• 3 weeks later...
On 5/16/2023 at 3:26 PM, Love Ft Wilderness said:

Excuse my ignorance, but isn't this traditionally a slow time for Disney?

I wish I could take advantage of the ghost town at the Fort.  Would love to be there having the place to myself.

Oh don't get wrong, loved every open loop 🤠

• 4 weeks later...

The fact that they still had sites available for the 4th tells you a bunch.  The still had sites available with the whole 2100 loop closed.   When I stayed there last week in the 2000 loop, barely half were occupied.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/5/2023 at 9:43 AM, AuburnJen said:

The fact that they still had sites available for the 4th tells you a bunch.  The still had sites available with the whole 2100 loop closed.   When I stayed there last week in the 2000 loop, barely half were occupied.

We were there June 22 through July 2.  Couldn't believe how many empty sites. 

The campground still has great rates, but the tickets have gotten quite expensive.  If you break it down as a per day price, it's not bad for the tickets for above 8 days.  However, you still have to put out a good chunk of change to purchase them.  I know for my daughter, a family of 6, it's not affordable at this point.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I saw from Santa Settles that there were sites open on Halloween that you could get reservations for!  I know they were going for a good penny too.  It is sad honestly.  I long for the days when I could go for a couple weekends a month again.  I wouldn't even mind the drive now that I am further away.  

I also wish DVC wasn't so freaking full all the time with their reservations.  (off my soapbox now)