10.30. 

After a restful night sleep we are up early for AK. We grab a quick breakfast a couple of drinks and we are off. 

I'm not sure if today is the first day with no mask while walking around or if it was the day before. It was a little strange not wearing one walking around.

My son got stopped for a security check and my husband and I had fun teasing him about this. We pretty much walked right in. It was great with no bag search!

The crowds were very low today we rode everything somethings twice. We even watch the bird show but, no lion king I had heard that the monkeys have not been back and that is are favorite part. My son went back to the fort a little early and my husband I walked the trails it was very relaxing. The park closed at 7 and we stayed till the end. The place really emptied out around 5 it was so nice.

We ended up getting a pizza from Flippers for dinner and taking it back to the fort. The group that was a little loud the night before was gone and no one new was in the loop. 

We watched a couple episodes of the office and went to bed.

I’m in  and thanks for taking the time to write this report  

We must have just missed each other. We arrived at WDW on the 21st and are heading home today. 
 I loved not having to wear a mask outside and being able to walk around with a snack or drink and not being yelled at about my mask down. 

Taking the time to just walk the trails at AK is something I keep telling myself I need to do. It seems like I am always rushing off to do something else in the park or hopping over to another park. This past January when I didn’t do any park hopping (day at MK and day at Epcot) I think I began to understand why people might choose not to park hop. The slowing down opened my eyes to so much. 
Looking forward to seeing where you are headed next. 

Thanks for reading! I always enjoy reading about how other peoples trips go.

We never park hop I just feel it takes up so much time leaving . It was so nice walking the trails you really should do it.

We left the 23rd probably drove by your site while biking. I forgot to mention that when we arrived there was a site with 7 small tents on it. They left Sunday morning.

We did see the ground sprayed with numbers and stuff and a lot of those little flags around it in the loop.

Today is Monday we are headed over to HS or MGM. Up early for the 7am boarding pass no luck. We left a little later than I wanted but we are not morning people so for us it was good. The park was open till 8 tonight.

No issues getting in I secretly wanted my son to get flagged again so we could tease him but, all was good.

I had wanted to ride slinky dog first since we have not seen Toy story land yet. The wait time said 80 min. We will wait. We head over to rock n roll coaster. The line looks really long wait time said 45 min. We get in line it moved pretty fast just my son and I on this one. It takes about 40 min. We then head over to the Lighting Mcqueen show. Just my husband and I do this my son waits outside for us. This was new to us it was cute and some little boys in the audience seemed really excited. Tower is a 85 min wait when we get off no thanks! We walk around do a few things get some much needed Joffrey's. Today seems like we are doing a lot of walking back and forth. My husband wants to ride the new railway ride. I keep telling him to wait till close. At one we try for a boarding pass success my son gets in we have a 5:30 call back time. We had planned to eat counter service in the park today. We can't find anything we want for dinner.  We head over to Toy story land and ride Toy story we all love this ride my son was the winner. We watch the Mickey short it was cute! And walk around some more for some reason we just could not get a plan here. We ride a few more things. The park seemed crowded today lot's of spots with groups of people. We head back in Toy story around 2 and do the rest of Toy story land Slinky dog says 75 min. We just do it I don't think it's going to get much shorter. It ends up being 55 min. This is a very fun ride we all love it. We do some more walking around and sitting on benches trying to come up with a plan. We then walk over to the Star wars area which we then find out we could of just walked in through Toy story land instead of walking all the way around. Fail on my part for not knowing this. We are not Star wars fans and no very little about it. The area is really done up great! Lot's to look at we are impressed. We get the call it's time to board. We head over get are bands scanned and get in line. We are in line about 5 min. When we stop moving and we stay stopped. Then we hear the announcement the ride is down. We are in a spot with a wall behind us so at least we have a place to lean. Every so often the announcement comes on. A few people leave. We decide to wait. And we sure did. It was getting cold in here good thing I had a long sleeve shirt with. At about 6:15 my husband says I told you we should of ridden the railway ride. Great if we don't get to ride it I'm never going to hear I told you so. People are eating and drinking in line we keep hearing stop eating and drinking. People are getting restless. 6:30 we start to move a little and then we get stopped again but only for 5 min. After this the line moves fast like real fast we get in the room with the Stormtroopers which is really cool and we are practically running thru here. Not sure if this is normal. People are trying to take photos CM's are yelling keep moving let's go. We finally get to ride it was a very cool ride but I guess we missed the preshow so it was a little confusing as to what was going on. 

We then head over to the railway ride and it is a walk on. We get to ride so I now can say I told you so to my husband. By now the park is close to closing we head out.

Now for dinner we are starving so we just go to Moe's it's fast and good. We eat there and head back to the fort. Time for bed we have another big day tomorrow.

Let's hope we can get it together.

m

I thought we missed a bunch. My son's friend kept asking him about all this stuff he had no clue what he was taking about.

I thought maybe because it down so late in the day that they had to rush to get everyone in before closing? 

Something to look forward to next time and, now we know you can cut thru Toy story. I would of thought that would be blocked off to help keep up the illusion.

It seems a little weird that one min your supposed to be the size of a toy and take a few steps and now your in sorry don't know is there a name for the city your in?

Maybe a little more transition space just a thought.  

24 minutes ago, Robin said:

I thought we missed a bunch. My son's friend kept asking him about all this stuff he had no clue what he was taking about.

I thought maybe because it down so late in the day that they had to rush to get everyone in before closing? 

Something to look forward to next time and, now we know you can cut thru Toy story. I would of thought that would be blocked off to help keep up the illusion.

It seems a little weird that one min your supposed to be the size of a toy and take a few steps and now your in sorry don't know is there a name for the city your in?

You were visiting the Black Spire Outpost on the planet of Batuu.  I think they were too lazy to figure out how to explain how you arrived on another planet at the edge of another galaxy simply by walking down a path. 

My daughters disagree with me that they are intentionally bypassing the elaborate pre-show scenes on Rise of the Resistance to increase capacity.  But whatever the reason, it’s bad show to rush guests into a giant room full of stormtroopers with no explanation of where you are or how you got there.  It ruins the ride. The fact that this is still frequently happening is just more evidence of how greedy and lazy Disney management has become. 

TCD

22 hours ago, Robin said:

Wow, I'm going to have to watch out for that.  I want to experience the entire story of RoR.  I may have to figure out how to gripe if they try rushing us through the beginning when I'm there in December. 

After a very quiet night sleep we are off to Mk. The family one spot over was packing up to leave.  We had a fast cold breakfast got ready and hopped on are bikes.

We are taking the boat in. We get down there and we are the only ones it's about 8:20. I read the sign to make sure that they are still running the boats. We walk down to the end of the pier. I ask my husband to check the time on park opening. He tells me it was at 8. I thought it was 9 it's opened till 9 I guess I got it mixed up. After a few min another group shows up they have the site right across from us. We then see a boat coming in the distance. The boat arrives I hear the 2 boat captains talking as they are docking the boat about wearing masks. The one captain says I don't care if they wear a mask or not it's outside. The other guy says sometimes I am it depends. Ok whatever we board maskless and, sit outside. In what seems like no time at all we arrive. I always love taking the boat over it's so relaxing.

We make it in with no problems I'm really loving the no bag search. We make a plan today no wondering around . We head down main street and find that we hate the color of the castle! I hope after the 50th they bring it back. Park seems busy but ,not to bad. What is the first thing we ride? Hint it is not the jungle cruise that has a 75 min wait. Why?

3 hours ago, ThemeParkCommando said:

Wow, I'm going to have to watch out for that.  I want to experience the entire story of RoR.  I may have to figure out how to gripe if they try rushing us through the beginning when I'm there in December. 

If you don't stand while riding in a ship at the beginning (before walking past the Storm Troopers) then you missed the beginning.  There is also a pre-show where Rey appears and speaks.

Oh I 100% agree about taking the boat over to MK. It is so relaxing. A couple summers ago I went on a trip with my girls. We stayed at ASM. We had to take the boat over to the Fort from MK just because I missed it so much. Oh we got some dinner while we were over there because my daughter absolutely loves getting chicken at the Fort. 

The first ride of the day is Pirates. Then Big thunder and Haunted mansion all three had a 20 min wait. We then board the Liberty Bell. While waiting to leave we see are first cavalcade. After a nice trip around and, lot's of waving we exit and plan to ride a raft over to Tom's island but it is not running. I then run into the Horseshoe restaurant to get some water while in there I have the nicest Cm help me out. After a quick break we see that the rafts are now running.

We have not been over to Tom Sawyer Island in a long time my son really doesn't remember it. Let me tell you how nice it is to have some room on those rafts. We explore the island for about a hour and head back out. It was a nice break away from the crowds. Next we head into Fantasyland and, ride Perter pan, It's a small world, Pooh and, we watch Mickey's PhillarMagic.

My son decides he wants a waffle and chicken sandwich. We had seen someone with it and they say it it's good. We head over and order at the window. While waiting we see another cavalcade. He enjoys his sandwich and the chips it comes with. We decide now is to the time to ride Splash. It's later in the day but not to late that you can still dry quickly. The line is a little bit shorter than what it was earlier.

Wait time is posted 60 min. It starts to sprinkle while we are in line but only lasts a few min. This might be the last time we ride it as Splash so we really wanted to make sure we ride it. It takes about 45 min not to bad. I'm short my son is tall I make sure he sit's in front of me. He get's the very front and get's pretty wet. I really only get a little wet. My plan worked! Big thunder only has a 15 min wait we all love this ride and take another trip on the wildest ride in the wilderness.

Now is the time of the day when we usually would head over to the Ice Cream Parlor and get a nice treat. Sadly it was not open. We look forward to this every trip. Now is it the best ice cream I have ever had? No but, it is something we have done since my son was little. They did have some ice cream available by Cosmic Rays but we decided to skip it.

My son and I get in line for Space Mountain my husband doesn't like this ride it's to rough for him he takes a pass. Wait time is posted 35 min. Soon after we are in line it starts to grow and wait time is posted 45 min. While we are doing this my husband mobile orders us some burgers and fries. We end up waiting the 35 min. This ride is rough but, I still like it. We find my husband eat and decide what's next. it's starting to get late we have to pick and choose.

We decide on Buzz again I find a really nice Cm while waiting in line and we chat for a few min. The final outcome was I was the biggest looser. We head over to the newly opened PeopleMover in which we wait longer than we did for Buzz.

We have time for one more ride. What will the last ride be?

The last ride of the night is going to be Mine Train. We make are way over and wait the 35 min posted time. After this we are done. We make are way out we walk thru the castle. We take are time and really look around. We decide to not leave the park just yet. There is a mob of people walking out and a huge line to get in the shops.  We decide to take a bench down a side street by the glass shop. It is so quite here there is only 2 other people. This is the first time that I heard the singing lessons going on in one of the upstairs windows. After a bit I wander in the glass shop and look around. We sit down here for about a half hour. We then make a stop in the Town Hall I want to fill out a card about the great service I got earlier. There is a small wait I don't mind. After this I can't delay any longer we head out.

We find the boats and wait. We wait about 15 min when a boat pulls up for us. This time the captain tells us if we are using Disney transportation we need to wear are mask. We find a seat only to be moved 3 times trying to get everyone on. The captain was nice about it and we had a good time teasing him about it. 

We get back to are site and find out we have new neighbors. The family that was packing up when we left is gone and someone new is in there spot. Ok so when are they closing the loop?

Tomorrow we get to sleep in no park. What will we do? 

4 minutes ago, Robin said:

The last ride of the night is going to be Mine Train. We make are way over and wait the 35 min posted time. After this we are done. We make are way out we walk thru the castle. We take are time and really look around. We decide to not leave the park just yet. There is a mob of people walking out and a huge line to get in the shops.  We decide to take a bench down a side street by the glass shop. It is so quite here there is only 2 other people. This is the first time that I heard the singing lessons going on in one of the upstairs windows. After a bit I wander in the glass shop and look around. We sit down here for about a half hour. We then make a stop in the Town Hall I want to fill out a card about the great service I got earlier. There is a small wait I don't mind. After this I can't delay any longer we head out.

We find the boats and wait. We wait about 15 min when a boat pulls up for us. This time the captain tells us if we are using Disney transportation we need to wear are mask. We find a seat only to be moved 3 times trying to get everyone on. The captain was nice about it and we had a good time teasing him about it. 

We get back to are site and find out we have new neighbors. The family that was packing up when we left is gone and someone new is in there spot. Ok so when are they closing the loop?

Tomorrow we get to sleep in no park. What will we do? 

Pool day is my guess?

No pool day. Today we are headed out. We are going to Honeymoon Island state park. We make a big breakfast and do a couple of loads of laundry first.

This was somewhere we have never been. It looked really nice online and, we thought we would give it a try. Once we arrive I ask about the ferry boat over to Caladesi Island. This was also a reason we decided to go here. We thought it would be neat to take the ferry and do some exploring at another Island. Was told by the ranger that no boat today because of the riptide. We did get a map and head in. There was some construction going on so, not all the beaches were open. We found a parking lot that was opened with restrooms changed and made are way down the path to the beach. The sun was so bright off the sand I could not see. I sent my son back to the van to get a hat for me. The beach was pretty crowded but, not to bad. We did a little bit of swimming the water was a little cold. We walked down the beach for a bit and, decided to see what else was there. We changed and found the nature center. There was a really nice Ranger that talked to us about the Island for a bit. We walked a small trail and looked around and, called it a day.

What's for dinner?

Dinner what to do? Do we run to the store and make something, eat out or, get takeout? We are getting hungry we decide to go some where and sit on the patio and enjoy the nice night. I had heard somewhere that Millers Ale House was good. I called and asked if they had outdoor seating was told yes. We arrive my husband parks the van we have a big 12 passenger van so parking can be a bit tricky. I run in and ask the young employee at the front to be seated outside. He points and says if you find a table take it. Ok not off to a great start. I head in the direction that was so nicely pointed out to me. To find a open air bar not really the outdoor seating I was thinking. I see my husband and son and grab them. We did manage to find a table and we wait. It was very loud inside and lot's of people smoking. Finally a waiter comes over with some menus and takes are drink order. After a day at the beach in the sun we just want ice water. He does not seem very happy about that. He leaves we decide what we want and wait. While waiting we decide we should just get it to go. The music is so loud we have to shout at each other to be heard. We just wanted a quiet dinner outside. After waiting close to 15 min he arrives back with are water. We place a to go order with him. My son wants to look in those tacky gift shops for souvenirs for his friends. We leave my husband to wait for the food. The food is done really quick we rush my son and head back to the fort. 

Now this is more like it a nice quiet table outside. We eat are dinner it was good not great. I do not think we will be going back. After dinner we watch a little TV and go to bed. Another no park tomorrow what will we do?