• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Poor guy was hoping to see some Stormtroopers in March of the First Order, but instead all he saw was the Moons of Endor.

Now that's what I call a solid Plan B!    I wonder if they got a love note from the Fort Rangers about being parked off the pavement?  LOL

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, Memphis said:

I have a rule that I wish men would adopt.  If you need a bra to go topless you should wear a shirt even in the pool.  I do.  

Women needless to say are exempt from this rule.   

That's a fine rule.

The thing that's noteworthy about this fellow is that he is in the middle of a shopping center- and there's no pool anywhere near where he was.  He doesn't appear to be carrying a shirt.  A true WTF- where did he think he was going dressed like that, and where did he come from?

TCD

34 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

...he is in the middle of a shopping center- and there's no pool anywhere near where he was.  He doesn't appear to be carrying a shirt.  A true WTF- where did he think he was going dressed like that, and where did he come from?

This exactly. I mean, what does this guy wear to the mall back home??

Sadly I looked at the photo again... and this guy is wearing not just shoes, but socks as well.

Which blows the theory he just hopped a boat over from Saratoga Springs because someone stole his sunscreen off his pool chair.

I guess now we know the answer to why stores and restaurants have to post "No Shirt No Shoes No Service" signs.  :blink:

1 hour ago, ependydad...Doug said:

FORT WILDERNESS IS INEXPENSIVE.

Yeah, I said it.

Checkout this insanity out in California:

attachment.php?attachmentid=108232&d=146

Summer rates, "Supersite", $300-479 ***a night***.

You beat me to this!!!! Insane right

On 5/19/2016 at 10:53 AM, Tri-Circle-D said:

Wow!

So, what is a Supersite?  Does it come with a gold plated beer tap and an open bar or something?

TCD

I doubt it, as far as I know those amenities are only available on our very own 3000 Loop at the Fort.   B)

We're at the Fort this week taking my mother in law camping for a bit.  We've all seen people that leave their "scare lights" on at night.  While heading out to work from the camper this morning, I saw these people who take it to a whole new level (that's one of those big halogen shop lights):

NhnxHokh.jpg

1 hour ago, djsamuel said:

We're at the Fort this week taking my mother in law camping for a bit.  We've all seen people that leave their "scare lights" on at night.  While heading out to work from the camper this morning, I saw these people who take it to a whole new level (that's one of those big halogen shop lights):

NhnxHokh.jpg

Wow.

Why is that necessary?

I miss when the Fort used to be dark at night.

You know, like the wilderness?

1 hour ago, Tigger said:

Screenshot_20160523-081250_zpskbtxijpg.pThis is a Google Earth view of one of the super sites

Is that another site to the left of that site? 

Are there any trees in that "campground?"

TCD

It doesn't look much different than a number of RV parks I've seen near the beaches here other than appearing to be cleaner. As to the prices, this is Southern California and Newport Beach isn't exactly a town that caters to folks of average income levels.

• 5 weeks later...

Funny thing... we took a picture of a hat with my iPhone that my wife liked at the Settlement Trading Post on this last trip we did the 1st week of the month, and looking back through my pictures just now it showed up as geotagged at "River Country Water Park." 

what the fort?