Do we have to leave?

We slept in today it is so peaceful here. The site next to us and across from us are packing up. We made another big breakfast this is what I love about camping no waiting in a crowded place and made just the way I like it. As we are getting are stuff ready for the comfort station to get ready for the day there is a little boy from the site at the beginning of loop riding his bike into are site. I would guess maybe 4 years old. He starts talking to us and rides with us has we head down. He tells us that he has to go home today. We say we are sorry and did he have fun? He says he did and it was ok that he was leaving he gets to play with all the new toys he got. He was super cute and it reminds me that will be us soon backing up to leave. Side note they did not leave till around noon.

When we get back my husband and I go for a bike ride while my son relaxes. We love riding around seeing all the cute decorations and all the different campers. We ride for about a hour and head back. We then decide to go mini golfing. In the past we have gone to winter and summer that is not open. I call Fantasia for a reservation and was told we don't need one. We head on out and find it with no problems. Now getting in is a little tricky has there is construction going on around it. We figure it out and put are names in. There is 2 other groups waiting before us. We wait about 10 min not to bad we don't mind waiting it's nice to just sit and look around. We have a great time here I was a little nervous we would not like it has much as winter summer but, we do. My husband was the big winner but, not by much.

We head back to the Fort and decide to play shuffle board. While getting are stuff I put are names down for the Tye Dye shirts. My son decides he doesn't want to make one. We ask about renting a canoe and was told they are not renting them today because of wildlife in the area. Not sure what that means she said they check it every morning and come back tomorrow. This was a little disappointing to my son he really wanted to do this. Maybe they should have a sign up? We head to the court and a family asks us where they can get the stuff to play. They arrive back and we give them a quick explanation on how to play this is their first time. After a couple of games this time I end up the winner! My son heads back to the camper it's time for us to make the shirts. We have done this once about 4 years ago. It is much more organized this time. We are spaced out at tables and ,told we have to wear a mask. I tell the CM running it how much better this is from last time. She says they finally listen to her that she has been telling them for years how they need to change it. The shirts already have the rubber bands on them. The dye is all lined up nice and neat. We get a little talk with some tips on how to make them and we start. We have a lot of fun making these and it seems pretty popular people keep coming in and out. After this we head back to the camper and decide the big question what's for dinner? 

We left off with the dinner question. Before we get to that I forgot to mention on the way to play shuffle board we stopped at the horse barn. Just as we got in it started to rain. It was nice to look around. This was are first time seeing the new barn. They did a great job! Just has we are getting ready to leave the rain stopped.

Now back to dinner. We had planned to grill out tonight but, that changed when my son heard that there was a Fuddruckers still open. Are local one closed down for good last year. This is a place he always enjoyed going. We gave in and that's where we went. It was not busy at all. We placed are order and found a table outside. The table next to us was full of garbage and not just from the restaurant. It was there the whole time. No employee ever game out to check the tables. The food was good but, we missed the toppings bar. You had to order what you wanted not the same. After dinner my son and I did a little exploring. I had heard this shopping center was going to be closing this year for a new road that will be going thru. A few of the restaurants never reopened after the covid shut down. It was interesting to see all the stuff that was left and how much damage some of these places had. We head back to the Fort.

My son had a friend down the same time. They picked him up at the front of the Fort. What do we do? Well bike ride of course. We bike around for a bit and end playing bad joke bingo with another family. This was a lot of fun even if we did not win. Now it is time for dessert we head over to  P&J takeout and we each got strawberry shortcake. We have been to the Hoop Dee Doo a few times and it is the best strawberry shortcake I have ever had. I was so happy to see it here I can not even tell you. We found 2 rockers empty and I have to say this was one of the best moments of the trip. We just enjoyed the night and people watching having a super yummy dessert.

We head back to the camper and relaxed for a while. My son made it back and we went to bed. This was a great day!

Park day tomorrow but, we can sleep in and no rushing around.  

• 2 weeks later...

Today we are going to Epcot or has my keychain from 1984 says Epcot center. This park had a 11: 00 opening. That means we get to make a nice breakfast and have a relaxing morning. The few sites around us seem to be packing up. That leaves 3 of us in the loop. After breakfast my husband and I get back on the bikes and head out. I'm curious to see the 2000 loop. It looks a little less than half full and are original site is occupied. We head back get ready and head out. We arrive about 10:30 and get a pretty decent parking spot. We make it in with no problems. We had planned to hit test track first but it was down. We head over to Soarin and it has a hour wait, we decide to wait.  It was so strange to be waiting outside and back stage. We did end up waiting about 50 min. We have waited longer for this so not to bad. When we get off wait time now says 35 min. Test track has reopened. We hit the land I love this ride and a few years back we did the tour. We head out and do Nemo we take are time and walk around the aquarium. We check out some of the gardens and watch some kind of crane hunt a lizard and swallow it whole. Now that was bonus entertainment. 

We head over to test track this is a family favorite. We wait about 40 min not to bad. We did miss the design your car part and the hands on things at the end. We did take some time and look at the new models of cars and trucks. We head over to the Epcot Experience and proceed to get yelled at by a Cm for taking off are mask for a photo in the spot where you are supposed to take a photo. I explained while we were still in the display that we just took a photo and was about to put them back on. Was told mask need to be on at all times inside even for a photo. There was no line ,no one waiting and, no one close to us eating. We put on are mask and looked around for a bit. We did not find it very exciting. We left and headed for the countries.

First up was Mexico the line looked really long I will only wait no more than 15 min for this ride. We passed and made are way over to Frozen. The line started in China we did wait for this. We have only been on this once before so didn't mind waiting the 45 min. It was again strange to be lined up behind the back stage area. After this we walked in the little building with  all the Norway history. We walked over to Italy and looked around and reminisced about the awful flag show they had once. For some reason we missed Germany. My husband got a treat in America and we checked out the Ratatouille area. We will hit Japan later. I have to ask why the restrooms are so small. I see long lines once this attraction is open. 

We make are out thru the Gateway and ride the skyliner. My husband and I have rode this before but, a first for my son. We loved having this all to ourselves. We get off at the Riviera and look around for a bit. This resort is very beautiful but, we will stick with the Fort. We get back on the skyliner and back into Epcot.

We find a nice person to take a family photo of us. Starting to get hungry my son always eats in China at the counter service so, we go there. We order I decide to eat here also. There was no line we order and get are food and we eat inside in the main restaurant it is only open for seating. On the way out  the line is now long  we got lucky here. We decide to walk around China a little and see Reflections of China. It has been a really long time since we have seen this.

Time to find food for my husband. We end up at the Honey booth he gets a few things there and says everything is really good. We decide to call it a day and make are way out. We take a few photos in front of the new fountain and walk out. 

Back at the Fort we find we now have a few more sites full. There is a big group now behind us and they seem loud. My son and I want to sit in the hot tub and relax for a bit. My husband is still hungry so, he will make a snack and meet us down there. We find the pool and hot tub packed! We find a few chairs and wait and wait. There is a sign that says basically not to hog the hot tub ya that is not happening. These people are here to party. My husband joins us and I send him to get some more strawberry shortcake. Maybe by some small chance the hot tub will free up. He gets back and of course it does not free up. We have are shortcake it is so good! We put are feet in the pool for a bit and throw in the towel. We waited like a hour I give up. We watch some T.V and call it a night. Are peace and quiet is a thing of the past. 

After getting to sleep later than I wanted it was time to get up. The family behind us decided that 10:00 was not to late to start dinner I heard the whole process loud and clear. Who wants corn who needs a drink etc. We have a repeat day just like yesterday breakfast, bike ride, Epcot. We arrive almost the exact same time and park in almost the exact spot. Today we hit up Test track first. We really missed the design your own car and, the hands on at the end. We make are way into the countries and skip over to America. There is a little time before the next show so, we look around the little art shop. Soon we are seated and enjoying the show. We have not seen this since 2014 so it was time. After we take some photos and watch the train for a bit in Germany. We walk over to the United Kingdom. My husband and I enjoy walking around the tea garden. My son is bored by this he finds a bench and waits for us. We peek in some windows and walk over to Canada. We watch some of the show on the stage and watch the movie. We have not seen the new movie yet so something new to us. We are Shitt's Creek fans so we kept thinking about the characters from the show.  My husband got a treat here he said it was good.  

Next I think we did the butterfly garden and got some free applesauce. You read right free! Not just a sample a whole pouch for each of us. We then walk into the showplace. My husband gets something to eat I believe it was the slider at the favorites both and really liked it. We look at the garden display and hit the restrooms before leaving. I have to saw now this is a bathroom! 

We take are trip with are Imagination it was a walk on. Back in 2005 on New Years Eve I think we waited well over a hour maybe closer to two never again, live and learn. We then take a break by watching the film festival. These are always so cute. After we take some photos by the walls and, back track into the counties.

We now stop in Japan my son gets something to eat we walk around the shop we miss watching the pick a pearl. He is still hungry as I am also we make are way back to China and have a repeat meal from yesterday. Can't skip on tradition right? After dinner we buy a Mickey spinner that I saw the day before and really wanted. It is now hanging up in my backyard and I just love it!

We walk over to Mexico and walk into the orchid garden it is beautiful. It's tucked away and easy to miss walking by. We see the line for the Fiesta tour is 20 min so we jump into line. I tell my husband that there is now cardboard cutouts of the Caballeros but, wait there the little guys are in all their glory. That was nice to see they must of just arrived back.

Mission space is something I can take or leave. I could never do orange only green. My husband can't do either side my son will ride the baby side with me. We wait 5 min and we are on. We take are time and walk around looking at the flowers and I get a snack. 

We save Spaceship Earth for last and enjoy the trip. Again we miss the end of the attraction things. We stop to take some more photos on the way out. I was really dragging my feet as this was are last full day. 

We do not even attempt the pool tonight. We start to get things organized for packing up tomorrow. There some noise behind us loud but, not to bad. We did get new neighbors while we were gone but it's quiet by them. Are last night how time flies!

How time flies when having fun! I can't believe it's time to pack up. We made a hodge podge breakfast from what we had left over from the week. I talked my husband into a quick ride up on are bikes one last time to meadows. We did a little shopping bought a few things and did one last look around. It was now time to head back and start tearing things down. While opening up the back doors on the van we noticed that someone had hit the van and put a dent in it. Not sure when that happened we had not opened those doors all week. What a way to end the trip. We packed up and took one last photo one last look around and pulled out right at 11:00. On are way out of the loop I noticed that everyone that came Friday was now also gone. Not sure where the guy that told me the loop was closing half way through are stay got his info but, that never happened. I'm so glad that I asked someone else about switching sites.

I got a little emotional when leaving. It has been 4 years since we had been there has a family and, not sure when the next time will be. We have one child and he is now a adult with his own things going on. 

We are gone but, not ready to go home. My son wanted to do a little shopping at the outlets. My husband and I just enjoyed the sun and nice weather and just walked around outside. We stopped got gas made a last trip to publix and got some things to eat on the road. 

We always stop at Lanes in Georgia from some fresh peaches and get a little treat. This was not going to work this time it would be closed when we would get there. Instead we found a little place sorry I can not remember the name. The place was busy so, we thought it had to be good. We bought some peaches to take home with us and, got a treat. It was good they had some really good ice cream and, we are from Wisconsin we know ice cream. 

We also did one last stop at Buc-ee's. We filled up the gas tank and my son got a few snacks for the road. We are driving straight home and this will keep him going.

We made it home with no problems in the late morning. We did drive by a bad accident that looked like it happened not long before we got there. A little earlier that could of been us a little later we would of been stuck.

We had a nice time! Longest wait time was 55 not counting the break down at Hollywood. We had really nice weather we could not complain. We did miss the stuff that was closed. We did enjoy the  cavalcades I think almost as much as a parade.  It was great to be back at the Fort again and Disney World!

Thanks for the great report.  Your family is at that age where it is so bittersweet going home.  You never no when you will be back.  For many years I had the next trip booked before we left which made leaving easier  Now I wait to take my grandkids (as soon as I get some 😎)