Currently at WDW Feb 2022

I just wanted to drop a line about our current trip, we are here in a Treehouse early Feb 2022 and have to say this has been probably the most dis-appointing trip we have ever done (out of at least 20 or more). Crowds have been very high for this time of year, does not help there is a Cheer-Dance competition here this week either. Lines have been extremely long, and we decided against the extra cost for their new fast pass version. If it was not for the very little extra magic half hour, we would have only gotten on a couple attractions or rides, I will say they are trying to fill things up with lesser shows and such but not a lot of options in each park. We are DVC Members and seeing how things are now we would never buy now and if offered decent money would even sell our points.

On 2/12/2022 at 6:23 AM, dblr....Rennie said:

I just wanted to drop a line about our current trip, we are here in a Treehouse early Feb 2022 and have to say this has been probably the most dis-appointing trip we have ever done (out of at least 20 or more). Crowds have been very high for this time of year, does not help there is a Cheer-Dance competition here this week either. Lines have been extremely long, and we decided against the extra cos for their new fast pass version. If it was not for the very little extra magic half hour, we would have only gotten on a couple attractions or rides, I will say they are trying to fill things up with lesser shows and such but not a lot of options in each park. We are DVC Members and seeing how things are now we would never buy now and if offered decent money would even sell our points.

I'm so sorry to hear this.  I've heard that from many...that they are only able to ride a few rides because of the lines.  Taking away the FPs was HUGE for us.  Not only are prices way up, but essentially you're paying a ton of money to stand in long lines :(   

My grandkids are really looking forward to visiting Disney World again.  However, with the state of things, I think they will be disappointed.  We have visited many many times.  They used to live in California and visited Disneyland 45 times in one year.  They are now 10 1/2, 9, 7, and 3 1/2.  Prior to the pandemic, we would stay at The Fort atleast once a year. With the increase costs and lack of magic, I'm not sure when we will visit again.  I would like to visit during the 50th celebration because my parents took us opening year and we have been for the 25th and 40th.  We were in Disneyland for the 60th.  This year we might visit Dollywood.  We keep monitoring everyone's experiences and will make our decision.

One thing we did enjoy at EPCOT, fort the Art Festival the small food booths like at Food & Wine they had one on a walk between the countries and the front, they had one with Grilled cheese & tomato soup for $5.95 for a half sandwich and small soup and it was really good on the chilly day we were there. You could upgrade the sandwich with applewood bacon and different cheese for a little bit more, cheapest lunch EVER at Disney!!!!!

5 hours ago, dblr....Rennie said:

One thing we did enjoy at EPCOT, fort the Art Festival the small food booths like at Food & Wine they had one on a walk between the countries and the front, they had one with Grilled cheese & tomato soup for $5.95 for a half sandwich and small soup and it was really good on the chilly day we were there. You could upgrade the sandwich with applewood bacon and different cheese for a little bit more, cheapest lunch EVER at Disney!!!!!

Someone is going to get fired over that one.  They left off the zero...it was supposed to be $59.50!

On 2/12/2022 at 5:23 AM, dblr....Rennie said:

I just wanted to drop a line about our current trip, we are here in a Treehouse early Feb 2022 and have to say this has been probably the most dis-appointing trip we have ever done (out of at least 20 or more). Crowds have been very high for this time of year, does not help there is a Cheer-Dance competition here this week either. Lines have been extremely long, and we decided against the extra cost for their new fast pass version. If it was not for the very little extra magic half hour, we would have only gotten on a couple attractions or rides, I will say they are trying to fill things up with lesser shows and such but not a lot of options in each park. We are DVC Members and seeing how things are now we would never buy now and if offered decent money would even sell our points.

Couldn't agree more.  We were there in January and it was so disappointing.   It was our first stay at the Fort in almost 5 years and I don't see us coming back again any time soon.  The whole Disney Genie, Genie + and Individual Lighting Lane arrangement is a disaster.  It is expensive beyond belief for a family of 4, and the Disney IT structure keeps stalling or failing completely.  Not to mention that it burns through your phone's battery like lightning.  

We resorted to taking turns getting in standby for the rides we really wanted to do while the others did bathroom breaks and the lesser rides they wanted to.   Took a sandwich and a water bottle and bumped along. 

Like you we are also DVC members and even the so-called "perks" we're supposed to have were non-existent.   

For a supposed 50th Anniversary celebration all Disney wants is the money for high priced, low quality merchandise.   

They have lost the "magic" they had.   

On 2/28/2022 at 4:53 PM, lightbikes said:

Couldn't agree more.  We were there in January and it was so disappointing.   It was our first stay at the Fort in almost 5 years and I don't see us coming back again any time soon.  The whole Disney Genie, Genie + and Individual Lighting Lane arrangement is a disaster.  It is expensive beyond belief for a family of 4, and the Disney IT structure keeps stalling or failing completely.  Not to mention that it burns through your phone's battery like lightning.  

We resorted to taking turns getting in standby for the rides we really wanted to do while the others did bathroom breaks and the lesser rides they wanted to.   Took a sandwich and a water bottle and bumped along. 

Like you we are also DVC members and even the so-called "perks" we're supposed to have were non-existent.   

For a supposed 50th Anniversary celebration all Disney wants is the money for high priced, low quality merchandise.   

They have lost the "magic" they had.   

😔

Seriously...every time I hear this, it makes me sad.

• 2 weeks later...

We are here now at the Ft. Been here since 3/7. We were at Coronado Springs 3/2-3/7. My granddaughter was chosen for Disney Dreamer Academy. It has been ridiculously crowed these past 2 weeks. Even cast members have said they haven’t seen it like this ever. What is going on? And I just saw that graffiti is being engraved initials on Star Wars walls.