These features include a personalized itinerary creator that effortlessly and smartly maps out an entire day inspired by the things you tell us you love

I guess they don't want those of us that don't like to micromanage their day or to be micromanaged when visiting the parks. 

On 10/11/2021 at 11:25 AM, keith_h said:

I guess they don't want those of us that don't like to micromanage their day or to be micromanaged when visiting the parks. 

The claims they are making about how this app will help guests are ridiculous. It’s bad enough that they are price gouging again, but what makes it worse is that the damn app will be just as glitchy as all of their other app iterations. The DCL app is a piece of crap. The MDE app crashed at the MK for most of the day on the big 50th anniversary day on October 1.  And they expect us to believe that this new app will somehow plan a perfect day for guests? No way. 

TCD

14 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

The claims they are making about how this app will help guests are ridiculous. It’s bad enough that they are price gouging again, but what makes it worse is that the damn app will be just as glitchy as all of their other app iterations. The DCL app is a piece of crap. The MDE app crashed at the MK for most of the day on the big 50th anniversary day on October 1.  And they expect us to believe that this new app will somehow plan a perfect day for guests? No way. 

TCD

TCD, tell us how you really feel!  😄

14 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

TCD

I'm thinking the app will work wonders for those guests who have never been to the parks, and never thought once about planning their day ahead of time.  They will find it so helpful to be able to see posted wait times, and purchase the plus package to 'cut in front'.  Those folks will feel special and find it magical.  For those of us who plan the day and read up on average waits at each ride, understand what RD means and zag when others zig, it won't be nearly as helpful.

Heck, down here in San Antonio, I see people shelling out their money to get the Quick Queue option ( $20 per person/day), when it is not necessary except for maybe 2 of the rides, and even then those rides standby waits are less than 20 minutes most days.  

People are willing to pay for what they perceive as convenience. 

1 hour ago, ThemeParkCommando said:

I'm thinking the app will work wonders for those guests who have never been to the parks, and never thought once about planning their day ahead of time.  They will find it so helpful to be able to see posted wait times, and purchase the plus package to 'cut in front'.  Those folks will feel special and find it magical.  For those of us who plan the day and read up on average waits at each ride, understand what RD means and zag when others zig, it won't be nearly as helpful.

Heck, down here in San Antonio, I see people shelling out their money to get the Quick Queue option ( $20 per person/day), when it is not necessary except for maybe 2 of the rides, and even then those rides standby waits are less than 20 minutes most days.  

People are willing to pay for what they perceive as convenience. 

The only people this app will help are Disney executives and shareholders. 

ETA- and travel agents.  I forgot them.  They will make nice commissions selling Genie+ to their guests  

TCD

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/13/2021 at 10:23 AM, Tri-Circle-D said:

The only people this app will help are Disney executives and shareholders. 

ETA- and travel agents.  I forgot them.  They will make nice commissions selling Genie+ to their guests  

TCD

Honestly, it’s not a lot of $ for agents, but it is a LOT of time explaining it. It’s super confusing to people who aren’t Disney regulars.