“Disney Very Merriest After Hours” Coming to Magic Kingdom

FROM WDW News:

A new holiday event is coming to Magic Kingdom in November, as a replacement for Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party. “Disney Very Merriest After Hours” will debut on November 8 and take place select nights through December 21.

https://wdwnt.com/2021/07/breaking-disney-very-merriest-after-hours-coming-to-magic-kingdom-this-holiday-season/

1 hour ago, Robin said:

3am wow you must be a night owl? I wonder if they will ever be open those hours again.

Yep.  I can count the number of rope drops I've seen on one hand, and often we don't get to the parks until noon.  But we also pick our park of the day based on what's open the latest.  I think I've only ever ridden Peter Pan after midnight (I refuse to wait an hour and don't generally waste a FP on it.)  lol

I'd love for those late hours to return - after midnight almost everything was a walk on and the parks were so cool at night when they weren't crowded - but short of paid events like this, I doubt that will happen.

59 minutes ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

Yep.  I can count the number of rope drops I've seen on one hand, and often we don't get to the parks until noon.  But we also pick our park of the day based on what's open the latest.  I think I've only ever ridden Peter Pan after midnight (I refuse to wait an hour and don't generally waste a FP on it.)  lol

I'd love for those late hours to return - after midnight almost everything was a walk on and the parks were so cool at night when they weren't crowded - but short of paid events like this, I doubt that will happen.

We are in the same boat. Rene and I would would pick our parks by late night extra hours.  We would usually go around 10 - 11  AM take a ride or two,  eat lunch then head back to our site. Then depending upon our dinner plans we would head back to the park around 6 - 7 PM for dinner and stay until the park extra hours were over. It is the reduction of the late night EMH perk that has had the biggest effect on us cutting back on trips.

14 hours ago, keith_h said:

We are in the same boat. Rene and I would would pick our parks by late night extra hours.  We would usually go around 10 - 11  AM take a ride or two,  eat lunch then head back to our site. Then depending upon our dinner plans we would head back to the park around 6 - 7 PM for dinner and stay until the park extra hours were over. It is the reduction of the late night EMH perk that has had the biggest effect on us cutting back on trips.

We usually hang around the site, have a late breakfast/early lunch (ok, it's brunch LOL), and do "dog things" until around noon-ish - make sure all the canines are fed and  played with (i.e. good and tired). Then we head into the parks. Regular (unpaid) P.M. EMH essentially going away is a bummer for us. Especially since we try to go during slower times, which means when park hours are shorter.  Disney Springs has filled that gap a bit, as it's a good place to just poke around and you can grab a drink and usually find good live music to hang out and listen to, but it's not the same as walking through an almost empty MK at 2am and being one of the last ones on a boat back to the Fort. 

All that said, we'd most likely be all in for this party in part for the later hours.