We've eaten at San Angel a few times (4?).  We love the atmosphere!!  The Mexico pavilion is my favorite!

But, as far as the food goes - it's just ok, IMO.  There are many places in the U.S. (for instance, here in south Florida) where the Mexican food is fantastic, obviously because of the amount of people from Mexico that live here!  The food at San Angel just does not seem very authentic. 

But, we will keep going there, because it's a fun place to go, and the food isn't horrible.  lol

But, we will keep going there, because it's a fun place to go, and the food isn't horrible.  lol

This quote should be pinned to the top of the dining review board...as it sums up 85% of the restaurants at Disney.  :banana:

Well said!!  Well said!!

We seldom eat BIG at any of the Disney restaurants.  There are just too many good places to go off Disney property.  Last week I had some awesome "lobster sliders" at Martha's Vineyard at the beach club, though.

We managed a walk up during our last visit and ended up sitting on the rail watching the boats go by. It was every bit as fun as I had hoped, we did miss one of the kids because he didnt want to go to Epcot that day, would have been nice to have everyone together. Yes it was expensive and it was a little crowded but I would go again.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We've eaten there several times. Love the atmosphere, but again, the food is typical Disney fare.

Last time we were there we wound up seated next to a couple who live but two miles from us. Talk about a small world. LOL!

Ok - I'm updating my response!  We ate at San Angel yesterday, and it was wonderful!!  The menu was a little different than the last time we were there.  I started with Guacamole and Chiccherones (sp?).  The guac was very fresh, and had a great flavor.  Then I had the chicken enchiladas - which were very good!  DH had the shredded pork, marinated in pineapple juice, orange juice, and beer.  It came with tiny tortillas to wrap the pork in.  The flavor of the pork was amazing!  One of our friends had the chorizo tacos, which she said were really good too.

The portions were large, the service was great, and this is my new favorite Epcot restaurant now!  :bday:

• 3 weeks later...

I love it there!  The atmostphere is fantastic and it just feels festive!  I've always enjoyed the food - but I'm not terribly picky - plus, after a margarita or two... well...  :heart:

We always have great luck getting seated just by walking up or calling earlier in the day.  No need for ADRs unless you specifically want to eat at a particular time.