No it doesn't. My wife is taking this very hard. Belle was attached to her in a way I never saw before and Belle was her best friend.

I need to keep an eye on Rolo too. Rolo loved Wrigley and sulked around the house without her. Rolo hated all other cats but Wrigley was her buddy. It wasn't until a few weeks ago that Rolo has seemed to have got over her. Rolo also doted on Belle. She would snuggle up to her and give Belle sloppy kisses on the side of her head until it annoyed Belle. Since we got home Rolo was pacing around the house sniffing everywhere and now she is lying in front of Belle's crate.

Sent from my iPhone

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This was Zeus's (4 yr old schnoodle) favorite view of the Fort. He would sit on top of the couch, with his favorite stuffed squirrel under his chin, keeping watch from lot 1616.:)

This is my latest pup, Banzai, a Miniature Australian Shepard at 5 1/2 Months.  We got him in October.  

This is the TCD dog, Rocky. He is the third boxer we have owned, and the only one out of the three who enjoys swimming. I snapped this photo during a recent visit to Honeymoon Island State Park: TCD

Posted Images

Separation, even short term, is tough. Not being able to talk, and explain things to our furry family members, is tough. Our rescue Bandit has a very difficult time whe our son leaves each time for college. Spends a lot of his time in my sons bed waiting for his return.

08ffda5e30abea8145e3600ee97ee2b3.jpg

Having multiple cats/dogs makes their time here with us better. But it's tough when one moves on.

Here is my dog Ellie getting a laser treatment at the vet.  Yes, she is wearing doggles.  She had surgery in early July to have 5 lipomas removed all over and looked like Frankendog with all the shaved spots.  She was in an e-collar for 2 weeks and had to have one of the incisions drained 4 days in a row (followed by the laser treatments.)  At the end of July she swallowed a half corn cob and had to have surgery again!  2 more weeks in the cone of shame and like 20 staples on her stomach.  She is a 9 year old Golden Retriever.  Sometimes she acts like she's a puppy, and other times she is definitely a senior dog.  But she's a great camping dog.

IMG_0567.jpg

Our rescue Bandit has a very difficult time whe our son leaves each time for college. Spends a lot of his time in my sons bed waiting for his return.

Aw... what a sweetheart.

Here is my dog Ellie getting a laser treatment at the vet. 

Love the doggles!  Also love what I'm assuming is the "peanut butter stick of bribery."  LOL

Here's to Ellie staying healthy and out of trouble.  8)

Ok, Wrigley died on 4/16. On 5/22 my step daughter and her fiancé's cat had 3 kittens. A couple of weeks later she said we had to come see the one. I really wasn't in the mood for another cat and was contemplating taking Rascal back to the shelter we got her from 6 years ago since she caused the wounds to Wrigley that ultimately weakened her.

We started to see the kittens once or twice a week and when the kittens mama let them some freedom, the 1 kitten we were told we had to see kept on wondering its way over to us. Every time we would come over the kitten would let out a little screech and waddle over. At the time we couldn't tell If it was male or female. A couple of more weeks go by and more visitations happen and its apparent the kitten had to go home with us. By this time we found out the kitten was a boy. Not really happy about that but it's too late. He picked us. On July 25th my step daughter brought him over.

Here is a pic I took of him the next day:

4421da854cda1883c7a8aed0f8f689a7.jpg

Remember the kitten pic of Wrigley?

08a481f2fad0fed1f13be5087ce41618.jpg

We introduced the kitten to Rascal first. I couldn't bring myself to take her back to the shelter so she lucked out. Well the first thing the kitten did was pounce on Rascal. Good kitty. Immediately after that the kitten went to the litter box, didn't use but covered up Rascal's evidence. Rascal has never covered up her mess in the box. Wrigley would always go to it after Rascal and cover it up. Every time. Now here is this new kitten who has only been in the house for 10 minutes and it just did the exact same thing out of the blue. My step daughter saw it happen as well and the 3 of us were weirded out.

Next came time to introduce the dogs to the kitten. Belle and Minnie did good. They were indifferent. Sushi was next and did good but in the past few weeks sushi has gone after the kitten and won't allow him on the bed or couch if she is on either. We were concerned about Rolo and saved her for last. Remember, Rolo hates Rascal and the other cats we had and others that have been in or around the house. She only liked Wrigley. Immediately Rolo is trying to get at this kitten. We are thinking by the way Rolo's legs are moving while being held in place (she's running in place) this will be bad. The kitten though isn't scared and staying still. So I pick the kitten up and slowly move him over to Rolo while my wife is holding her still. Then it happens in a split second. No flash of the teeth but whipping of the tongue. My wife lets Rolo loose and she just licks the kitten all over.

Here is a pic I took 3 weeks later after a Rolo kissing session.

cf27921ffb79dc4a477320056cfba8aa.jpg

He made screeching noises instead of meowing normally at first and I said he sounds like a Viking kitty. So I looked up Old Norse names and came up with Vali.

Pronounced "vawh-lee". Since then we half jokingly call him Wrigley 2.0 because he lays in Wrigley's favorite spots, and other weird similarities he does that Wrigley would do. Sushi still isn't completely house trained so she could be walking down the hall and decide to take dump. Wrigley would go down the hall and try to "cover" it up like she's scratching stuff over it as in the litter box. A week into having Vali my wife said he did the same thing. I've seen him do it twice since then. He also reacted to the sound of a can opener as Wrigley used to the first week we had him. I asked my step daughter if they had an electric can opener and she said no. They still had the hand held one I gave them from the camper. So, it's been a really fun but strange couple of months with Vali.

Here is a video of Rolo and Wrigley a few days before she died. You can hear her "snoring" from her wound

http://youtu.be/-TSn8NV_Ka0

Now here is a video of Rolo and Vali

http://youtu.be/tf0Kv1tltFw

This is pretty much an everyday occurrence except for Monday night through Thursday of this week while Rolo was looking all around the house for what we think was for Belle.

Sent from my iPhone

The following pic made my wife cry when I showed it to her a few days ago. Wrigley would lay in Rolo's cage and she would lay in Belle's cage just to annoy Belle. Belle's cage is still set up and my wife's tshirt that Belle drug in there her last morning is still in there. Here is Vali laying in the cage in the exact position Wrigley would.

fa0e0bb762fca07690d5cf2f46b15456.jpg

Then I just took this pic a few minutes ago. Minnie on the left while Vali is crashing hard from a catnip binge beside Rolo

49fe7b5f3b7956b5e4e19285dd968749.jpg

Sent from my iPhone

Since I have to pick up Brady's bed when I vacuum the living room because it's in the middle of the room (yeah yeah, I know) he usually heads upstairs until I'm done.

Today out of the corner of my eye I see him creep back into the room and climb up on the couch - which these days is usually a concerted effort that involves carefully getting one foot at a time up there.

I guess he decided this was a more comfy spot to wait until I was done.

12066050_10208278147778520_2860020556471

• 3 weeks later...

Sooooooo, my wife and I thought it would be cool to paint up Sushi as a skeleton since she has black skin. She doesn't mind wearing all the stupid things my wife puts on her so I figured it would be easy. Nope. She started flipping the frank out halfway through painting the spine on. Never saw or heard her act this way. So for the rest of the night she just looked like Pepe Le Pew's reluctant love interest Penelope. 27bc983ea8237b6559d33553cf56aedd.jpg

I want to wash this off of her but this is the closest she will let me get to her right now.

290c032d19e4bdd55bfa486dee25de44.jpg

I'm gonna have to wait until she starts to sleep before I can get it off of her.

Sent from my iPhone

I wonder about the one in the devil horns.  Looks like she could be saying Mom do you really want me to be a devil?  'Cause you know I can do it.

I thought they were appropriate for our little angel. LOL

And ask Brady about how Lyn can be a devil sometimes. B)

So cute! They don't look like they mind wearing them.  

Those are the looks of tolerance and embarrassment. Hahahaha

Well except Brady. I'm not really sure what that face is saying. :huh:

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Sooooooo, my wife and I thought it would be cool to paint up Sushi as a skeleton since she has black skin. She doesn't mind wearing all the stupid things my wife puts on her so I figured it would be easy. Nope. She started flipping the frank out halfway through painting the spine on. Never saw or heard her act this way. So for the rest of the night she just looked like Pepe Le Pew's reluctant love interest Penelope. 27bc983ea8237b6559d33553cf56aedd.jpg

I want to wash this off of her but this is the closest she will let me get to her right now.

290c032d19e4bdd55bfa486dee25de44.jpg

I'm gonna have to wait until she starts to sleep before I can get it off of her.

Sent from my iPhone

Oh man, what a look, she is definitely not pleased.  

Cute idea though, don't tell her I said that.