• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This was Zeus's (4 yr old schnoodle) favorite view of the Fort. He would sit on top of the couch, with his favorite stuffed squirrel under his chin, keeping watch from lot 1616.:)

This is my latest pup, Banzai, a Miniature Australian Shepard at 5 1/2 Months.  We got him in October.  

This is the TCD dog, Rocky. He is the third boxer we have owned, and the only one out of the three who enjoys swimming. I snapped this photo during a recent visit to Honeymoon Island State Park: TCD

Posted Images

What a beautiful cat Vali is and smart too, the sink is a nice cool spot on a hot day.

It seems no matter how much I miss a gone to the bridge pet there is always room in my heart to love another one.

Sorry Bear is gone from earth, never from your heart.  Welcome little Boot, another beauty.

What a beautiful cat Vali is and smart too, the sink is a nice cool spot on a hot day.

It seems no matter how much I miss a gone to the bridge pet there is always room in my heart to love another one.

Sorry Bear is gone from earth, never from your heart.  Welcome little Boot, another beauty.

Thanks.  That pic is a bit bittersweet to me.  In that picture, his face and markings on his head remind me of Wrigley who I mentioned earlier in this thread died in April.  I sometimes mistakenly call him Wrigley and it doesn't help when he meows back in response.  He's one week shy of being 6 months old and he's already as big as she was.  He's bigger then his mother right now as well and although he isn't as big as Rascal, he's now stronger then her and thumps her quite easily while playing.  I'm wondering how much bigger and stronger he's going to get.

Also, will know more during the weekend, but it looks like my wife has been approved for rescuing another dog to take the place of Belle.  She's going to meet him tomorrow.

This is the late Wrigley Bear.  We lost him in Feb., and he is sorely missed.  The bottom pic is the new guy, the boot.  He and my son have become pretty much inseparable.

iPhone%20Pictures%20003.jpg

20150228_204214.jpg

Sorry about your loss.  I'm a big fan of the name though :)

Hope you have many years of great memories with the Boot!

Well we just got home with this guy. Right now it's a 2 week trial. After 2 weeks then it could be permanent if things work out and we pass their inspection. Supposedly he's 5 years old but we think he might be half of that age. We had one issue already where he "marked" some territory and when he went to sniff the 1 month old grand baby, Minnie attacked him. Never saw that behavior from Minnie before. Here is hopefully my wife's replacement for Belle, another puggle named Landon.

572c176163c3aa996cd9f1e5bb38ebd4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone

Good luck with Landon, bhall, hope he quickly settles in with the family.

Thanks.  Have to see what happens.  Landon doesn't like stairs.  Living in a bi-level, he'll have to get over that quickly.  Vali doesn't like him at this point and Landon wants to chase him which is now getting Sushi and Minnie in chasing Vali.  

• 2 months later...

They all looooooove the snow! 

All our border collies always have - and that includes Bz who has hardly any coat at all. The black and whites (or as we like to call them "Dusty and The Chin") have double coats and are a lot more insulated. But they both also have really hairy toes that usually end up packed with snowballs.  I just trimmed Brady's not long ago and I swear the hair between his toes is already 2" long again. Luckily right now it's really cold and the snow isn't very sticky.

I can remember a much younger Brady on a trip to Maine laying in a snow bank shivering in between chasing the frisbee, and having to practically drag him in the house.

Actually the hardest part about it being so cold right now is convincing them to come in and stay in.  B)

On 9/26/2015 at 4:25 PM, bhall said:

Here's a pic from today of Rascal. Vali is on the right a bit bigger then in the pics above.

76be74fdb1ab23854c17283ebea55574.jpg

Sent from my iPhone

On 9/27/2015 at 8:26 PM, fladogfan aka Gretchen said:

Wow beautiful cats.  Wonder if Vali will end up a bigger cat than Rascal.  Love the interaction of the dog and cat.  Too cute.

It is amazing what can happen after the death of a loved one, human or 4-footer, we just need to be aware. 

Almost 5 months later and Vali is as big as Rascal and he is just shy of being 9 months old.  Rascal isn't a small cat either.  Don't let this picture fool you.  Vali thumps Rascal every chance he can get.  Landon chases both of the cats quite aggressively.  That dog is a problem.  But anyway, here's a pic of Rascal and Vali.  Vali is on the right.

392c60b7f3fbab69f526dd34d0f6f6ef.jpg

19 hours ago, bhall said:

Almost 5 months later and Vali is as big as Rascal and he is just shy of being 9 months old.  Rascal isn't a small cat either.  Don't let this picture fool you.  Vali thumps Rascal every chance he can get.  Landon chases both of the cats quite aggressively.  That dog is a problem.  But anyway, here's a pic of Rascal and Vali.  Vali is on the right.

392c60b7f3fbab69f526dd34d0f6f6ef.jpg

He is beautiful, love his markings.  And both sets of eyes," I'm gonna get cha" and "who you lookin at."  :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

12065886_10153344917602739_5212877115862 

I couldn't post a picture of all our pets, as my wife is a Vet, and we have 50 acres of land so we have retired goats, sheep, and other critters from petting zoos.  But in the hose we have a few cast and these two dogs.  Meat Wad - Boxer/Pit and Thurman Murman - Pug

10476350_10152437764657739_5494069994764

The dogs on the way home from the only camping trip they ever went on.  They were not big fans of being in the camper

10644988_10152437765977739_7903236216255

And the herd...  There's 5

Diesel, Jerry, Louise, Loyd, and Ester