Disney Genie and Disney Genie+ information. Coming this fall

I am ready to embrace the Genie+, but I'm sure there will be the usual bandwidth frustrations of trying to get on the Disney wi-fi.  I intend to turn wi-fi search off and just use my data, and hope that the coverage is good.  Virtual queue's make me happy, when done right.  Being able to wander around and enjoy other activities when I would have been stuck waiting in a line is great.  And for this trip, I will happily pay for RotR passes, but I am lucky because I only have 3 in my party (hopefully).  I don't see paying for any other premium ride.

I am sad to see the free fast passes going away, but pretty much expected it.  People are odd about buying front of the line passes.  They buy them all the time here at SeaWorld San Antonio, for $35 per person or more, and there are no lines to cut!  I think the longest line I've seen is 15 minutes since the pandemic hit, and that was at the newly opened Texas Stingray. 

For online ordering, I play the 'tech savvy old fart' who is wondering why the app is so limited and why didn't they program in the ability to adjust a food item or make substitutions, and then they will hear from me if they ignore my comment section, which is the only way to make those substitutions. 

What is going to hit me hardest is paying for parking.  I don't like using Disney transport or Uber, I'd rather rent a car. We'll see how this trip goes, I guess.  It may be my last 'on property' stay, if some of the perks don't come back. 

44 minutes ago, ThemeParkCommando said:

I am ready to embrace the Genie+, but I'm sure there will be the usual bandwidth frustrations of trying to get on the Disney wi-fi. ...Being able to wander around and enjoy other activities when I would have been stuck waiting in a line is great.  And for this trip, I will happily pay for RotR passes... I don't see paying for any other premium ride.

I am sad to see the free fast passes going away, but pretty much expected it.  

All this ^

Especially that last bit.  UO and other big parks have had paid FOTL passes for years now.  I'm surprised it's taken Disney this long.

• 2 years later...