• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Poor guy was hoping to see some Stormtroopers in March of the First Order, but instead all he saw was the Moons of Endor.

Now that's what I call a solid Plan B!    I wonder if they got a love note from the Fort Rangers about being parked off the pavement?  LOL

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Now that's what I call a solid Plan B! 

I wonder if they got a love note from the Fort Rangers about being parked off the pavement?  LOL

That's another thing from this past trip (I feel like a complainer :lol:  ).  In the past I would get a "love letter" from the Fort Ranger telling me I had a tire on some portion of the grass.  This trip, there were trucks and cars parked EVERYWHERE, most of them with all 4 tires on the grass.  I didn't see one note from a ranger.

That's another thing from this past trip (I feel like a complainer :lol:  ).  In the past I would get a "love letter" from the Fort Ranger telling me I had a tire on some portion of the grass.  This trip, there were trucks and cars parked EVERYWHERE, most of them with all 4 tires on the grass.  I didn't see one note from a ranger.

I was going to mention that too. I saw cars, golf carts everywhere not on pavement. There was one site with 4 tents on it and 3 cars all entirely in the grass (well, really dirt & pine needles).

Here at the fort for Christmas. Still no sign of wifi. A couple of pics of our rig to share. Lots of decorations. c5e1c98988c8ad895ac70c8314fb36dd.jpgb3c0e6def0006f902bb065228bf81afe.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love your trailer. I wish more manufactures would go back to putting the front windows on their units

• 4 weeks later...

It has already been discussed elsewhere on this Board that Disney plans to remove the Earffel Tower, which was the original icon representing Disney's Hollywood Studios on merchandise sold at WDW.  In 2000, they started using the big Sorcerer's Hat as the icon, but the Earffel Tower came back last year, when that hat was removed.  http://www.fortfiends.net/topic/16918-rumor-earful-tower-coming-down-at-hollywood-studios/#comment-475529

It has also already been discussed that the new DHS icon showing up on 2016 merchandise is the Tower of Terror.  That's one of the only choices they have left, and it can be argued that it is appropriate, even though three other Disney parks have the same attraction, because the DHS version is the original, which opened in 1994.

On this past Sunday, the TCD twins were perusing the merchandise in the Emporium store on Main Street in the Magic Kingdom, when they called me over to take a look at this sweatshirt:

1%2031%2016%20175_zpswwdvwgsf.jpg

1%2031%2016%20176_zpsscgejbx8.jpg

"Yeah," I said, "they aren't using the water tower as Hollywood Studio's symbol anymore."  "No," they said "look at the date."

It says 1994 under the Tower of Terror artwork.

Disney's Hollywood Studios (then called Disney MGM Studios) opened its doors in 1989.

They have the correct date for the opening of the MK, Epcot and Disney's Animal Kingdom.

But, they have the year Tower of Terror opened instead of the year the park opened.

And, they show MK and Epcot in order, but have Animal Kingdom in the third spot on the shirt.

This was right there on display in the flagship merchandise store at Walt Disney World.  And, it's not a cheap item.  It's one of the 28 and Main branded items, which are premium priced (and crappily made).

WTF?

TCD

EDITED TO ADD:  After I posted this, I went to Google to see if anyone else had spotted this goof.  I am guessing not, as the Disney Store is selling t-shirts on-line right now with the same error:

t%20shirt_zpsfhy9bkzh.jpg

http://www.disneystore.com/tees-tops-shirts-clothes-four-parks-one-world-tee-for-adults-walt-disney-world-2016/mp/1391212/1000228/#longDesc

I looked at the first picture a long time trying to figure out what the last 2 pictures even were because I assumed the 3rd icon would be HS and the last AK. I finally looked at the zoom pic and figured it out AK was 3rd.  WTF indeed. And is that the best they could do on TOT. I don't know that I would ever recognize that as TOT.    

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

So, they finally opened the Town Center section of Disney Springs this weekend, and folks showed up in droves.

That's the Boat House restaurant over there- very classy and expensive place:

5%2015%2016%20114_zpsydeygkvk.jpg

Hey, what's that I see over there?:

5%2015%2016%20117_zps5tn77aua.jpg

What the Fort?:

boathouse%20zoom_zpsycf1pxrb.jpg

What's the saying?

If you've got it, flaunt it?

More power to you, brother.

TCD