Rules Rules Rules where art thou?

We are here at the Ft for our annual anniversary trip. Between the crowds and the rain, we are going into the parks less than usual. I have two questions. First what is going on at the bus depot by pioneer hall. Seems like they are putting a lot of work and the fence what’s it hiding? 
Now what happened to all the rules of the Ft. I guess since you can do online check in, people don’t get the rules. I have never seen so many scooters electric razors not to mention motorcycles?  Please tell me this is a faze 

Right now, NOTHING behind the fence. They WERE going to put in a resort on the grounds of the old River Country. But that project is on indefinite hold, and they are too cheap to make the land safe enough for guests to remove the fencing, so the Fort is stuck with it.

9 hours ago, mouseketab.....Carol said:

Right now, NOTHING behind the fence. They WERE going to put in a resort on the grounds of the old River Country. But that project is on indefinite hold, and they are too cheap to make the land safe enough for guests to remove the fencing, so the Fort is stuck with it.

Thank you for the info. Even though it is a eyesore, I am so happy that the new DVC isn’t going in. The only good thing come out of the pandemic. 

1 hour ago, Duane said:

It looks like they "moved" the resort that was supposed to be behind Pioneer Hall over to the Poly where the Luau show was...

I saw the renderings. It looks so out of place. So disappointed that they closed the luau. It was our anniversary tradition.