Please share how you found Fort Fiends  

149 members have voted

1. 1. Now that you are here, please tell us how you found us. This will help us zero in on what works.

• Google (or other search engine ) search
    • You were given a Fiend card
    • Saw a sign at a campground
    • Facebook or Twitter
    • Original Flush
    • Saw a link on another website or forum
    • Advertising on another website or forum
    • Spotted a Fort Fiends sticker on a car or camper while driving
    • Personal referral
    • Other

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Could we add a choice like "noticed missing fiends & went off searching" or something like that perhaps? I don't see a box that applies to those of us who found you but weren't flushed?

We're good for a weekend at the Fort every other month or so. Unfortunately, we hadn't been during Christmas season before, but enjoyed a good looping run to see the Halloween decorations in October.

To add to Dave's excellent post, another big, big, difference, is that unlike just about all WDW related discussion boards where posters can get mean and rude because they know that they'll never meet

Right after Christmas I had to take a break from Voldemort. It was still far away from my trip and I felt like I had read everything there was to read about Disney and the fort. I am also a member of a spin off board from Babycenter. We go through cycles where it's a lot of fun to read and then it gets boring for a while. Right after Christmas a lot of snarkiness (see why I like you) was going on so I spent much of my time reading the drama there.

After a while I went back to Voldemort but it seemed boring. I couldn't put my finger on it but things were different. I also noticed there hadn't been a new TCD trip report and thought that was odd since he seemed to go to the fort quite a bit. By then the spring carnival I was helping to plan was in full force so I didn't really think about it and went on with life. Then in June right before my trip I was like where the heck is everyone at. I knew you all had went somewhere else. We did the same thing when many of our babycenter board members got flushed. When that happend a facebook page was quickly opened so that our members could find us. I figured maybe you all did the same. I found the I love camping at Ft. Wilderness page and liked it. Saw the link posted and made my way over here. So glad to be here.

As Shannta said I wasn't flushed either, but was given points. I heard on the other site that the fiends had another site so I asked someone where everyone went. People had to be creative to get the web address to me, because the evil site blocked the site name when it was sent to me in a private message. I guess over there messages aren't so private. :popo:

I started a Thread on the other board back in January (Where on Facebook) on where all the cool people went. I got a few PM’s that gave me clues on this site here since the other board was filtering anything that look like directions to here.

After finding FortFiends.net, I was getting requests on how to find this place and I was happy to let them know. After getting a warning from the other site in April when I was only responding to the thread on how to find you all here (Reason: Filter Violation), I was basically told to stop leaving bread crumbs to here and soon after I got flushed.

I replied to their email and was banned soon after for (“Reason: Argumentative/Sarcastic”) and (“Posting while already banned”). The thing is, I never knew that I was banned. Never was I told so, but I am WAY happier here and this site is AWSOME! :banana:

Original flush here. And I was the first official member of this site! :dance: I've never been first at anything in my life, so that was cool.

But even with a 12 day head start, Doodle still passed me in post count by mid-morning on February 9th. :rofl2:

And I've been having a hell of a good time :rofl2:

Just like a lot of others, I was mostly a lurker on Voldemort (and here, too) and was following the flush as it was happening. I must of missed a week or so over there, because one day--everyone was gone. I checked on Facebook for the private group, but it was already closed. I think a little while later someone put the address on the I Love Fort Wilderness facebook group. Now here I am.

I put "Original Flush" but not sure if that's entirely accurate. I was never flushed, but saw the whole thing happen. It happened so fast.

Anyway, the next day I got on FB and asked KFK where to go and here I am!

So, Carol - is that a personal referral or flush? I can change my vote to whatever you think is best.

I am still a member at the other joint, I have some girlfriends that I periodically keep up with over there from our July thread last summer. Don't know how the campers are doing though.

I think they thought I was too boring to flush, too. :rofl2:

I put "Original Flush" but not sure if that's entirely accurate. I was never flushed, but saw the whole thing happen. It happened so fast.

Anyway, the next day I got on FB and asked KFK where to go and here I am!

So, Carol - is that a personal referral or flush? I can change my vote to whatever you think is best.

I am still a member at the other joint, I have some girlfriends that I periodically keep up with over there from our July thread last summer. Don't know how the campers are doing though.

I think they thought I was too boring to flush, too. :rofl2:

I would say Facebook

While I don't post here much (and didn't there much either) I often lurk um-"read to keep up on what's going on". I've been here since day 2 for this site - yes I know I was late. I was lucky enough to see posts "over there" about this site before they could delete them (which was pretty quick at the time) and I came over right away. It was definately a wild and crazy time. I am glad I'm here now and not there anymore. While I wasn't flushed myself I still feel that is why I am here.

:rofl2: We could add that but it doesn't really tell us how you found FF, only that you were swimming when you did :rofl2:

Actually, someone who'd not been flushed sent me a pm before I volunteered to be flushed..... just can't remember who it was?

What can I say? I was always a water baby or maybe all that typing was an automated typing correction of my iMac's software.....

I'm not sure how to vote 'cause (1) I did a search looking for where everyone FUN went AND (2) THEN was banned from Voldermort because I deleted some of my own posts (which by the way weren't really beneficial to anyone.). Am I to be considered as part of the Great Flush?

I clicked OTHER 'cause I did a search looking for where everyone FUN went AND THEN was banned from Voldermort because I deleted some of my own posts (which by the way weren't really beneficial to anyone.). Am I to be considered as part of the Great Flush?

WHERE did you search?? Search Engine, facebook, other camping sites??

Inquiring minds want to know.

WHERE did you search?? Search Engine, facebook, other camping sites??

Inquiring minds want to know.

You're FAST! I must have been editing when you answered. I changed my answer and deleted my vote until I'm sure how to. I Googled 'Fiends' and a link popped up for here. I didn't really know any of the original fiends having only been to the Fort once and then stayed in the cabins.

Original flush here. And I was the first official member of this site! :dance: I've never been first at anything in my life, so that was cool.

I never did thank you Dave for showing me the way here. I have no idea where I am on the on the membership list but thanks to you I made it within the first couple hours. I think you were also the first fiend to get a new camper also.

So there ya go, your vote should be for google search. And we're glad it helped you find us :banana:

Gonna do that right now. :lol: I know I don't post very often but it's good to know that there's a great place to come to when I do have a question about the Fort or whatever else. I'm still a Fort newbie (only been once-2008) but like I told my hubby, we won't be staying at any other resort for all our future trips. I didn't post much on Voldermort either and IMHO, they really lost big time when they kicked all the good folks to the curb!