Annual pass halt affecting any of your plans?

So has the sudden halt in AP sales affected any of your upcoming trips or overall mindset with Disney?  

We have 4 reservations currently for the fort between January & December 22.  With the AP halt, that has killed at least our January trip. Considering canceling all but next December and maybe putting together another big year in '23.  

They keep making it harder & harder...

Chapek has stated that he doesn’t like APs because they don’t spend enough $$$.  They want fewer people willing to spend a boatload of $$$ during their stay.

I fully understand they are a money making business, but they are going to make it too costly for Joe and Jane Average to afford to go to the parks.

In broad macroeconomic terms, it’s not surprising that there are more people willing to purchase APs, even at increased prices, than Disney wants to sell.  This is no different than many consumer goods that are sold out and unavailable.  Simply speaking there is more cash in the economy than places or things to spend it on.  The government has added historic amounts of liquidity to the markets.  It has driven stock prices up, and we’ve all seen what the housing market has done.  Same with food, cars…and yes, Disney World.  But never fear, a recession will come and these trends will change.  That’s not a political comment, just an economic certainty.  Cycles are what they are.   Someday APs may be reasonably priced and abundant again.  And we’ll all still be complaining we can’t afford them because we’re broke.  😂

On 12/3/2021 at 9:42 PM, Travisma said:

Chapek has stated that he doesn’t like APs because they don’t spend enough $$$.  They want fewer people willing to spend a boatload of $$$ during their stay.

I fully understand they are a money making business, but they are going to make it too costly for Joe and Jane Average to afford to go to the parks.

They "are going to make it too costly"...?  Sadly, I think that happened a while ago.   I think most families either cannot afford the parks or just a 1 or 2 day visit :(

23 hours ago, DaveInTN said:

In broad macroeconomic terms, it’s not surprising that there are more people willing to purchase APs, even at increased prices, than Disney wants to sell.  This is no different than many consumer goods that are sold out and unavailable.  Simply speaking there is more cash in the economy than places or things to spend it on.  The government has added historic amounts of liquidity to the markets.  It has driven stock prices up, and we’ve all seen what the housing market has done.  Same with food, cars…and yes, Disney World.  But never fear, a recession will come and these trends will change.  That’s not a political comment, just an economic certainty.  Cycles are what they are.   Someday APs may be reasonably priced and abundant again.  And we’ll all still be complaining we can’t afford them because we’re broke.  😂

Possibly.  It will be interesting to watch on all fronts.   No question that we seem lined up (very neatly) for a large economic crash.  Time will tell my friend.