RV Dealers you would NOT recommend

Funny you should mention those places.  The first day we went to Fretz RV, we also stopped at Stoltzfus in West Chester and Boat N RV.  We were looking for a gently used Class A, and the Stoltzfus salesman showed a couple of rigs that were downright filthy.  One even had a bag of moldy bread in one of the cabinets.  His attitude was along the lines of "Oh well, we haven't cleaned this one yet."  We were horrified.  I remember thinking that if that was the level of care they gave prior to the sale, what could we expect afterwards? 

At Boat N RV, the salesman was a really nice guy, but he knew jack-diddly-shit about RV's.  Really turned us off.

We ended up buying from Fretz - they were great.

Not a big fan of Sirpillo/Camping World, have been there looking a few times, and they were clueless, and WAY WAY overpriced!  Camping world may be ok for new stinky slinky, or some TP, but don't expect a good deal on a camper!

I found Boat n RV to be high pressure.  They also like to pass off used units as new.  I would never buy from them, and I have a cousin who works for them in SC and told me she could get me an amazing deal if I drove down there.

• 7 months later...

We purchased our 5th wheel from Pocono RV in Wind Gap, PA. At first we were very happy with our purchase. They had exactly what we wanted & at a price we could afford. We would drive the 3 hours to have them service our camper. As soon as the manufacturer warranty was expired, they changed their tune. We had purchased an additional warranty at the initial sale. They billed service as warranty & tried to bill us too. We tried to explain the situation several times. They didn't care. I wrote a very not-so-nice letter & never received a call or letter in regards But, when they have a sale, they still send us a flyer. Definitely, a disappointment.

• 9 months later...

White Horse RV Center - New Jersey... Run away... and stay far away... absolutely horrible service and inept responses. They could never figure out what was wrong with our trailer, I could never figure out if they were outright lying to us or that incompetent. Jayco had to step in and sent me to another dealer who treated us like royalty and fixed the trailer. 5 years of service at the new dealer and on Thursday we pick up our new trailer from Fretz RV, they earned the business and loyalty.

• 1 month later...

Campers Inn In Elkhart Indiana formally Michiana Rv Center. Stay far far away. They a trouble with the Big T. Also they are a Coachmen Dealer. And I don't hesitate to say that the Coachmen Catalina I bought new there was the biggest piece of disappointment I ever owned. Coachmen = Bad Dog

(I was lucky a Hail storm destroyed that TT on the way to the Fort in Jan 2006)

Best unit so far is the KZ spree I own now Totally recommend KZ they stand behind there product. even when there dealers won't

• 3 weeks later...

Camping World Kissimmee, Fl. - Worst customer service and did not have any idea about some basic stuff. Got there to the service area at exactly 6 pm, closing time, after another sales person who didn't know the answer to a question sent us to service, and all he would say is we're closed. I said all I have is a question. He said sorry we're closed. My wife asked how about 2 minutes for good customer service to answer a question and he said tell it to my wife and family. All I can say is WOW! Thumbs down.

• 6 months later...

Cullum and Maxey in Nashville SMB.  When we had our Itasca MH they wouldn't do warranty service on it because we didn't buy it there.  They were rude enough to actually tell me that...that they service their valued customers rather than those that bought elsewhere.  Ever stop to think that I might have been a future customer?  That'll never happen. 

• 2 weeks later...

a bump -  but also need to add..

i don't know if i would totally say to stay away from this place but, make sure you know what you are looking at.

kennedale campers in the dallas, tx area.

we went down to look at a camper-used and in mint condition.  this wasn't "mint".  they knew the folks that traded it in and said they never lived in it.  well-they might not have but there's no doubt the previous ones did.  

all the corners of the furniture were smooshed down-from what?  being sat on constantly..

the cabinets didn't stay open-why?  from being opened and closed all the time.  

the table was re-screwed underneath and it was a hack job.  the cabinet face that the tv was in was obviously put in by the person that fixed the table.  there were other things that were just hack jobs on the camper and i can't remember anymore..

the bedroom closet doors didn't slide right and fell off their track.  the outside of the camper sat in the texas sun and you could see how the paint was all funny looking.  the battery compartment was all corroded-not just the batteries.  the rear camera had so much rtv around it-- looked horrible.  the front cap had stress cracks in it--thinking they hit a large bird.

we weren't lied to-just told it was immaculate and our expectations of immaculate weren't the same as theirs.  

we won't waste our time with these folks again.  but, like i said-know what you are looking at and look at everything when considering purchasing an camper.