Arriving a day early in 2021

Hello.  I will be traveling to Fort Wilderness a day earlier than planned.  I called the desk and they are sold out.  I have done this before and they got me into a spot without issue, but it seems like we're in a different world lately with Covid and now add the 50th anniversary and nothing makes sense anymore.  My question is, if I get there and they truly can't get me into a spot for the night, what is the best option nearby the fort that I can go to and spend the night without notice?  I'm thinking more like Cracker Barrel or Cabella's than another campground.  

Thanks,

Pat  

22 minutes ago, pconn171 said:

Hello.  I will be traveling to Fort Wilderness a day earlier than planned.  I called the desk and they are sold out.  I have done this before and they got me into a spot without issue, but it seems like we're in a different world lately with Covid and now add the 50th anniversary and nothing makes sense anymore.  My question is, if I get there and they truly can't get me into a spot for the night, what is the best option nearby the fort that I can go to and spend the night without notice?  I'm thinking more like Cracker Barrel or Cabella's than another campground.  

Thanks,

Pat  

The Cracker Barrels nearby really aren't conducive to overnighting.  No Cabella's in the area and the nearest Bass Pro Shop is up on International Drive.  I don' know if I'd want to try that location, and doubt if they'd allow it (although I don't know for sure).  Not sure when you're coming, but a state park like Lake Louisa might have openings in their campground at a reasonable price.  Lake Louisa is in Lake County about a 30 - 40 minute drive from Disney.

21 hours ago, djsamuel said:

The Cracker Barrels nearby really aren't conducive to overnighting.

Is it still the case that there are county ordinances in the area prohibiting overnight parking in the area (like Walmarts and Cracker Barrels)?  I know that's been the case in the past, but it's been a few years since we checked. That pretty much precluded boondocking anywhere close to WDW.

Depending on where you're coming from...
We've done quick overnights at the rest areas along I-95 in the St. Augustine area the night before check-in.  They're generally posted as "no camping" but we've asked police officers parked there and they said "resting/sleeping" is fine, but don't put our your awning and setup your beach chairs.  ;) 

1 hour ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

Is it still the case that there are county ordinances in the area prohibiting overnight parking in the area (like Walmarts and Cracker Barrels)?  I know that's been the case in the past, but it's been a few years since we checked. That pretty much precluded boondocking anywhere close to WDW.

Depending on where you're coming from...
We've done quick overnights at the rest areas along I-95 in the St. Augustine area the night before check-in.  They're generally posted as "no camping" but we've asked police officers parked there and they said "resting/sleeping" is fine, but don't put our your awning and setup your beach chairs.  ;) 

Yes, as far as I know those ordinances are still in place.  You are right; that pretty much stopped the overnighting around here.  It is also prohibited in Lake County.  The last year it was allowed in Lake County, the Walmart on Rt 27 near 192 looked like an RV dealer.  I guess that is what prompted the change.

• 2 weeks later...