The Wave becomes Steakhouse 71

From Disney Parks Blog...

First Look: Menus for Steakhouse 71, Opening Soon at Disney’s Contemporary Resort

Karen McClintock

by Karen McClintock, Food & Beverage Content Relations Manager, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts

Steakhouse 71, located on the first floor of Disney’s Contemporary Resort, will open its doors on Oct. 1 for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and we are excited to give our Disney Parks Blog readers the first look at all the menus!

The chefs created a terrific dinner menu with all the hallmarks of a family-friendly steakhouse, and offerings at breakfast and lunch are unique and delicious. They even give a nod to Walt Disney with contemporary spins on some of his favorite foods.

And kids get to be creative with their meals for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. They can choose an entrée, select two sides, and a drink from a menu that includes oatmeal with dried cranberries and Mickey-shaped waffles for breakfast and PBJ wings and cheeseburgers for lunch and dinner. They can even create their own ice cream sundae!

Our talented mixologists and sommeliers have crafted fabulous alcoholic and nonalcoholic libations offered in the Steakhouse 71 Lounge or to enjoy while you are dining.

Check out all the new menus – guaranteed to make you hungry!

Rendering of the new Steakhouse 71, Opening Soon at Disney’s Contemporary Resort
Rendering of the new Steakhouse 71, Opening Soon at Disney’s Contemporary Resort

Steakhouse 71, which gets its name from the year the resort opened, has a sleek yet comfortable décor with fun design elements from the ‘70s and hints of our Florida heritage with subtle sightings of the beloved Orange Bird and citrus groves.

Start your Disney day with a delicious breakfast at Steakhouse 71. The breakfast menu offers everything from Fresh-baked Pastries and Avocado Toast to Walt’s Prime Rib Hash and Eggs Benedict! Enjoy a variety of wake-up sips like the Steakhouse Bloody Mary and the Bourbon Cold Brew (Joffrey’s Coffee Cold Brew, bourbon, maple, vanilla bean cream), as well as espresso, cappuccino, latte, freshly brewed coffee, assorted teas, and juices.

Steakhouse-71-Breakfast-Menu.jpg
Breakfast items from Steakhouse 71, Opening Soon at Disney’s Contemporary Resort

Love a tasty lunch as I do? Take a lunch break and relax at Steakhouse 71. Check out this fantastic lunch menu – the Wedge Salad and Steakhouse 71 Stack Burger are calling my name!

Steakhouse-71-Lunch-Menu.jpg
Dinner items from Steakhouse 71, Opening Soon at Disney’s Contemporary Resort

Now, THIS is a steakhouse menu! Customize your steak entrée with a choice of a side and yummy sauce. Craving something other than a steak? Steakhouse 71 has delicious fish, chicken, and plant-based offerings as well.

Steakhouse-71-Dinner-Menu.jpg
Steakhouse 71 Chocolate Cake

One of my favorite desserts is the Steakhouse 71 Chocolate Cake. It is 15 layers of whiskey-infused chocolate cake, chocolate mousse, and raspberries – one layer for every floor at Disney’s Contemporary Resort.

Steakhouse-71-Dessert-menu.jpg
Steakhouse 71 Chicken Wings

Before dining (or any time), relax, sip, and nosh in the retro Steakhouse 71 Lounge with comfortable seating at the large rectangular bar.

Steakhouse-71-Lounge-Menu.jpg
Drinks from Steakhouse 71

The mixologists and sommeliers have created unique and refreshing concoctions to enjoy in the Steakhouse 71 Lounge or while you are dining.

Citrus groves surrounding the resort when first being built were the inspiration for two refreshing cocktails. The Citrus Grove Cocktail (Italian bitter, green herbal liqueur, citrus juices, simple syrup, and orange bitters) evokes the scents of fresh oranges and citrus groves. And the Steakhouse 71 Vodka Gimlet (vodka, green herbal liqueur, herbal blend, lime juice, simple syrup, and Minute Maid Premium Lemonade) is a fresh and herbaceous cocktail inspired by the Florida wetlands. The “Lily” pad garnish is in honor of Lillian Disney.

While you enjoy the subtle ‘70s vibe of the restaurant, relax with a popular drink from that decade – the Tequila Sunrise! Our mixologists gave their Tequila Sunrise a modern twist with tequila, tropical juices, rosemary simple syrup, and house-made grenadine. A “sharable” Tequila Sunrise is available for lunch and dinner, serving 2-4 guests.

Steakhouse 71 proudly offers a selection of “Disney Family of Wines,” a diverse collection of wines with a personal connection to the Disney name. The wineries display qualities long identified with Walt Disney and The Walt Disney Company – passion, innovation, and quality.

Reservations for Steakhouse 71 are available beginning Sept. 16. To make reservations, visit the Walt Disney World Resort website

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2021/09/first-look-menus-for-steakhouse-71-opening-soon-at-disneys-contemporary-resort/?CMP=SOC-DPFY21Q4wo0909210071A&fbclid=IwAR3chWJW--RDc81OsAI7ziImW1__Higy9-hoR-geCDP4j6UyBVuO79xFvWE

5 minutes ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

I believe this is the what The Wave has been being remodeled to. Notice it mentions this is on the first floor. They also announced the Wave was reopening as  Steakhouse 71 a week or so ago. 

Oops, thanks Jason!  You're right of course.  That'll teach me to think I can multitask. 😎

Title fixed.  

12 hours ago, DaveInTN said:

Looks like another moderately priced dining option is out, replaced by $$$$.  But honestly not surprising.  The Wave always seemed to have tables available.  And this will fill up, and the average check will probably be 3x what the Wave was bringing in.  

Exactly. They can’t miss with this location. I had to laugh when I saw that the cowards didn’t post the prices with the menu. It doesn’t matter, guests will be lined up to drop $60 for an 8 oz sirloin and $100+ for a fatty filet. Disney always wins. 

TCD

12 hours ago, DaveInTN said:

The Wave always seemed to have tables available.

It's been one of our "go to's" when we wanted something "out" but didn't want to venture too far (and don't have any ADRs, which we rarely book super far in advance). We usually snagged a couple of seats at the bar, and there was always room.  I was never really sure why it always seemed pretty empty.  We always found the food to be good and not outrageously overpriced.

I'll be curious to see where prices land.  We don't do steak out much at WDW - partly because we can get good steak at home, and also because the WDW steak markup is bonkers - but we do like  place with a range of good apps and a few decent entrees.  Especially if you can get there by boat.  

10 minutes ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

but we do like  place with a range of good apps and a few decent entrees.  Especially if you can get there by boat.  

Yes this ^^
And this Buffalo raised guy is always willing to check out the wing offerings on a menu. I’m intrigued by PB&J wings.  Looking forward to a first hand account of those.  Since I’ll likely never have them, one of y’all will need to report back on them.  

1 hour ago, DaveInTN said:

Yes this ^^
And this Buffalo raised guy is always willing to check out the wing offerings on a menu. I’m intrigued by PB&J wings.  Looking forward to a first hand account of those.  Since I’ll likely never have them, one of y’all will need to report back on them.  

Thanks for the idea- I’ll go and try those wings whenever this place opens. I’ve never heard of PB&J wings, and there’s probably a good reason for that. 

TCD

1 hour ago, DaveInTN said:

always willing to check out the wing offerings on a menu. I’m intrigued by PB&J wings.

Not raised in Buffalo, but still always up for wings and interested to hear what these are like too.

TCD - you are likely to try them way before I do, so I'll be curious to hear what you think.

I can definitely get into the peanut sauce part (big fan of peanut sauce on just about anything and usually make/keep some on hand), but I'm not really sure where the "jelly" is going to fit. 😎

21 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Thanks for the idea- I’ll go and try those wings whenever this place opens. I’ve never heard of PB&J wings, and there’s probably a good reason for that. 

TCD

My biggest issue with these wings will likely be the price...which will probably be in excess of $2/wing.  At that price it's a shame if the reaction is meh. 

18 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

I loved it when it was the arcade and quick serve restaurant for the Contemporary. I am glad that I got to enjoy that with the TCD girls when they were kids. 

TCD

That was my favorite arcade on property!!

12 minutes ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

I retract my statement.  Those prices aren’t at the level I expected.  I’m going to see if Door Dash delivers to TN.   

58 minutes ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

Slow down there a minute. 

I don’t see the PB&J Chicken Wings on the menu?

What’s up with that?

TCD

22 minutes ago, DaveInTN said:

Scroll down to Steakhouse 71 Lounge here and it’s mentioned.  

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/contemporary-resort/steakhouse-71/

"Enjoy drinks inspired by the history of the area, including cocktails that evoke scents of citrus groves, and so much more."

Hmm... I wonder if this means they'll have unique cocktails instead of just the usual WDW standard bar menu?

25 minutes ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

"Enjoy drinks inspired by the history of the area, including cocktails that evoke scents of citrus groves, and so much more."

Hmm... I wonder if this means they'll have unique cocktails instead of just the usual WDW standard bar menu?

Wasn't that area more "cattle pasture and swamps" than citrus groves?  Not sure that's a solid basis for a drink menu, though.