We saw this motorhome come into the Fort ... the owners were behind it driving their tow car.

If you look closely at the tow truck you can see it's from Lake City, FL :dropjaw:

Apparently they were so anxious to get to the Fort they just decided to get towed and then get repaired later!

Wonder if they had CoachNet??? :rofl: Must have cost a fortune for that tow!

DSCN7722.jpg

Great photo!

And, great story.

While most folks would find this story to be odd, I understand where these folks were coming from. If they made it to Lake City, how excruciating would it be to have to stop there and watch their vacation days tick away while their RV was in the shop? They probably thought: the heck with it, we are going to the Fort no matter what!

I salute them!

I would still say WTF, but I salute them!

I personally know of a UCF student several years ago that spent every weekend over at Disney. If he couldn't find a friend staying at a resort to crash with, he closed down AC, and then wandered the Epcot resorts till things opened back up.

He now works for Imagineering :-)

Neat story. I agree with Lou, this type of thing would be easy for young people, maybe not so much for older folks.

TCD

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Poor guy was hoping to see some Stormtroopers in March of the First Order, but instead all he saw was the Moons of Endor.

Now that's what I call a solid Plan B!    I wonder if they got a love note from the Fort Rangers about being parked off the pavement?  LOL

Posted Images

OK, I dug another WTF photo out of my suitcase.

This one actually requires a few photos to put the whole event in context.

These photos go back to Halloween 2008.

We arrived at the Fort on a Thursday and hit a Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party.

On the way out, Castmembers were lined up at the end of Main Street holding signs. One friendly Castmember motioned to one of my DD's to come over and hold the sign for him. So she did:

FWHalloween2008190.jpg

That photo was taken just after midnight.

No big deal so far.

The next morning was the Halloween Pet Parade at the Fort. I can't remember what time it started, but it was the first event in the morning, and since we had been up late the night before, I had to drag the girls out of bed in order to make it over to the 300 loop, where the parade was about to begin. Just as the parade was about to start, a last minute contestant came running up:

FWHalloween2008129.jpg

Here's a better look at him:

FWHalloween2008134.jpg

This guy was quite a spectacle. He was very dramatic, and note that he is wearing an I Heart Witches T-shirt.

From what I heard, this dog won the pet costume contest that year.

Again, not that big a deal.

We use a screen saver on our home computer that posts random photos from the computer's memory.

One day, I happened to be watching the screen saver, and the photos that we just looked at happened to come up.

I noticed for the first time that the guy from the pet parade looked a lot like the guy who handed my daughter the sign.

So, I prepared this composite photo:

comparison.jpg

And, it made me say WTF?

Is this the same guy?

These photos were taken only about 8-9 hours apart. I think the guy's glasses are different in the two photos, and the hair is parted differently. But, what are the chances of two men looking so similar? Especially with the look they are sporting?

So, what do you think, are these photos of the same guy or not.?

If they are, WTF was that guy doing at the pet parade?

If they aren't what are the chances that I would run in to two distinctive looking guys like this in such a short time frame?

I don't know.

WTF?

TCD

I don't think so Andrew. Their ears are different also.

I was going to mention the ears, but Doodle beat me to that one. There's that gap or whatever on the right uppre teeth that one has and the other doesn't. Sorry, TCD - different guys.

The ears are a good point. And the teeth, too.

But it is still very odd to me that I just so happened to run into two very similar looking and distinctive men in such a short time frame.

Maybe they are brothers?

TCD

Great photo!

And, great story.

While most folks would find this story to be odd, I understand where these folks were coming from. If they made it to Lake City, how excruciating would it be to have to stop there and watch their vacation days tick away while their RV was in the shop? They probably thought: the heck with it, we are going to the Fort no matter what!

I salute them!

I would still say WTF, but I salute them!

TCD

I would have thought this would be a TCD award.... Man of Genius be it ironic or in true admiration.

I took the 2 photos, enlarged them by a factor of 20, adjust the brightness & contrast, and then enhanced them through a couple of filters. I'm 100% certain that it is not the same guy.

Among other features when viewed this way, it is the eyeglasses that is the most obvious. The hinge point on the glasses is at the very top on one pair and about 1/3 of the way down on the other.

I took the 2 photos, enlarged them by a factor of 20, adjust the brightness & contrast, and then enhanced them through a couple of filters. I'm 100% certain that it is not the same guy.

Among other features when viewed this way, it is the eyeglasses that is the most obvious. The hinge point on the glasses is at the very top on one pair and about 1/3 of the way down on the other.

Wow, Lou, I'm impressed.

But, there's a flaw in your theory . . .

What if he had two pairs of glasses?

And decided to comb his hair differently that morning?

And got stung by an insect and his ears were swelling?

And, chipped his tooth?

Then it could be the same guy.

I still can't get past the fact that I crossed paths with two of these guys in such a short time.

TCD

What if he had two pairs of glasses?

Good point, however, I wrote among other features.

Because the photos are similar, not identical, as far as the camera angle, I made a template which just had dots marking the location of the pupils, the tip of the nose, and the front upper tooth of one of the guys. I then overlayed it over the other photo. Not even close.

The better looking of the two guys has facial features much closer to each other.

I dug a few more photos up.

These are not from the Fort.

But they still made me say "What The Fort?"

These are from the Florida Strawberry Festival, which is an annual event held in Plant City, Florida.

I have lived in Florida for over 30 years now, and never went to it. I have been to the Florida State Fair and to local carnivals, and figured that the Strawberry Festival was about the same thing.

A couple of years ago, a young artist by the name of Taylor Swift was performing there, and my DD's asked me to buy them tickets. So I did, and we went. We had a good time. I also found out that the music venue there has free grandstand seating for those attending the Strawberry Festival.

This year, the girls wanted to see a group named Lady Antebellum, who were performing there. So we went. I said we could just sit in the grandstands, and they were fine with that.

The people watching at the Strawberry Festival is the best.

For example, check out this dude losing his overalls:

sf1.jpg

At the concert, we were seated behind this young lady with a tramp stamp:

sf2.jpg

I tried not to look, but I did a double take when I thought it said Scooby Doo.

WTF?

It turns out I was wrong.

It says Booby Doo!:

sf3.jpg

WTF?

TCD

p.s. If you ever get a chance to visit the Strawberry Festival, you should!

I have lived in Florida for over 30 years now, and never went to it. I have been to the Florida State Fair and to local carnivals, and figured that the Strawberry Festival was about the same thing.

It says Booby Doo!:

WTF?

TCD

I had to remove the photos for my sanity, but wow!

I too have lived here for over 30 years and we have been to the Strawberry Festival one time. I did it and probably won't ever go back. Pig racing is just not for me.

Nice job though, on capturing these beauties.

I had to remove the photos for my sanity, but wow!

I too have lived here for over 30 years and we have been to the Strawberry Festival one time. I did it and probably won't ever go back. Pig racing is just not for me.

Sorry about the photos, but they needed to be shared.

In case there are any tramps reading along who are considering stamps.

Of all the things a tramp could have stamped, why "Boobydoo?"

I should have asked her.

Oh, and you should give the pig racing another chance. It's riveting.

And, how about the lumberjack show? That's worth the price of admission right there.

TCD