Roaring Forks at Wilderness Lodge

I enjoy taking the boat from the fort to the Wilderness Lodge to Roaring Forks counter service. They have some great deli sandwiches, along with standard burgers, fries, chicken nuggets......Pretty inexpensive in Disney standards. Tables outside by the pool allow for great scenery while you eat.

Lunch at Roaring Forks is a tradition for us.  They also have the same great chili they serve up at Trail's End.

I loved R.F. back before they re-modeled and changed the menu options.  They had a great steak & cheese sandwich and every night had the chef's featured special.  Saturday was the open-faced, hand-carved turkey sandwich with mashed potatoes & gravy.  It was awesome, and I wish they would bring that back.  IIRC, they changed everything around 2005.  8)

We stopped there for lunch during our Jan visit and wasnt real impressed. The line took forever to move and there didnt seem to be much flow in the prep area at the grill, it just took a lot longer than it should to plate up cheeseburgers and pizza. I think I am spoiled by eating my own food at the trailer. I dont have a lot of tolerance for overpriced mediocre food.

Now.... WCC is  whole other story, we love that place !

I loved R.F. back before they re-modeled and changed the menu options.  They had a great steak & cheese sandwich and every night had the chef's featured special.  Saturday was the open-faced, hand-carved turkey sandwich with mashed potatoes & gravy.  It was awesome, and I wish they would bring that back.  IIRC, they changed everything around 2005.  :popcorn:

I know exactly what you mean. While we still enjoy it as a fast food type of option..it used to be WAY better. There was also a BBQ pulled pork sandwhich they featured. It was the same as what was served upstairs in the Whispering Canyon. That's long gone.

We do enjoy taking our food outside to the terrace area, or even sitting poolside. Especially in the morning when it's still quiet.

Can I say Hello Bounty Platter!!! When we go on vacation we are not the type to cook our meals or get up early or go to bed early!! This place was perfect.. we would roll in there about 10am and order 5 bounty platters for breakfast and it had so much food by the time it came for lunch it was 2 or 3 pm and dinner was always late! They sure do know how to get your day started with that meal!! Oh and don't get me started on the GIANT nesquick milk they got too!!

Can I say Hello Bounty Platter!!! When we go on vacation we are not the type to cook our meals or get up early or go to bed early!! This place was perfect.. we would roll in there about 10am and order 5 bounty platters for breakfast and it had so much food by the time it came for lunch it was 2 or 3 pm and dinner was always late! They sure do know how to get your day started with that meal!! Oh and don't get me started on the GIANT nesquick milk they got too!!

Never had the Bounty Platter.  I might just need to try that one as, I loves mah breakfast!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest starbuc71

I have to say, for the mediocer food you usually get for the price at Disney, Roaring fork is awsome.  The burgers are alright, but the selection of kids items, desserts and other things are great.  I guess  we enjoy it so much because of the low amount of food options you have at the fort.  I think if they could have the same set up at the fort just like roaring fork, it would be a gold mine for Disney and a blessing for the campers.  Win, Win

I probably ate 20 of their philly cheesesteaks on our honeymoon there 10 yrs ago. Now I am hooked on the chicken, apple, walnut salads. I ate 5 on our last trip.

Their philly cheesesteaks were awesome!!  I wish they stilled served them.  Now they serve primarily foo-foo healthy stuff! :wiz:

It s a must do for us on our last day.  Since we live only 90 minutes away, if we plan to leave on a Sunday I usually book Sunday night for a Monday checkout.  That gives us until Sunday night to leave. We take a bike ride over to WL, look in the shop, sit in the lobby and have lunch at RF. It's a nice way to end our trip.