I’m not sure what the reservation system does   I am AP holder so I never have problem getting a reservation. 

But I was at Disneyword over Christmas and again end of Feb   Both times the parks were packed   I thought the reservation system was to be used for crowd control   

serms to me just as crowded as pre covid  

but what do I know 

Yep, the parks are still packed.  But, from listening to the number of complaints about folks NOT being able to get a reservation, they would be even MORE packed on certain days, without them.  

Also, if the parks are that close to reaching capacity on normal days, because of the surge of post covid vacationers, then at least you know BEFORE you get to the park, that you won't be able to go in.  It saves the CM's from having to deal with at least a few disappointed families at the entrance. (of course, now they have to deal with the families that didn't know reservations were required, so it's kind of a wash).  Also, if you have the reservation for a day that fills up, at least you can gird your loins knowing it will be a maximum busy day at the park.

Only comment I have on this and them not being at capacity is they have capped the reservations amount and are still allowing Park Hopping after two. Other than October 1st for a few hours I don't believe there has been another day they have closed the parks to hopping due to capacity. 

3 hours ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

Only comment I have on this and them not being at capacity is they have capped the reservations amount and are still allowing Park Hopping after two. Other than October 1st for a few hours I don't believe there has been another day they have closed the parks to hopping due to capacity. 

Dolly is ok with hopping.  In fact, it’s encouraged.