H and KFK's Fourth at the Fort AND BEYOND!!!!

Day 4 continues….

Now that we were loaded onto the golf cart we were ready to roll. Here are some of the photos we snapped along the way in no particular order. I really don’t have many comments on these but I hope you enjoy them just the same. We rode around, ended up at the 300 loop playground and rode around some more.

100_8289.jpg

100_8290.jpg

Day 4 continues….

100_8289.jpg

100_8292.jpg

100_8293.jpg

100_8300.jpg

100_8302.jpg

100_8303.jpg

100_8304.jpg

100_8306.jpg

100_8309.jpg

100_8311.jpg

100_8312.jpg

100_8318.jpg

100_8323.jpg

During our looping rounds we spotted this fiend. TNBob and MrsTNBob! Awesome! We were lucky enough to get to know them during the Stone Mt. GG! And even luckier to get to spend a good amount of time with them at the Fort! :heart:

100_8325.jpg

100_8327.jpg

100_8328.jpg

100_8333.jpg

Notice the Coleman tent in the foreground. The orange one right there in the front of the photo. We have one just like it and use it for Lil' H's Cubscout campouts. Just a little tid bit of info. :)

100_8334.jpg

100_8335.jpg

P6292864.jpg

I’m not sure of the photo limit or even how many photos I’ve tried to cram in but there are more coming in the next installment.

I know we were in the 600 loop... that fact will not escape some of you. You're probably wondering why there is no photo of a special site in 600 loop. Don't fret there are some photos coming up later.

I love the Fort and God Bless America. ;)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No hijack can be complete without.......EYE CANDY!! :) You're welcome ladies!

Nothing wrong with Fox News - as long as you realize it ISN'T News; You don't think every word they say was engraved in stone by a finger; and you balance what you see there with other sources ...

Wow! I've never heard them say "Fox news... the #1 name in NOT the news." That would make an interesting slogan. :rofl2: If you go make sure to take notes, pics and share a good thorough report. :)

I’m not sure of the photo limit or even how many photos I’ve tried to cram in but there are more coming in the next installment.

I know we were in the 600 loop... that fact will not escape some of you. You're probably wondering why there is no photo of a special site in 600 loop. Don't fret there are some photos coming up later.

I love the Fort and God Bless America. ;)

You are doing great, KFK!

Only a few more views, and you will have moved in to fourth place for the most viewed TR's! And you are just on day four!

For your future reference, the photo limit per post is 30.

I'm going to take a wild guess and predict that there are some photos of site 617 coming up.

I can hardly wait!

TCD

Wow - I had a lot of catching up to do! We are in the car now, on our way home from the Fort. Boo hoo. So, it was nice to have some Fort readin' to do!!!

Let's see, all the polls...

I am anti-poncho. Very anti-poncho. Let's all get hot and sweaty and then wrap up in plastic. Really? Um, no.

I am pro-EWP, except when it holds up my boat leaving MK at night.

I have not seen COP since 1999, and I remember then it made me sleepy. Guess I'm on the fence there.

I am also anti-prison.

I really do need to know how you managed to look so fantastic at Disney??? If I am not mistaken, you are wearing makeup and fixed your hair and everything! :worship:

Wonderful!!!!

Thanks Carol!

Your boys are so darn cute. They look like they are just comfortable at the Fort.

Aww thanks Dave. I tend to think they're on the cute side too. Come to think of it ... I know someone with 6 gorgeous gals! ;)

They are very comfortable at the Fort. There's no place like the Fort... but clicking your heels together won't getcha there. Believe me I've tried.

Loving the TR KIM! :banana:

Thanks Ally! I'm sure you will turn up somewhere in this TR. ;)

I did just that. A nice casual ride while chit chatting with Bob is a really nice memory for me.

I agree. We treasure our time spent with the TN clan too. It was completely awesome meeting you and your lovely wife as well!

You are doing great, KFK!

Only a few more views, and you will have moved in to fourth place for the most viewed TR's! And you are just on day four!

For your future reference, the photo limit per post is 30.

I'm going to take a wild guess and predict that there are some photos of site 617 coming up.

I can hardly wait!

TCD

Thanks TCD!

Now I'm feeling the pressure. 4th place! If I move up one space do I get a bronze medal and stand on a podium? :rofl2:

30 photos per post! That is awesome! Voldemort didn't allow that many if memory serves me correctly. Jen and Chris are website rock stars!

That was a good guess... especially since the clues were very vague. There will absolutely be 617 photos coming up. Probably more than once.

Waiting for more :popcorn:

I am very Pro-COP

I like the EWP but then again I don't HAVE to listen to it every night

AND Kim did look HOT during her stay at the fort (then again it was in the mid 90's all week) :rofl2:

Great photos Kim. This is exactly how I plan I spending most of my time on my next visit. Just looping around and visiting with some great Fiends :banana:

It is the best way to spend your time at the Fort. In fact we spent more Fort time this year than last and it still didn't seem like enough. We've decided that on our next visit we're either spending less days in the parks or adding days to spend at the Fort. I tend to support the latter. :rofl:

Wow - I had a lot of catching up to do! We are in the car now, on our way home from the Fort. Boo hoo. So, it was nice to have some Fort readin' to do!!!

Let's see, all the polls...

I am anti-poncho. Very anti-poncho. Let's all get hot and sweaty and then wrap up in plastic. Really? Um, no.

I am pro-EWP, except when it holds up my boat leaving MK at night.

I have not seen COP since 1999, and I remember then it made me sleepy. Guess I'm on the fence there.

I am also anti-prison.

I really do need to know how you managed to look so fantastic at Disney??? If I am not mistaken, you are wearing makeup and fixed your hair and everything! :worship:

On your way back from the Fort? Cool! I hope you had a good trip and look forward to your Trip Report. :banana:

OK. Ed and Ally nearly had me swayed into the anti-poncho camp. I think you just put me over the top. ;)

I don't mind if the EWP holds my boat up as long as I am already on board. One of my fave things to do is watch the EWP while I'm on the water. :heart: It does stink when you're standing in line waiting on the boat when it's held up though. I don't like when that happens.

Fantastic!? Wow you're great at exaggeration! I guess that's because you're southern. LOL! Did you miss the photo of me before my morning coffee? The only thing missing was the glare of death with red lasers coming out of my eyes! :rofl2: I only managed self-improvement a few times over our stay. Believe me, most of the time I barely have my hair combed. The fiends who have met me have witnessed this. ;)

Waiting for more :popcorn:

I am very Pro-COP

I like the EWP but then again I don't HAVE to listen to it every night

AND Kim did look HOT during her stay at the fort (then again it was in the mid 90's all week) :rofl2:

Agreed on your first 2 points.

As to your final remark. I'm taking notes Bob. Punishment is eminent.

thunder.gif

I forgot to add that I share in Lil H's love of Star Wars and Indiana Jones! I have both sets of movies and am a huge fan!

Well, except that last Indiana Jones movie was a little weird. They didn't have to throw aliens in there...

I forgot to add that I share in Lil H's love of Star Wars and Indiana Jones! I have both sets of movies and am a huge fan!

Well, except that last Indiana Jones movie was a little weird. They didn't have to throw aliens in there...

Us too ... and I agree. It was weird.

Kim I love the photos of your boys at the playground. Some of my favorite memories are my trips to the playground with my son. Kids can make the simplest things great.

Thanks Steve. It really is the simple moments that make FW trips so special.

Day 4.… Yep! There’s more!

P6292865.jpg

P6292866.jpg

P6292867.jpg

P6292868.jpg

P6292869.jpg

P6292875.jpg

500 Loop Bus stop. Wasn't this Terry Trail many moons ago?

P6292876.jpg

While looping we spotted this little fiendmingo. If my memory is doing it’s job I believe that belongs to 4Brians. We had an opportunity to meet them before the GG. Very nice folks!

P6292878.jpg

More scenery…

P6292869.jpg

Only Disney would dress up the path to a comfort station this way. Just beautiful!

P6302879.jpg

P6302880.jpg

Here’s a couple of shots of the TNBob and MrsTNBob site. He kept his lamp green just to aggravate the Queen of Snark.

P6302883.jpg

P6302882.jpg

As promised… site 617. I agree with TCD. This is the WORST site in all of Fort Wilderness. Not good. Not good at all. Except for mockery and ridicule.

We saw a couple of other campers fill this spot and I believe there are photos of those guests as well. We’ll see as I sort through the gazillions of photos.

P6302884.jpg

P6302886.jpg

P6302887.jpg

I love this bridge to the sing along area.

P6302885.jpg

P6302888.jpg

In my opinion these are the unsung heroes of FW. Just imagine life at the Fort without them. Ewww!

P6302894.jpg

P6302895.jpg

P6302896.jpg

As we got back to Quail Trail we noticed these workers cutting huge branches out of this tree.

P6302906.jpg

P6302907.jpg

I think I’m very close to my quota of photos so I’ll stop here but there’s more from day four coming up. Believe it or not I’m only posting a fraction of the photos taken. :rofl2:

I'll be taking Lil' H on a cubscout campout tomorrow so it will be Sunday before another installment. As long as this TR is... there are bound to be distractions. ;) Try to behave while I'm gone. Yeah right! :rofl2:

I'll never forget the first time I saw 617. I was at the Fort during March 2009 when they were constructing the new sites. That site jumped right out at me, as well as to TCD when I posted pics of the loop that day. I went back to my thread at "that place", and found TCD's comments on my picture of what became site 617.

Dave-

Congratulations, you have earned your TCD Junior Deputy badge!

I am intrigued by this photo:

2918627550101147942S500x500Q85.jpg

That is the 800 loop bus stop in the background. Is there a fence around it? Is it being worked on?

Also in this photo, is that a sidewalk on the left? Is there a walkway from the main road to the pedestrian bridge to the campfire area? I know the work isn't done yet, but I'm not sure I like this site that backs right up to the road and the 800 loop entrance.

It looks like there are site markers up at the sites, but I don't see site numbers. Are the sites numbered yet? How many new sites are there?

TCD

It's funny...TCD hated that site before it was even finished! :rofl2: And later that day, he posted:

I can't believe how close that sidewalk is to the grill in the back of this site. How would anyone like to have this site? There is a lot of foot traffic going over the pedestrian bridge. We stay on the 800 loop a lot, and use that bridge all the time, as do folks from the 400, 500 and 700 loops. I would hate to have this site! You would have folks walking right by you all the time, and tons of people coming and going from the campfire. What were they thinking?

TCD

Some things never change. :rofl2:

More great pics. 18 pages!! This TR has quit the following.

Thank you Steve. :)

Great pictures Kim. The 500 loop is my all time favorite. My biggest fear is that I will be stuck on site 617, my dogs would go nuts with people passing by all the time.

Have fun camping with Lil H. :banana:

Thanks Cherie! I don't think there's a fiend alive who would allow themselves to be stuck on 617. LOL!!!

Still lovin the report! Hope you are having a super time camping with Lil' H! Side question... If Big H is the third, is Lil' H an esquire? I think that is how it works, isn't it?

Thanks Lisa. Just got back about a half hour ago from the campout. It was great fun!

I thought esquire meant you were an attorney! :rofl2: What do I know?

I'll never forget the first time I saw 617. I was at the Fort during March 2009 when they were constructing the new sites. That site jumped right out at me, as well as to TCD when I posted pics of the loop that day. I went back to my thread at "that place", and found TCD's comments on my picture of what became site 617.

It's funny...TCD hated that site before it was even finished! :rofl2: And later that day, he posted:

:rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

The first time I ever really noticed 617 was last year (we've only starting renting GC's over the last few years and weren't able to properly loop) and I told H.."Good Lawd! Look at that site! How horrible! I pity the fool that gets stuck there!" He said... "Look at the site post." 617. We cracked up remembering it was TCD's "favorite" site. I agree with ya'll. WHAT THE FORT WERE THEY THINKING! ;)

That is awesome Dave!

I didn't remember that you were the first to call out site 617. And, it didn't even have its number yet.

Of course, back then it didn't have the swell fence it has now.

That fence really made everything better.

As I remember, that is also the trip where I had the pleasure of meeting you.

And we teamed up for that great April Fool's prank involving the Meadow slide's water tower logo.

Good times!

The first time I ever really noticed 617 was last year (we've only starting renting GC's over the last few years and weren't able to properly loop) and I told H.."Good Lawd! Look at that site! How horrible! I pity the fool that gets stuck there!" He said... "Look at the site post." 617. We cracked up remembering it was TCD's "favorite" site. I agree with ya'll. WHAT THE FORT WERE THEY THINKING! ;)

KFK- Great 617 pics! That site is still one of my favorites!

TCD

As I remember, that is also the trip where I had the pleasure of meeting you.

And we teamed up for that great April Fool's prank involving the Meadow slide's water tower logo.

Good times!

I think you're right...we met then and also later that year at Thanksgiving time. And hopefully we'll catch up this Thanksgiving.

I had almost forgotten about the water slide prank. That was hilarious! You and Shan cooked up a good one that time.

I think you're right...we met then and also later that year at Thanksgiving time. And hopefully we'll catch up this Thanksgiving.

I had almost forgotten about the water slide prank. That was hilarious! You and Shan cooked up a good one that time.

Yep. This is when we first met-up. I even have a photo from that occasion:

33109005.jpg

As I said: Good Times!

TCD

TCD the way you whip out photos from long ago is quite impressive.. I can only imagine the files and folders you must have on your computer, how DO you keep them so organized?? I've been meaning to organize pictures for the past 15 years.. needsless to say.. I don't find anything fast.. :blink: