Maybe Universal... and the Fort at halloween.

We have a trip planned for halloween and into the month of November.   I know that last year, the Fort tried to say no to trick or treating, but that families said yes.  I'm hoping this year, that the golf cart parade will be back.  Does anyone have any info on this?  

Also, for the first time in my life... we are considering Universal park tickets instead of Disney.  Crazy for me to even say that, but I'm sick of where our country is at with the fear mongering and ridiculous policies that present little (if any) in regards to "health".  Universal does not require you to cover your face.  You may, if you'd like to of course, but they are not requiring you to do so.   It's all so exhausting.  Anyway, that may be where we are at.

As for the Fort and halloween... does anyone have any information?

Thanks, Fiends. 

2 hours ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

We have a trip planned for halloween and into the month of November.   I know that last year, the Fort tried to say no to trick or treating, but that families said yes.  I'm hoping this year, that the golf cart parade will be back.  Does anyone have any info on this?  

Also, for the first time in my life... we are considering Universal park tickets instead of Disney.  Crazy for me to even say that, but I'm sick of where our country is at with the fear mongering and ridiculous policies that present little (if any) in regards to "health".  Universal does not require you to cover your face.  You may, if you'd like to of course, but they are not requiring you to do so.   It's all so exhausting.  Anyway, that may be where we are at.

As for the Fort and halloween... does anyone have any information?

Thanks, Fiends. 

As far as I know they havent released any information yet that I have seen anywhere. We probably wont know more until the beginning of October at least. The cart parade was back for the 4th I believe so I suspect that will be back. Also (disclaimer this is just my opinion not information) since they are handing out candy at the After Hours event I suspect they will allow it again for Halloween. Even if they don't I expect people will still set up tables with bowls for candy similar to the ones that did it anyway last year. Again all opinion and my thoughts. 

8 minutes ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

As far as I know they havent released any information yet that I have seen anywhere. We probably wont know more until the beginning of October at least. The cart parade was back for the 4th I believe so I suspect that will be back. Also (disclaimer this is just my opinion not information) since they are handing out candy at the After Hours event I suspect they will allow it again for Halloween. Even if they don't I expect people will still set up tables with bowls for candy similar to the ones that did it anyway last year. Again all opinion and my thoughts. 

Thank you.  Yes, I know... seems like everything can change at a moment, which is what's so hard.  Mom and dad are still trying to decide if they want to come down.  Mom's health is so rough, but she desperately wants another memory at Disney (or to give the kids another memory).   They would want to do a park for a day or two, but there is very little her body can handle (ride wise) and I was watching some videos on the DAS I think it's called?  This would be the first time we've even considered that at WDW (mom has always said no, to any sort of assistance because she always said there were people in worse pain than she or people that couldn't walk and she still could... but now we're at the point that this has all changed :().... but it looks like it's more of a disability "fast pass" (not sure how to word it), where you can only sign up for one ride and then (once you've waited sitting somewhere rather than in line), you come back and they put you on... then you can try for another ride?  I'm not sure.  Don't even know if there are only a few rides that this even applies to.  I have no idea.  Her back was on its last straw about 2 years ago, before the rona, and they did a day at Disneyland with my aunt and uncle.  She only rode a few rides, but they didn't have to do anything special, a CM simply pointed them to the designated ramp/line and they were able to walk on with maybe a 5 minute wait... which is such a blessing when you live in pain.  This is why I desperately wish Disney would bring back ride tickets. 

• 3 months later...