• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
17 hours ago, Robin said:

Just back and we loved Creekside! I would recommend it.

Glad you liked Creekside, where we stay has started to upgrade their sites which will probably means also upgrade their cost. We did check out the Margaritaville campground and also The Ridge Outdoor Resort and for the cost between the two The Ridge gets our vote if we wanted something different. Riveredge RV Resort and Cabins is a smaller privately family-owned place since the 70's so we tend to favor that for us.

• 3 months later...

Just FYI... we have stayed at several campgrounds around the Pigeon Forge area. Here's where we've stayed:

Up the Creek - all full hook up, quiet area in Wears Valley but no amenities (no bathhouse, etc), further away but not too far a drive from Dollywood. We've stayed here several times in the past.

Riverslanding - Basic, had a pool, but near a go kart track and is fairly noisy.

Jellystone - Mostly basic, the cheap sites are REALLY tight if you have a big camper. Some of the amenities like the jump pillow are dilapidated and out of commission. This is the closest to Dollywood though

Elkmont Campground in the national park - a bit of a drive, but nice, no hookups at all

Cades Cove in the national park - even more of a drive, but nice. No hookups at all

Pine Mountain - Has a pool, pretty nice centrally located on the other side of the main drag, easy to get in and out of. I don't know if they still do this, but when we stayed there they would allow you to use the indoor pool/spa at the hotel across the street. Course that was in the cool months when their pool was closed so maybe that's why? It's been a while since we stayed there so check before you go.

If you can avoid having to travel the main drag as much as possible on 441, the better. Teaster Ln between Veterans Blvd and 321 are your friends for avoiding some of the traffic on the main drag.

Oh, and if I had small children to entertain, I think KOA is your best bet... we have not stayed there but they have a ton of stuff to keep kiddies occupied. Nice playground, an adorable small lazy river, a jump pillow, etc. A bit more pricey as you might expect with the amenities and a little noisier so if you don't have a hard sided travel trailer it might be kind of noisy.