Cruising to Alaska in October. Yes we know it will be cold.

So this August will be our 25th wedding anniversary. Since I work for the local Catholic school and our school year starts back the first week of August doing something then is not possible. However, we have a nice long fall break the first week in October. So Steve and I are booked on the Norwegian Bliss that week. Thanks to Jason for helping me in getting that booked. 

Our ports include Juneau, Skagway, and Ketchikan. We also have a day cruising through Glacier Bay.

So I have a question. Would it be weird for us to do separate excursions for the Mendenhall Glacier? Steve is more active (better physical condition than me) and I was thinking he might really enjoy an excursion that included a more strenuous hike. 

Not weird at all.  It's very mentally satisfying to accommodate the abilities of each person in a couple, even if that means you experience it separately.  It also gives you great conversation fodder, since you will each have different perspectives.

12 hours ago, keith_h said:

I don't think it would be weird as it offers both of you something you can enjoy.

Thank you for your response. 

11 hours ago, ThemeParkCommando said:

Not weird at all.  It's very mentally satisfying to accommodate the abilities of each person in a couple, even if that means you experience it separately.  It also gives you great conversation fodder, since you will each have different perspectives.

Thank you. That was my thought as well. 

• 4 weeks later...

Don't know how I missed this earlier....

The Mendenhall Glacier is only as physical as you want to make it. Linda and I do it all the time and we are both on scooters.  You can spend a lot of time in the visitor center and Steve can walk the trail to the water fall if he so desires.  No need to do it separately.