Booking a Cruise while on the Cruise

I would love to have any tips you may have as to how to get the best deal on booking another Disney cruise while on a DC. We leave Sept. 24 for our first Disney Cruise. We would probably like to go again in 2013, but how can we put the least amount down now and still get a good deal if we upgrade later?

Thanks in advance.

We always try to rebook while onboard. Usually they'll give you some extra 'goodie' not available once you leave the ship. It's most times a lower deposit, or a nice onboard credit, or a 3rd/4th person free, or a refundable deposit if you change your mind in certain time. If you know for sure you want to have another DCL cruise (and isn't there always a 'next DCL cruise'?), I recommend you book onboard. ie: we know we want on the Fantasy October 13, 2012, and even have a list of cabins we prefer, so we'll be booking now.

• 4 weeks later...

I would love to have any tips you may have as to how to get the best deal on booking another Disney cruise while on a DC. We leave Sept. 24 for our first Disney Cruise. We would probably like to go again in 2013, but how can we put the least amount down now and still get a good deal if we upgrade later?

Thanks in advance.

To pay the least amount at the time, you can book your next cruise (with a dummy date, if you don't know the exact sail date yet), and just book it for one person for now. That way, you only pay the deposit for one person. Then, later on, when you choose the specific date, you can add the other people to the reservation and pay their deposit at that time.