Rv Slide Out Topper Awning Replacement Fabric

If anybody out there needs to replace their fabric on their slide out toppers, I thought I would share this info. I have a 2005 Georgie Boy Pursuit 3500DS with dual slides that came with the A&E slide out toppers. The fabric started going bad after just 3 years and was pretty much completely shredded at 4 years. I stopped by McClain's RV, a dealer that shares space with Camping World in South Fort Worth, Texas and had them quote me on installing new fabric. They told me about a $1000. I said no thank you. I called around and got prices ranging from $750 to $900 for OE replacement fabric. I couldn't bring myself to spend that much on stuff that I would have to have replaced again 3 years later. So I started doing some research and found this company: Tough Tops They specialize in slide out topper awning replacement fabric and that's it. It's a really high quality fabric available in different colors. So I emailed them the sizes, they emailed back a PayPal invoice, I confirmed it and sent payment of around $300 for 12' long pieces and 2 weeks later I had new fabric. I had also did some research on how to install these and found several videos on YouTube that really helped plus there was there was some pretty good instructions on the Tough Tops web site. The first slide was pretty hard and I did it wrong the first time and had to take it off and re-do it. That side probably took 2 to 3 hours. But by the time I got to the second one, I was an expert. I had it done in less than 30 minutes. All in all it wasn't too bad and I'm really glad I did it myself (with the help of my wife & oldest son) which saved me at least $600 and now I have fabric that is much thicker & nicer and should last a lot longer.

Here's a pic of the driver side. If you have any questions, let me know.

post-322-0-42444100-1305580162_thumb.jpg

Thats great, I always figure that the guy doing work on something wasn't born knowing how to do something he just has experience from doing it.

It may take me a lot longer to do something but when I am done I saved money and gained some experience, so if it needs doing again or someone else needs it done I can help them out.

With all the information out there on the web you can figure out how to do almost anything short of Nuclear fusion and I bet if you look hard enough thats there too.

• 2 months later...