DUH! Some business men are a wee bit dense.

If my dad ever found out I have done this he will kick my a**, but read the info at the top of the page.

There are several rental company's being quoted on here, my dad offers a fantastic service so why can't I tell you all about it and offer an alternative.

I'm sure our past customers will be posting on here if they are aware of this site and will agree with me.

Happy Holidays

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

yes, please let us know how your customers liked your rentals, or better yet....you can always pay for advertising....Ip addresses are wonderful things, arent they?

WHAT A JERK YOU ARE, PRETENDING TO BE SOMEONE YOU ARE NOT. MOST FOLKS DON'T MIND SOMEONE WHO IS HONEST. DID YOU CHECK WITH THE ADMINS TO SEE HOW MUCH IT WOULD COST TO ADVERTISE ON THEIR SITE? NO, YOU'

Someday maybe people will learn that suddenly popping on a message board and only discussing golf cart rentals is far from clever. ...and that those of us here are smart enough to know who's opinion t

If my dad ever found out I have done this he will kick my a**, but read the info at the top of the page.

There are several rental company's being quoted on here, my dad offers a fantastic service so why can't I tell you all about it and offer an alternative.

I'm sure our past customers will be posting on here if they are aware of this site and will agree with me.

Happy Holidays

WHAT A JERK YOU ARE, PRETENDING TO BE SOMEONE YOU ARE NOT. MOST FOLKS DON'T MIND SOMEONE WHO IS HONEST. DID YOU CHECK WITH THE ADMINS TO SEE HOW MUCH IT WOULD COST TO ADVERTISE ON THEIR SITE? NO, YOU'D RATHER CREEP AROUND HERE AND LIE TO PEOPLE. I FEEL VIOLATED THAT YOU CAME INTO THE CHAT ROOM AND PRETENDED TO BE A NEW MEMBER WANTING INFO AND WE WERE WELCOMING AND HELPFUL. I HOPE YOUR DAD REALIZES THAT HE RAISED A DISHONEST, CREEP.

WHO WANTS TO RENT FROM A COMPANY WHEN IT IS OBVIOUS THAT Y'ALL ARE DISHONEST. I THINK WE NEED TO POST ON THIS THREAD THE NAME AND NATURE OF YOUR BUSINESS AND RECOMMEND AGAINST IT BASED ON YOUR DECEITFUL PRACTICES.

YES, I MEANT TO YELL!

I know, why dosen't someone call the business and let the Dad know what the son is doing?

If I was a sole proprietor and had someone in my organization, family or both having an negative impact on my reputation, I would prefer a heads up. Then again, if I was a sole proprietor, I would be researching my customer's feedback and my finding out the best ETHICAL way to advertise.

No need to get personal! He has been in business 3 years and does very well in the fort. I'm sure if people know about this site they will post.

I have just started working for him after leaving school, and just trying to help, not just us but you as well, sorry

The issue is that you came on here pretending to be a customer of a golf cart company - that's deceitful and I'm not sure why you felt the need to lie?

If you wanted to promote your dad's business (and that's commendable), you had 2 HONEST options on this site - have your dad take out some ad space (a few other companies already do), or get some of his ACTUAL customers to join and share their experiences.

If you really didn't know how things worked in regards to promoting a business on this site, you could have simply come on and said, "hey gang - my dad has a great golf cart rental business..." Then folks here would have told you about those 2 other options and no harm done.

Unfortunately what you've done now is actually damage your dad's company's reputation with this group because now how can we trust anything that's posted about his business?

If you'd actually joined this board as a participating member (instead of looking for some free advertising) and done some poking around, you'd have learned that other golf cart companies have tried these kinds of tactics here before too, and most people here have vowed never to work with them again.

Working with a vendor for a service like this involves a good degree of faith and trust - especially when you're trying out a new company for the first time. That's why people here value REAL reviews from fellow campers that share their experiences. That's also why when you break that trust by operating in the way you have, it makes people seriously leery of wanting to do business with you.

ETA: Oh and the information you posted at the top of the page is not new. If you'd done even a little bit of research on this site you'd have learned that it was reported over a month ago.

Plain and simple it is against the terms of service of this group to speak of your own business without the express permission of the webmasters. And as you can see the members of this group CARE alot about the webmasters of this group!!!

Unfortunately Todd, your opinion on what is ok and what is not on this subject is not relevant. I hate to sound callus, but Carol hit it on the head here.

If you are just coming out of school, you have missed a valuable class, business etiquette. You have greatly damaged your father's business reputation by your lack of research and lack of honesty with our membership. I will not endorse our pages to include your father's business on our recommended sites because, not your father's, but YOUR actions. You are obviously now representing his company now that you are "out of school", and you are about to learn your first lesson. Unfortunately, you won't be the one the suffers financially for it, which is a shame.

We have one of the most loyal followings that I know of on the Internet or anywhere else in person for that matter. I dare say you "stepped in it pretty good" as my father has always told me.

And for the record, I also have an online business. Do you see me touting it everywhere?

And by the way, I would love to hear from his customers.

No need to get personal! He has been in business 3 years and does very well in the fort. I'm sure if people know about this site they will post.

I have just started working for him after leaving school, and just trying to help, not just us but you as well, sorry

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astroturfing

That's what you were doing. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt because you're fresh out of school and really don't know any better yet, but you can get in all kinds of trouble doing this sort of thing.

If you've got customers who would like to recommend your business, send them our way. Just don't have them post from your office, ok? Because we'll know. :)

So here's an interesting tidbit that unfortunately I cannot confirm first hand...

It's been reported elsewhere that Disney security stopped Central Florida Golf Carts on Dec.16th, refusing to let them enter and drop off a cart.

The interesting part is what allegedly happened next. The person that had rented with CFGC says that a Disney rep then offered to match the price they were getting on a Disney rental!

Maybe I'm just cynical, but I can't for a million years believe that Disney would do this, especially since it's likely the off-site rental was probably half of what they charge.

Anyone got any good insider info on this to confirm?

Again - I don't know the person that is reporting this so have no way to confirm how true all of this is.

So here's an interesting tidbit that unfortunately I cannot confirm first hand...

It's been reported elsewhere that Disney security stopped Central Florida Golf Carts on Dec.16th, refusing to let them enter and drop off a cart.

The interesting part is what allegedly happened next. The person that had rented with CFGC says that a Disney rep then offered to match the price they were getting on a Disney rental!

Maybe I'm just cynical, but I can't for a million years believe that Disney would do this, especially since it's likely the off-site rental was probably half of what they charge.

Anyone got any good insider info on this to confirm?

Again - I don't know the person that is reporting this so have no way to confirm how true all of this is.

I call shenanigans. Disney is in no position to match prices. They don't have to. They are in control of who is on or off their property, whether or not they choose to enforce it. Was this on the MISinformation board?

Well this just plain sucks! We all knew those buttholes were going to screw everyone who rents carts offsite.

Don't worry about it Steve. There are still options.

not posting anything more because "the man" (or should I say "the mouse") is always watching

I call shenanigans. Disney is in no position to match prices. They don't have to. They are in control of who is on or off their property, whether or not they choose to enforce it. Was this on the MISinformation board?

Yep! And I don't have any idea who posted it - not a name I recognized and someone without many posts. They claimed to be the first-hand participant in this whole thing.

Could all be a load of hooey - or another GC rental company trying to position themselves to be the only "go to" company out there.

I wouldn't be surprised if that were the case.

Who knew the world of GC rentals was so cut throat? ;)

Astroturfing, had to look that one up.

I remember queen Nancy used it not that long ago.

I stopped to pick up at the Fort today and noticed that there were only a dozen or so carts to rent.

So why would they lower their prices when people are renting them at the ridiculous current rates?

That is Disney's main business principle, and it works well for them.

So why would they lower their prices when people are renting them at the ridiculous current rates?

Ahh, I love a man who gets right to the point. Also, if "word got out" (like it was so conveniently posted in places for certain people to see), Disney would have to continue the practice because of their "blunder" in the first place. Hmmm, I highly doubt this with the informational age being what it is today. People may fall for that trick on other boards, not here.