Some of you may have remembered the discussions surrounding Simon, our little pup and the struggles we've had with his separation anxiety.  Exhausting, no question.   With that, I've always professed, that I am NOT a dog person.  Do I like dogs?  Sure.  But am I dog person... no way.

So.. here's this busy mama, who is not a dog person, and I am now in the situation of "fostering" three pups.  A mama and two, 12 weeks old puppies.  Monday morning, we're trying to get out the door and my son yells, "there's puppies in the yard!"   I think he's seeing things so, as any good mama would do, I yell back... "it's probably a big squirrel."    Less than 15 minutes later and we have both pups and the mama.  I blasted all the "lost pet" social media sites, hung signs and then called the county that night around 5p.  The animal control officer shows up and... I can't do it.  Can't send them to doggy-jail.  So, I turn him away but not until he suggests taking mama to the vet to see if she's chipped.   Now it's 6:30p on Monday night and I'm in the car with mama, on the way to the vet.  They scan her and yay!  She has a chip!  I'm excited, but the vet tech says, "don't get too excited."    Vet tech was right.  The owner was located. The owner does not want them.   I know have two options:  doggy jail or find them homes.

This is where I am at.  Here is what I posted online:  It's hard to not get attached. Baby boy is the light brown pup. We've named him Micheal. He is a spitfire and a crack-up to watch. Baby girl is the black pup, we've named her Georgia. Georgia Grace. She is all puppy, but she is a shy pup. Such a sweet girl though when you pick her up. Mama... oh sweet mama. I love this pup. Those owners either a) ignored her or b) were not nice to her. She will literally crawl on her belly to come get love from you. We've spent the past 48 hours working with her and she has really started to come out her shell ❤️ She is so, SO sweet. She did fantastic in her crate last night, even waited to go potty until we took her out this morning. She does well with kids and so far just gets excited to see other dogs. They are all, wonderful pups. Mama is 2-3 years old. Pups are 12 weeks.

Having these dogs has been SO much work.  But, on my gosh, they are such good pups.  Baby girl may be going to her forever home tonight and I'm already tearing up because yes... dogs are stupid.  Stupid, exhausting little creatures that take up your time and your money.  It's dumb.  But, my heart hurts, which is ridiculous because I am tired and they both need and deserve good homes.

So, next it's on to baby boy... who I think is the friendlier of the two pups and will be (much) easier to train.  He's the dog that will tear into your flowers but crack you up at the same time.  Hard part is...he's a mama's boy, so it's sad to break them up.  And mama... sweet mama.  If I could handle another dog, this non-dog person would keep her.  She is such a good dog.  She deserves the best home.

Ugh.  I'm not going to cry.

Dogs are stupid. 

Having fostered many dogs over the past 20+ years (and adopted a few besides) I can 100% confirm that dogs are, indeed, stupid... (and will make you cry)

...and also that y'all are completely lovely for taking this little family in and making sure they were well cared for and will land in homes that will appreciate and love their stupidness.  ;)

Good luck with their placements - they are very lucky dogs indeed. 🥰

3 hours ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

Having fostered many dogs over the past 20+ years (and adopted a few besides) I can 100% confirm that dogs are, indeed, stupid... (and will make you cry)

...and also that y'all are completely lovely for taking this little family in and making sure they were well cared for and will land in homes that will appreciate and love their stupidness.  ;)

Good luck with their placements - they are very lucky dogs indeed. 🥰

Thanks, Mo.

Baby girl pup was adopted today and to a wonderful, young couple.  Married 3 years, no kids or other pets.  They both grew up with dogs, she fostered dogs in college, he works FT from HOME, they just bought their first home with a FENCED in back yard.   I'm not sure that I could have asked the Lord for a better fit for this pup.  Miss her cute face, but my heart is full.

Next is baby boy pup and sweet mama dog.  Praying that the Lord would bring them their, furever family ❤️

On 3/17/2022 at 10:03 AM, Duane said:

Lets see some pics!

Wish I could.. but cannot figure out how to attach pics anymore.

Both pups now have wonderful homes.

I need to find homes for mama.  She is AMAZING.  I have pictures and info on FB.  I'll tag you, Duane. 

Nacole suggest you contact Mostly Mutts in Kennesaw.  Please don’t call doggy jail because that really means doggy death row.  We have adopted two dogs and it’s a wonderful organization.  Constantly taking in sic ups and getting them healthy.

and BTW it’s not dogs that are stupid it is dog owners that are stupid

On 3/29/2022 at 6:36 AM, Live4FW said:

Nacole suggest you contact Mostly Mutts in Kennesaw.  Please don’t call doggy jail because that really means doggy death row.  We have adopted two dogs and it’s a wonderful organization.  Constantly taking in sic ups and getting them healthy.

and BTW it’s not dogs that are stupid it is dog owners that are stupid

No, dog's are not stupid... 

I found Dodger a fantastic foster, through the rescue Forgotten Paws Rescue but... our sweet mama keeps getting out, so they are now needing help.  Dodger is a runner.  She is SUCH a sweet, SWEET girl... but she wants to roam.  If you know of anyone in the Atlanta area who would be a good fit, please have them reach out.  She's a love and would make a fantastic addition to someone's family.

https://www.facebook.com/forgottenpaws/