What happened to the customer service at WDW?

Has anyone else noticed the decline in customer service when you call WDW?

First of all the cast members answering the phones don’t seem to be as knowledgeable, nor are they as friendly as they used to be.

Second of all, have you tried calling Disney World lately?  I’ve had to call them several times and on more than one occasion, including today, I’m getting busy signals. If I don’t get a busy signal there is a 2 to 3 hour holder  time.

Thirdly is anyone else having trouble with the park reservation system? Mainly us annual passholders  

i’ve been having issues with trying to get park reservations. We have two upcoming trips and both of them are split stays.  
meaning we will be staying at bonnet creek and at a Disney property both times. I already have park reservations four the days I will be at Bonnie Creek but when I try to make them for the days will be staying at Pop Century it says I have exceeded my limit. So I have to call Disney explain to them that I’m using three days With my annual pass and staying off property and I’m using for days on property. The park reservation system doesn’t seem to be set up very well.

2 hours ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

Has anyone else noticed the decline in customer service when you call WDW?

First of all the cast members answering the phones don’t seem to be as knowledgeable, nor are they as friendly as they used to be.

Second of all, have you tried calling Disney World lately?  I’ve had to call them several times and on more than one occasion, including today, I’m getting busy signals. If I don’t get a busy signal there is a 2 to 3 hour holder  time.

Thirdly is anyone else having trouble with the park reservation system? Mainly us annual passholders  

i’ve been having issues with trying to get park reservations. We have two upcoming trips and both of them are split stays.  
meaning we will be staying at bonnet creek and at a Disney property both times. I already have park reservations four the days I will be at Bonnie Creek but when I try to make them for the days will be staying at Pop Century it says I have exceeded my limit. So I have to call Disney explain to them that I’m using three days With my annual pass and staying off property and I’m using for days on property. The park reservation system doesn’t seem to be set up very well.

Just a note on today. It was the worst possible day you could have called. They opened the Boo Bash tickets today a week early for onsite guests but it had to be called in. 

1 minute ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

Just a note on today. It was the worst possible day you could have called. They opened the Boo Bash tickets today a week early for onsite guests but it had to be called in. 

It wasn’t just today. 
it’s happened a lot lately.  
I had trouble getting through while planning our May trip.

I had issues during our May trip and i tried to call with busy signals and 100+ minute wait times. 

I tried calling last week and weekend and had to wait for ever. 

tried yesterday and couldn’t get through. 

And now that I think about it it’s not just Disney that seems to have fires all of their operators. 
I called American Airlines twice times last week and both times had an 4+ hour wait. 
I called Friday at 7:30pm and left my number to be called back in 4 hours. They finally called back at 3:04am. 

30 minutes ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

It wasn’t just today. 
it’s happened a lot lately.  
I had trouble getting through while planning our May trip.

I had issues during our May trip and i tried to call with busy signals and 100+ minute wait times. 

I tried calling last week and weekend and had to wait for ever. 

tried yesterday and couldn’t get through. 

Cant speak for other days. I just know today was a horrible shit show because of 5 million people needing to call in. 

I will say they had reduced the call center numbers greatly and have been hiring and training in mass to get number back up. 

7 minutes ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

Cant speak for other days. I just know today was a horrible shit show because of 5 million people needing to call in. 

I will say they had reduced the call center numbers greatly and have been hiring and training in mass to get number back up. 

That would explain the crappy customer service and the extremely long hold times. 

It's not just customer service, it's employee service as well. I never got what I was supposed to get such as tickets, discount coupons and vouchers before our spring visit. We went down anyway and when I got to Epcot I went to Guest Services to at least get myself and two guests into the park. I did but it was a mess. The status of my file still has to be straightend out before my next visit. But I never did receive what I had requested over the phone. Turns out the CM on the phone was working from his home and didn't have access to what he needed to help me. I'll try again after things hopfully get back to normal.

3 hours ago, Lou... said:

It's not just customer service, it's employee service as well. I never got what I was supposed to get such as tickets, discount coupons and vouchers before our spring visit. We went down anyway and when I got to Epcot I went to Guest Services to at least get myself and two guests into the park. I did but it was a mess. The status of my file still has to be straightend out before my next visit. But I never did receive what I had requested over the phone. Turns out the CM on the phone was working from his home and didn't have access to what he needed to help me. I'll try again after things hopfully get back to normal.

Lou,  Be sure to get an account on the Okta site to gain access to your comp tickets.  Also, you need to send an email to get the snack coupons.  

Information on Okta HERE.

Celebration Dining and Snacks Info HERE

5 hours ago, Lou... said:

Did you see what djsamuel posted?

Those snack coupons expire in September, I know you probably won’t be back to WDW before then. 
but you could mail them to me. I’ll pay for the postage. Lol. 

14 hours ago, djsamuel said:

Lou,  Be sure to get an account on the Okta site to gain access to your comp tickets.  Also, you need to send an email to get the snack coupons.  

They had changed the main entrance passes and never sent me the new cards so the old cards were useless when I got to WDW. I contacted them after I got back and I have them now. I haven't bothered to check where I stand on my comp tickets yet.

I submitted the snack coupon request twice and got nothing. I actually wanted the dining coupons more because we were having dinner with Dave and Linda, aka Grumpy and Grandma. It wasn't a big deal because I got the 40% regular CM discount instead of the 50% Celebration discount.

12 hours ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

Those snack coupons expire in September, I know you probably won’t be back to WDW before then. 

but you could mail them to me. I’ll pay for the postage. Lol. 

I'll try requesting again. We won't be back until maybe in Dec so you can have them if I get them.