Saw this on another site about renting through Kenny

Just saw this post somewhere else when I was looking up information about renting a golfcart from Kenny:

I just got home today from the Fort. I rented a cart from Kenny. I paid 202.00 for 7 days. I never saw Kenny in person. Our cart was waiting for us when we arrived and when we left we parked it were we picked it up at. However..our lights went out last night coming back from the boat,(a fuse went) so a castmember gave us a flashlight and followed us back to our cabin..which was very nice of him. He stated to us that he has been trying to "catch" Kenny in action delivering the carts b/c he is in no way to be doing business on Disney property, which I heard that somewhere before. He also stated that he can understand that Kenny is cheaper but the customer is in no way to be signing papers or doing any business transaction on the grounds.....which we didnt, everything was done prior to our trip. So maybe that's way we never saw Kenny in person..just talked to him on the phone .

I would really like to save some $$$ and rent from Kenny but I don't want to get hassled by Disney if I get 'caught' doing business with him. I don't have any way of picking up the cart (no trailer or tow package on my van) and it would have to be delivered to the Fort. Any info is greatly appreciated!

The technicality with off site rental companies has always been "doing business ON Disney property" - which apparently means exactly that - signing papers and or transacting any kind of business actually ON the property.

Kenny doesn't do that and to my knowledge never has.

All reservations and payments are handled by phone ahead of time.

He also comes in with an unlettered vehicle/trailer.

There was another company Golf Cart Enterprises, that was officially kicked out a while ago, allegedly for actively doing business in the overflow lot - not sure if that means signing paperwork or just the fact that they showed up with a flatbed trailer and truck all detailed with their company info.

When the Fort started cracking down on off-site rentals about a year ago and at the same time changed the overflow lot configuration, Kenny just changed it up to meeting people outside the gate, having them jump in the truck with him and using their key card to get past the gate.

DH met him on the road just outside the Fort last year.

Since the road outside the Fort isn't "on property" I can't see it being a problem.

We asked Kenny last November if he wanted us to meet him at Downtown Disney and ride in from there, but he said it was no problem and that he hasn't had any issues at all.

The thing with Kenny (unlike GCE and some others) he doesn't advertise, he doesn't actively solicit business at the Fort, and he doesn't do an enormous amount of rental volume at the Fort as he has a limited number of carts.

I'm not worried yet. :)

I just got home today from the Fort. I rented a cart from Kenny. I paid 202.00 for 7 days. I never saw Kenny in person. Our cart was waiting for us when we arrived and when we left we parked it were we picked it up at. However..our lights went out last night coming back from the boat,(a fuse went) so a castmember gave us a flashlight and followed us back to our cabin..which was very nice of him. He stated to us that he has been trying to "catch" Kenny in action delivering the carts b/c he is in no way to be doing business on Disney property, which I heard that somewhere before. He also stated that he can understand that Kenny is cheaper but the customer is in no way to be signing papers or doing any business transaction on the grounds.....which we didnt, everything was done prior to our trip. So maybe that's way we never saw Kenny in person..just talked to him on the phone .

I would really like to save some $$$ and rent from Kenny but I don't want to get hassled by Disney if I get 'caught' doing business with him. I don't have any way of picking up the cart (no trailer or tow package on my van) and it would have to be delivered to the Fort. Any info is greatly appreciated!

That original post was from March 5, 2011. I think if there were any problems, they would have been found out by now, since I think people here have rented from him since than.

Best Regards,

Norm

Just checked and actually he met Kenny on the road coming in off the main road ...so technically he was on property. (I thought he'd gone out to the main road)

However all he did was jump in Kenny's truck and drive in. No business was transacted anywhere.

Worst case we could have met him further out on the road or even at DTD.

I talked to Kenny about this and he has spoken to the front office. They know he's there. He was told not to have customers sign anything or take payment on property. The previous poster said some things about Kenny that IMO were unfair. They knew renting off site was a risk to begin with. They went with their wallet and took that chance. For them to throw him under the bus was unfair. Kenny tries very hard to please his customers and goes above and beyond to help people. I would take this persons opinion and toss it in the trash.

What road is that?

Technically that property does belong to Disney. Orange Co. has juridstiction of the roads but it's Disney's property from pretty much 535 to the east, I-4 to the south and 192 to the west. Not sure what the north boundary is but what I described is close. DTD is theirs too so that would also be on property. In reality the renter should have to go get the cart with their own vehicle but as long as Disney doesn't say anything then I say have them delivered. Their carts are rented out a lot and as long as they don't have a full cart barn I doubt they will say anything.

Technically that property does belong to Disney. Orange Co. has juridstiction of the roads but it's Disney's property from pretty much 535 to the east, I-4 to the south and 192 to the west. Not sure what the north boundary is but what I described is close. DTD is theirs too so that would also be on property.

True. We were mostly just thinking that no one from the Fort management would be wasting time staking out DTD. :)

And really, I doubt the Walt Disney World Corporation as a whole gives a rat's patootie about Kenny in the big scheme of things. Certainly not enough to be stalking him out on the main roads or at DTD. For starters, they tend to pretend the Fort doesn't exist most of the time! And with millions of dollars in counterfeit tickets apparently floating around out there - they've got MUCH bigger fish to fry.

Personally I think as long as Kenny continues to fly under the radar and not get too big for his britches as far as the Fort is concerned, there's nothing to worry about. Fiends keep him pretty darn booked much of the year, so really the business finds him - not the other way around. And Kenny knows the rules clearly. Drop offs/pick ups only - no business transacted ON property. Easy peasy!

We rented from Kenny last October, which was after the parking lot change, and he still met us inside in the overflow lot. We had problems with our cart mid trip and he brought another right to our cabin. As long as no transactions are taking palce on Disney property as others have said, I don't see how Disney could stop him from delivering carts to people. They could say no non Disney golf carts allowed at all, but I can't imagine how that would go over. Otherwise, they can't prove that he's not just a friend letting someone borrow his cart for their trip. Maybe he has a lot of friends and is very generous. :D

I find the original message that "ThatsMrGrumpy2U" quoted suspicious, to say the least.

It sounds like something that someone who had a self interest in driving away potential customers or had an axe to grind with Kenny would say.

The quoted CM, if he even existed, would have to be a complete idiot to say what he said.

Fort management and any half witted Fort CM know's full well what's going on with 3rd party carts.

As long as they play by Disney's rules, they're fine.

That is until a new idiot manager is brought in and they decide they need to make a mark for themselves and ban all 3rd party cart rentals.

I find the original message that "ThatsMrGrumpy2U" quoted suspicious, to say the least.

It sounds like something that someone who had a self interest in driving away potential customers or had an axe to grind with Kenny would say.

The quoted CM, if he even existed, would have to be a complete idiot to say what he said.

Fort management and any half witted Fort CM know's full well what's going on with 3rd party carts.

As long as they play by Disney's rules, they're fine.

That is until a new idiot manager is brought in and they decide they need to make a mark for themselves and ban all 3rd party cart rentals.

ThatsMrGrumpy2U is my hunny. :D We were working on our Disney budget and talking over the price of Disney's golf carts. I mentioned having heard about Kenny and so DH googled Kenny's golf carts at Disney and a link for the above posted quote popped up. Reading how almost everyone said they'd never had any problems with Kenny delivering a cart, I thought perhaps the CM was misinformed or just being a butthead. We've already got a cart reserved with Disney but were trying to find ways to cut down on costs. We've called Kenny and are waiting to hear from him. We just didn't know anything about renting from other people. We didn't want to have trouble while on vacation and surely didn't want to get Kenny in trouble. When Kenny returns our call, we'll just ask HIM how he wants to handle everything. ;D