Best place to rent a camper for use at Disney's Fort Wilderness

After looking at all the RV rental company's that set up the RV for you in Fort Wilderness this seems to be the best. The owner seems to really want to provide good customer service. After talking to him several times we will rent from him when it comes time. http://makecampingeasy.com/

We noticed a TT in the 900 loop last month that looked like a rental.  I think it was the one TCD had posted a picture of.

It had a Lazy Days inventory sticker on the front. While we there we saw it being used by at least 3 different families.  In between it sat empty.

Don't know if this was a rental thru Lazy Days or some other company?

I just rented a 5th wheel RV from www.campatthefort.com  It was a wonderful experience.  My family of 4 (wife and children 12 and 10) stayed at Fort Wilderness in their 32' Forest River Wildcat for 15 consecutive nights.  They provided everything; sheets, towels, dishes, chairs, outside lights, etc.  Even better than that, I booked my travel arangements through Tina, and she printed off detailed sheets that listed the best parks to visit each and every day we were there.  To top it all off, the bed had a memory foam mattress cover on it that made sleeping even better than home!  Overall, a 10 out of 10 experience for me and my family. 

We've rented twice from campatthefort and really enjoyed it.  It definitely adds up, though, if you plan to go more than once.  You have to look at how often you would use a camper, storage fees, maintenance, additional gas to tow, etc. to decide if it is better to rent a camper or  buy one.  It would have been cheaper to stay in a hotel, but only a few can fit a family of five and we really wanted to be at the Fort anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

After looking at all the RV rental company's that set up the RV for you in Fort Wilderness this seems to be the best. The owner seems to really want to provide good customer service. After talking to him several times we will rent from him when it comes time. http://makecampingeasy.com/

Tried to go this site and it is closed.  It has a message on that is requesting the owner to call in.  Is he still in buisness?  Still trying to decide to rent a camper or buy a "larg" tent.

Tried to go this site and it is closed.  It has a message on that is requesting the owner to call in.  Is he still in buisness?  Still trying to decide to rent a camper or buy a "larg" tent.

I'm making some changes today and tomorrow. Sorry for the inconvenience. PM me if you need info asap.

I just talked to an Andrew that owns a small family company that rents out trailers, he has 8 of them of different sizes.  His prices are extremely low.  A 26 foot trailer that sleeps up to 9 rents for as little as $70 a night , depending on the number of nights.  He has bigger and smaller ones too.  Including Hybrids as low as $55 a night.  That seems pretty good from what I have seen.  He does not supply all the bedding and stuff though, so that you would either have to bring or buy.  He can do setup and delivery or you can pick it up near Bradenton, Fl.  He delivers to the Fort frequently, picking up 2 this weekend.  Busy guy. 

His website is http://traveltrailerrent.com/Home.html

I told him about these boards and recommended he join the fun. 

Hope this helps some camper wannabes or those , like me, who are considering renting rather than paying the expected gas prices when we go in June.  It works out cheaper for me when I factor in not having to rent a vehicle when I get here.

Please check with http://makecampingeasy.com/ first. He is a member of this community. His camper includes everything u need. His service is great and he sets them up for you. Even has a golf cart with one.

My brother (Runner) is renting from him for our upcoming trip March 28th - April 1st! We are getting the 5th wheel and the golf cart!

• 2 months later...

I recently rented Donnie's 5th wheel camper (www.makecampingeasy.com) with my husband and our 2 children ages 6 and 7. We stayed in the camper for 10 days and had a great time. Donnie went out of his way to make things as easy for us as possible. He left us with supplies and checked in on us several times during our stay. There really wasn't anything more that he could have done to make our stay better. We were going to rent a golf cart from Disney (about $70 per day) and tent camping but ended up renting Donnie's camper for $100 per night, and the camper rental included a golf cart. So, for $30 more than the cost of renting a Disney golf cart we were able to have the big comfy 5th wheel camper, plus a golf cart. Donnie is reputable and honest. I highly recommend renting his camper.

Seriously, When he says, MakeCampingEasy.com he means it! We arrived during Spring Break to his 5th wheel already set up with the awning out and lights! The golf cart arrived shortly after we got there. Donnie came by and called to check on us during the horrible storms that caused tornados in the surrounding area. He went out of his way to make sure we had a great time. When it was time to check out, we loaded our stuff in the car and left Donnie there to do all the work.

I highly recommend him!

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...