On 7/20/2020 at 10:13 AM, Tri-Circle-D said:

Yes the walls are up, and you can see from the marina that there is grass and weeds growing on the beach. I have photos of that which I will post on another thread. 

We are not getting our beach back. The stuff on the other side of the walls will soon be an overgrown mess like River Country was when they let it sit and rot for all those years. 

TCD

That is really sad.....

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Poor guy was hoping to see some Stormtroopers in March of the First Order, but instead all he saw was the Moons of Endor.

Now that's what I call a solid Plan B!    I wonder if they got a love note from the Fort Rangers about being parked off the pavement?  LOL

Posted Images

On 7/21/2020 at 8:14 AM, ThemeParkCommando said:

Spelling's been going by the wayside for a long time already.  Back when my kids were in school ( early 90's), the teachers gave spelling tests, but the grades didn't count.  They just corrected the spelling and moved on.  Their attitude was: " As long as we can ready the word phonetically, it's fine."

That is how we were taught to teach back in the late 80s early 90s. I remember the emphasis was on writing. Just get the students to write. Don’t correct spelling or punctuation. Granted this was only to be used for journaling type work. 
I was also taught the whole word approach when learning how to teach reading. I did not learn about teaching phonemic sounds until my son was diagnosed with dyslexia. 

21 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Well I guess everyone who criticizes the Fort management needs to apologize. Yes, it took them weeks to catch a glaring spelling error, but now everything is better. 

(there’s a new sign, right?)

TCD

No, there was no sign when they were there, so no need to apologize just yet.....

8 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

I don’t how they missed the new sign, but it has not been removed. I just took this photo earlier this morning, September 5, 2020:

E83AF85B_9619_4B05_8BF1_903B7EC9BAAD.jpe

TCD

Good Grief!! Well that's why you don't send someone else to do a job.  Next time I will leave them home and I'll go to the Fort.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

On Sunday, May 2, 2021, early in the morning, I took a stroll down the pedestrian path behind the 300 loop and found a dad back there with his kids and golf cart. 

00E5FA8D-C155-4DE0-9A38-3B8EE2E1BD21.jpe

What’s the big deal about that?

For one thing, this guy had to drive past several signs telling him that no golf carts are allowed back here. 

For another, zoom in on that photo so you can see that this genius and a kid who can’t be more than 5 years old are on the other side of the alligator fence with their fishing poles. 

WTF?

TCD

5 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

On Sunday, May 2, 2021, early in the morning, I took a stroll down the pedestrian path behind the 300 loop and found a dad back there with his kids and golf cart. 

00E5FA8D-C155-4DE0-9A38-3B8EE2E1BD21.jpe

What’s the big deal about that?

For one thing, this guy had to drive past several signs telling him that no golf carts are allowed back here. 

For another, zoom in on that photo so you can see that this genius and a kid who can’t be more than 5 years old are on the other side of the alligator fence with their fishing poles. 

WTF?

TCD

Nobody said all FORT patrons are smart....