Emergency or care box

You all are gonna laugh, but we have an entire tool box filled with "emergency" stuff for the 4-leggeds. 

But understand... we have 3 border collies.  They're crazy.  And accident prone.  Especially on Sundays.

I joke that I could do surgery out of it, and actually one time a human got a nasty cut that I was able to clean and dress thanks to the handy dandy tool box.

I won't inventory the whole thing for you, but some basics...

Vet wrap (you can never have enough of this stuff) - it's the stretchy wrap that sticks to itself

Saline or some other sterile liquid you can flush wounds with.

Nail Clippers

Brush

Scissors (I like the blunt tipped ones for squirmy dogs)

Antibiotic cream/ointment

Gauze pads

Muzzle (just in case - if your dog is ever seriously injured, you might need one in order to treat a very freaked out dog)

Spare leash

Dog booties or baby/toddler socks (good for covering paw wounds)

Benedryl

Your vet's phone number and a copy of your dog's current vaccine records - if you're traveling and your dog is injured, this may help prevent them needing to be over-vaccinated because you can't prove they're up-to-date.

I've got a bunch more stuff in mine, but I don't want to be laughed out of the room...  :argh:

Wow Monique, you've got an emergency room for pets.

I think you have a special situation with 3 big active dogs.

Our little guy is 7 years old this month and has not had an injury. He's in the house 99% of the time. Can only be let out in the pool area and that's a very safe area, unless he falls in. And he's the only pet.

Here is a phone number for what I believe to be the closest Vet to the Fort 407-846-3912. They're Buddy's Vet.

After hours 407-438-4449

Here is a phone number for what I believe to be the closest Vet to the Fort 407-846-3912. They're Buddy's Vet.

After hours 407-438-4449

Thanks Lou!  I'm gonna put that in my phone. 

And yeah, the lunatics are pretty much accidents waiting to happen.

And the big stuff always happens on a Sunday. 

Did you know that just walking into the Vet ER on a Sunday will cost you $300?

Yeah..... we do.... in multiple states.    :rofl2: