1 hour ago, Travisma said:

Has anyone gotten the call/email from Disney about leaving the Fort on 10/29, 30, and 31 and going to Port Orleans Riverside, then going back to the Fort to finish their stay?

Seen the reports in various groups but no calls yet for any of my clients or myself. 

Is it optional or mandatory? If it is optional it sounds like Disney is trying to milk a few more dollars for those sites over Halloween or maybe a group wants to spend big bucks and have social space. It might also be they are trying to control the big displays to minimize guest activity and unapproved trick or treating by asking those folks to leave for those few days. Doesn't sound like there is much information as to what is actually said in the calls or emails.

1 hour ago, keith_h said:

Is it optional or mandatory? If it is optional it sounds like Disney is trying to milk a few more dollars for those sites over Halloween or maybe a group wants to spend big bucks and have social space. It might also be they are trying to control the big displays to minimize guest activity and unapproved trick or treating by asking those folks to leave for those few days. Doesn't sound like there is much information as to what is actually said in the calls or emails.

Optional unless enough dont take them up on the offer. I have heard the system had some kind go glitch that allowed the overbooking to happen. Another version is they are trying to spread people a bit more and may not have enough people to maintain the Fort but I don't believe that one as much. 

But they are moving people to Riverside for the three nights. Covering parking and pet fees, Comping 3 nights for future use, and they can still come to the Fort for Halloween and the festivities. 

That was all taken from someone that posted in a facebook group just a little while ago who called on their own and took the offer. 

16 minutes ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

Optional unless enough dont take them up on the offer. I have heard the system had some kind go glitch that allowed the overbooking to happen. Another version is they are trying to spread people a bit more and may not have enough people to maintain the Fort but I don't believe that one as much. 

But they are moving people to Riverside for the three nights. Covering parking and pet fees, Comping 3 nights for future use, and they can still come to the Fort for Halloween and the festivities. 

That was all taken from someone that posted in a facebook group just a little while ago who called on their own and took the offer. 

Saw this one.  What was her name....Nancy, I think.  She was on a fb page and told me/others that Disney had overbooked, that they were not going in any particular order (for example, those who booked last month are being called before those who booked last year) and that they would either do this until the numbers balanced or there was a chance when guests arrived, that there would not be a spot for them.  Insane.

No one has called us (I imagine you would be the one calling me...?).  We have crazy pup Simon and a rig, so not as easy for Disney to entice as (for example) a family in a tent with no pets. 

15 minutes ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

Saw this one.  What was her name....Nancy, I think.  She was on a fb page and told me/others that Disney had overbooked, that they were not going in any particular order (for example, those who booked last month are being called before those who booked last year) and that they would either do this until the numbers balanced or there was a chance when guests arrived, that there would not be a spot for them.  Insane.

No one has called us (I imagine you would be the one calling me...?).  We have crazy pup Simon and a rig, so not as easy for Disney to entice as (for example) a family in a tent with no pets. 

As far as I know they would reach out to me but I havent had any yet. They have moved people with pets who were willing as Riverside is Dog friendly. 

46 minutes ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

As far as I know they would reach out to me but I havent had any yet. They have moved people with pets who were willing as Riverside is Dog friendly. 

Gotcha.  Simon in a hotel... haha, that's funny :lol:   Dog's cute, but he's crazy. 

8 hours ago, Travisma said:

Has anyone gotten the call/email from Disney about leaving the Fort on 10/29, 30, and 31 and going to Port Orleans Riverside, then going back to the Fort to finish their stay?

Word "floating around" was they oversold 200 sites due to a computer glitch...   

Of course I would never believe that DIS would have computer issues...:ROFLMAO-1:

One person from the Forest River Forum board got this call and seeing they had a large group camping she declined as one room would not work so they offered her 2 rooms which she still declined. Later they called again and she said that  a Tree House at Saratoga Springs would work for them and Disney agreed and gave them one. Now where they will park the camper I do not know as I do know there is not room at the Tree House.

It sounds like a decent package. I'd seriously consider it if we were planning to be at the Fort over those dates.

15 hours ago, Grumpy and Grandma said:

Word "floating around" was they oversold 200 sites due to a computer glitch...   

Of course I would never believe that DIS would have computer issues...:ROFLMAO-1:

You have no faith in Disney's crack IT team?

39 minutes ago, dblr....Rennie said:

Now where they will park the camper I do not know as I do know there is not room at the Tree House.

Maybe they'll let them park at the Fort like they do for folks who go on cruises then go to the Fort upon return.

1 hour ago, dblr....Rennie said:

One person from the Forest River Forum board got this call and seeing they had a large group camping she declined as one room would not work so they offered her 2 rooms which she still declined. Later they called again and she said that  a Tree House at Saratoga Springs would work for them and Disney agreed and gave them one. Now where they will park the camper I do not know as I do know there is not room at the Tree House.

They have been known to use the lot at PO for other resort guests to park their RV.