Trails End going to "Quick Serve" style. No more table service.

From WDWNT..

Trail’s End Restaurant Ending Table Service, Closing to Become Quick Service in Spring 2023 at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort

https://wdwnt.com/2023/01/trails-end-restaurant-ending-table-service-closing-to-become-quick-service-in-spring-2023-at-disneys-fort-wilderness-resort/

Yes, our daughters alerted us to this first thing this morning.  For all of the years we have been going to the Fort, we have never seen Trail's End not busy, except sometimes for lunch.  I wonder if this is management's attempt to strangle the Fort with the ultimate goal of closing it.  Always suspicious of management's attempts to "improve" the Fort.

We're still not sure when we will be making our next trip to WDW but this eliminates our checkout day meal. We would always pack up, park in the overflow lot and take the bus to TE for brunch before hitting the road. It was also one of the places we would eat at on non-park days. As more things go away it is getting to the point that I am starting to wonder if staying at the Fort is worth the cost anymore. 

We used to say, "who goes to Disney for the food?".  However, the TE buffet was awesome in its own right.  I believe the family skillets were to purposely cause this to happen along with the removal of the resort boats so that the resort traffic would be reduced.  It sickens me quite frankly.

First our exercise trail to Wilderness Lodge, no boats and now this.  I'm hoping to go one last time to record the interior as I'm afraid all the charm will be lost in the reimagining.  I agree that the cost of staying at the Fort might not be worth it once they take away all that made it special.

• 2 weeks later...

We did the Mothers Day Brunch in 2022 at Trails End (we were not staying at the Fort).  We had a great time and the food was good.  But like others have said family style is not a buffet. I have a feeling they are going to turn it into a place like Wilderness Lodges Roaring Fork.  Definitely not a special place.  Getting tired of getting less for more $ everyplace we go, and tons of places are doing it besides Disney.

I remember as a teenager camping at the Fort in the early 70’s. At night they turned the buffet stations into build your own personal pizza. It was so cool. You would go through and build your little pizza pay for it then find a seat and wait for it to cook. There was bear heads hanging on the wall and other decor around. That was over 50 years ago and those are the best memories. Along with the open trams that would go around the loops to drop you off at your site. We would ride them just to avoid the mosquitoes.  Ahh the memories. Miss them. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/28/2023 at 8:07 AM, Grumpy and Grandma said:

From WDWNT..

Trail’s End Restaurant Ending Table Service, Closing to Become Quick Service in Spring 2023 at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort

https://wdwnt.com/2023/01/trails-end-restaurant-ending-table-service-closing-to-become-quick-service-in-spring-2023-at-disneys-fort-wilderness-resort/

I guess Trails End has closed. We are here now and the site says it’s closed. No one in the dining hall. Thank goodness Pand J is opened. 

• 4 months later...
20 hours ago, wendinator said:

Well, the pictures look good but then so did everything on the menu at Howard Johnsons (for those old enough to remember them) :ROFLMAO-1:

Ah yes the Howard Johnson's buttered split top hot dog bun that was grilled. Hated those as a kid but it was that or a hamburger which I liked even less.

I still have a wooden town building set I had as a young child which includes the pieces to build a Howard Johnson's. If that doesn't date me nothing will.

I took a stroll through the settlement Sunday and saw the Bar service window is still there at the tavern (yay) but the picnic tables and rocking chairs are gone. Walking over to the trading post i found the rocking chairs spread out around the checker board and restrooms. Maybe they will make there way back over there?