How important are our pets?

We have a small law practice in Kissimmee and are interviewing for an attorney to join the practice.

Buddy, our beloved Silky Terrier, goes to the office every day and has the run of the place. So not only does the prospective attorney have to meet Gail's, my wife the lawyer, requirements, but they also have to pass the Buddy test. Buddy has the last say.

Luckily Buddy likes most people, not too crazy about dogs though, so most of the candidates did OK.

We do know what brings happiness into our lives every single day.

In answer to the question - pretty doggone important! (pun totally intended)

For starters, we're die hard campers today because of our pets.

We tried leaving them with family and going on vacation in the beginning when we only had 1 dog - but that just didn't work for us as we worried the whole time. Then we had 2... and it just wasn't an option any more.

That's when my former "no dogs" husband who fell in love with cruising on our first trip on the Disney Wonder said "let's get a camper so we can just take them with us" :heart:

Since then we've also bought them a monster truck to tote them around in and a camp in Maine. :rofl2:

Oh yeah, and built them a doggie dorm/bar in the new TT (ok, so maybe the bar is for us)

But honestly, it's all they add to our lives that make us want to spend so much time with them. They make us laugh and smile every single day and there's nothing like puppy snuggle time when you're having a crappy day.

Not all our friends and family "get it" - but even they have come to accept how important our pack of wackos is to us.

Then again... they don't really have a choice.

I talked to my mom the other day on my way home from work and Brady was in the truck and barked. She said in amazement, "you take the dogs to work?!"

I explained that part of the deal when I took this job was that they had to make it worth my while to work out of the house and leave my fuzzy slippers and the mutts behind.

They said I could bring both to the office! :D

Oh and btw, DH also went from "no dogs" to "no dogs on the bed" to...

Bz sleeping on his pillow with her nose jammed into his neck.

yep... pretty important....

Hmm important? Oh ya, as I am typing this I have 5 on my lap making sure I don't make any typing errors. :rofl2:

They wake me up in the morning with kisses and tell me when it's time to say goodnight to my Fiends. I smile all day long because they are always doing something goofy :lol:

They sleep with us, play with us and make life in general better. People think I am crazy when they find out I have 6 chihuahuas. Maybe I am but it's a good kind of crazy. I wouldn't trade them for anything. :heart:

I explained that part of the deal when I took this job was that they had to make it worth my while to work out of the house and leave my fuzzy slippers and the mutts behind.

They said I could bring both to the office!

Good deal.

Oh and btw, DH also went from "no dogs" to "no dogs on the bed" to...

Bz sleeping on his pillow with her nose jammed into his neck.

That's a pretty funny mental picture.

People think I am crazy when they find out I have 6 chihuahuas. Maybe I am but it's a good kind of crazy. I wouldn't trade them for anything. :heart:

Well you're crazy, but it has nothing to do with the Chi's :heartsmiley:

Oh and you forgot to mention their amazing flying ability, as noted in my tag...

flying%2Bchihuahua.jpg

Well you're crazy, but it has nothing to do with the Chi's :heartsmiley:

Oh and you forgot to mention their amazing flying ability, as noted in my tag...

flying%2Bchihuahua.jpg

Funny thing, I have six of the little critters and none of them fly. Think of the money I could make if they did. Doodle and her Amazing Flying Chihuahuas. I wonder if Cirque de Soleil would be interested. :rofl2:

Funny thing, I have six of the little critters and none of them fly. Think of the money I could make if they did. Doodle and her Amazing Flying Chihuahuas. I wonder if Cirque de Soleil would be interested. :rofl2:

Oh they'll fly once I finish making their tiny, purple, sequined capes.

Just look at Lyn!

6057785418_aae7f00b5e_o.jpg

Our little guys will always be our babies. Eight years ago when DH's job started sending him out of town for extended period of time we decided that it was time to get a motorhome to accommodate them and keep the family together while we traveling around the southeast. Our daughter dogsat once while we went took a cruise but it caused too much stress for all of us so the motorhome is the only way to go. Like Doodle they are snuggled in with me now checking out the pics of the flying Chi and Lyn. Later they will be tucked in bed with us...somehow or other they always get the biggest share out of the middle! There's nothing like coming in the door and being greeted with sloppy doggy kisses and unconditional love! :heart:

dog.gifILoveMyChihuahua730484ssgll9nrte.gif

You guys and your little tiny dogs, try sharing the bed with 2 bed hog German Shepherds, with a 3rd well on his way to liking the bed too, I don't know what to do when he moves in, I am thinking about kicking Erica out!!!

By the way, he is a little over 8 weeks old and is already pushing 25lbs!!!! OMG he is going to be HUGE!!!!

After a weekend with us and all 3 dogs, I am sure Bill and Becky think we are total loons, but hey, the dogs go with us hand in paw... LOL

Damn Important. :heart:

They are our children. The oldest can't travel with us unfortunately because of health issues.

But if she and the youngest dosen't go with us, they get the best kennel/spa around.

We have gotten king bed within the last year since they take up so much room. We still wake up on dangling off the edge of the bed though. Go figure. We figure they get half of the bed. Just the middle half, top half and bottom half. :rofl2:

Oh and as for bed hogs...

Bz may weigh a petite 35 lbs, but apparently she is the amazing stretching dog when she gets in bed.

The other night her nose was hanging over the edge of the foot of the bed, and when she stretched her back feet were by my shoulder!

she was just trying to warm the bed for you.....right? :rolleyes:

That's when my former "no dogs" husband who fell in love with cruising on our first trip on the Disney Wonder said "let's get a camper so we can just take them with us" :heart:

That man's a keeper! My dogs came on our honeymoon with us, so I knew I'd picked the right guy, too. :heart:

It's funny how they do change your life, though. When I got my beloved first dog, an American Eskie, she was so smart and so energized I started learning about dog training. Then my much-adored tri-color collie came along, and he was so sweet and attentive I started teaching dog obedience. Then came competitive obedience. Then agility with my Eskie. Then therapy work/certification with my collie.

When I started writing as a career, the first story I sold was to an animal magazine based on my work at the vet school -- that I got because of my dogs.

When I started feeding my dogs a natural diet, I realized that instead of throwing out the juice from the veggie pulp I was feeding them, that I could drink it -- and I started eating healthier from that point on.

And when my dogs passed away within a year of each other, I could barely function (although having a toddler and preschooler in the house definitely kept me going).

So, yeah, I'm going with super important!

definitely not dogs--they are our kids. they go everywhere with us. we have bike trailers for them so we can go biking. i even had them on the ATV with me. :) they always go on the gc. take them to work? that would be the greatest! but staying home with them would be even better. lol

• 2 weeks later...

As we don’t have human kids, they are the most important beings in our lives. We travel with a part time business and got an RV so we could take them with us. Prior to that, we had not taken an actual vacation in years because we would not leave them in someone else’s care. Now we frequent FW multiple times a year with our old girls (both are about 14 years old). They seem to like being there as there is great doggy email to check out (smells) and they rest and watch Disney channels during the day. They get lots of walks and together time with us when we travel so it is a great thing for all. We can’t imagine traveling without them.